Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Well, It was the start of something beautiful.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Well, It was the start of something beautiful. by FXYFIERO
Started on: 12-29-2013 10:40 AM
Replies: 16 (685 views)
Last post by: FXYFIERO on 12-31-2013 09:29 AM
FXYFIERO

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 10:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Everyone,

I know that you have not seen this username before, and I have never posted either.
Anyway, to make a story short, I recently bought a 87 Fiero GT, using the money I have saved since moving out on my own. (I'm 23 now, I moved out when I was 20.)

I had it for 2 weeks, and legally had it tagged and inspected on Dec 16th. A friend and I were taking a ride that night, making sure everything was good to go, so I could drive it to work the next morning. (I just got new wheels and tires.) I trusted that my guy friend would be able to feel If any thing was off, etc.

We were heading north on a two line highway, when two cars were approaching a stop sign on the right of us. One darted out in front, the car made it past us. The second one was a different story... we thought he would come out a little past the stop sign, so we swerved to the left. For some reason, they decided to gas it, so we went to the right to avoid it. Too Late.

In other words, I had my beautiful Silver Fiero for a short while, and a car full of idiots came along and totaled it.

--I don't want pity, but it may be awhile before I post again, I PLAN TO REPLACE MY FIERO GT!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 10:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum in spite of that misfortune......everybody OK?
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fortunately, yes.

My friend has a place on his head, where it connected with the windshield, and I had a little bump on my temple, but we faired pretty well.
(Was just sore for the most part..., and well really pissed.)

Thank you for welcoming me!
Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post12-29-2013 11:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you enjoy her for the short time you two were together? If so, like a woman, go out and get another.

Seriously though, sorry for the bad luck. But, welcome to the greatest Fiero forum in town!
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 12:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh yes, Jenny handled like a dream come true. (named by a previous owner)
She practically turned the corners for me. (I actually got to drive her 20 minutes before the accident, to a gas station.)
(My friend was driving during the accident.)

I am really happy about finding this forum, and I also planned to buy some XMAS gifts from the Fiero Store!

But yes, as a woman.... (Hehe ), I plan to go out and get another beauty...maybe black this time...

Know anyone that has a GT for sell in NC?

[This message has been edited by FXYFIERO (edited 12-29-2013).]

ChuckLS1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 05:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Where are you in NC?

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

OHNIKO

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ouch, as long as everyone is ok; cars are replaceable.
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 06:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK....everyone is thinking it, but no one is asking.....any pics?
Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hate to hear that....but glad everyone was ok! (Hope the other car didn't drive away without enough damage to make them realize that their driving needs to improve). Insurance? Can you save the car for parts?
jetsnvettes2000

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome and if the tail lights are ok Save them!!!!! they are hard to find and worth premium bucks.
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Before picture :

[This message has been edited by FXYFIERO (edited 12-30-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

FXYFIERO

10 posts
Member since Nov 2013
After pictures :

[This message has been edited by FXYFIERO (edited 12-30-2013).]

Neils88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 56
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 11:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Neils88Send a Private Message to Neils88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Make sure you buy that back from the insurance company....lots of good parts there!!!!

...but I'll raise a glass in honour of your loss...
mrfiero

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 149
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 12:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfieroSend a Private Message to mrfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That was definitely a hard hit.....my condolences. As was mentioned already.....make sure you buy it back from the insurance company.
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 07:51 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just wanted to post to reply to the comments made.

ChuckLS1: I am close to the Orange/Caswell County Line. (In the country! :])
OHNIKO: Everyone is okay, like I said, still angry about it. But, I do plan to search for a new one!
mrfiero,Neils88, jetsnvettes: I am hoping that it wont cost to much to do a buyback, that way I can at least take the parts I need, want to sell. Needless to say, when the crash occurred, we took the rear door skin off the other car.

Neils88: The people in the other car took a ride in the ambulance, I got to go home and sleep in my bed
But since you are raising a glass, make sure it has Crown Black in it!
Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 09:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That'll buff out! Good to hear you two are good and good luck on finding another one.
FXYFIERO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 09:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FXYFIEROSend a Private Message to FXYFIEROEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

That'll buff out! Good to hear you two are good and good luck on finding another one.

That will take one heavy duty buffer! Thanks for your comment, as we are both doing fine. Nothing a little aleve can't fix! (Well, I say that for me, my guy friend still has a place on his head, makes me cringe when I see it.)

I hope I can find another one in as good of shape as Jenny was. I'm pretty much gaga for Fieros now, as I have caught the "fever", don't think I could look for a different type of car!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock