Thinking of selling 3.4 by Lilchief
Started on: 12-31-2013 12:29 PM
Replies: 4 (333 views)
Last post by: pokeyfiero on 01-03-2014 02:07 AM
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've got a 3.4 sitting on my carport. Been there about 4-5 years give or take. Never been rained on or anything. It had a bad freeze plug when I bought it, never heard it run. But was told it ran good. Don't know the mileage either. Should I pull the heads for a look or leave it as is ? And sell it. What's the going price now days ?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With so little known about the engine it's going to be a gamble for anyone to put it in their car.
Lilchief

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LilchiefSend a Private Message to LilchiefEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I could see if i can borrow an inspection camera, pull the plugs and have a look. Maybe hook up a compression tester , put on a starter and see the results.

------------------

85 GT 3.4
14.9 @ 90 1.9 60' Old TH125/3.06
Unknown New 4T60/3.42

uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post01-01-2014 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No need to pull the head ,,a compression check will tell you all you need to know ,,only a complete tear down
wiil show if the engine is good!! ... If sitting for over 2 years spray some lube in the cylinders ,use a can that has a fog spray
first turn engine over a with breaker bar !! THEN, using a battery & turning the engine over without it cranking will be sufficient ..doing this will show the engine is better than 90% of the engines from a junk/salvage yard..its a big plus if the engine is clean & the buyer does not have to pull the engine
& he can watch & listen to it turn over don,t know whats wrong with my new girlfriend ,at least I do not have an engine in the living room..

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 01-01-2014).]

pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't just turn that engine ove. Pull the distributor and modify a old distributor (remove cam gear) to spin the oil pump with your drill.

Make sure it has oil that is clean first.

Right now your bearing are dry and prob have a coat of nasty residue.

This won't take long to do.

[This message has been edited by pokeyfiero (edited 01-03-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock