Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Has anyone used just the rear portion of an IMSA kit?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Has anyone used just the rear portion of an IMSA kit? by LeeR
Started on: 12-27-2013 12:24 PM
Replies: 7 (413 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 12-31-2013 10:26 AM
LeeR

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 12:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey guys, someone near me currently has a kit for sale: http://honolulu.craigslist..../pts/4198578179.html

I am considering just using the rear portion to widen up may arse. Any do this? any opinions on this?
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 12:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The issue is that the wide rear end also requires you to replace the door sill plates to the wider style. If you only wanted the back end, you would have to make some type of transition from the rear clip into the stock door sill plate.

This is from my car. Notice how much wider the sill plate area becomes:

[This message has been edited by IMSA GT (edited 12-27-2013).]

LeeR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 05:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ahh, I see! Thanks for the input. I'm sure something can be done, I'm just not sure if it's worth the time and money! Thanks for the heads up!
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 02:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Something can most likely be done but I personally think for the work you would be doing it would not look right at all, Now, it was posted on here a while ago around the time I had gotten my 1st IMSA they were hips that went onto the fatback/notchback, 1/4 panel that gave you the IMSA look without messing with the rocker panel lineup, they looked pretty good but I don't recall where you would get them.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 07:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LeeR:

Hey guys, someone near me currently has a kit for sale: http://honolulu.craigslist..../pts/4198578179.html

I am considering just using the rear portion to widen up may arse. Any do this? any opinions on this?

Those look like Centerline wheels. You may want to grab those.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-30-2013 08:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That looks like a complete kit front rear and side and rockers. Why stop at half an imsa may as well go for the whole thing and the rims because their hard to find.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 07:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

Something can most likely be done but I personally think for the work you would be doing it would not look right at all, Now, it was posted on here a while ago around the time I had gotten my 1st IMSA they were hips that went onto the fatback/notchback, 1/4 panel that gave you the IMSA look without messing with the rocker panel lineup, they looked pretty good but I don't recall where you would get them.

You can get those here.

http://fierofiberglass.com/...0Pages/RearHips.html
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-31-2013 10:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

You can get those here.

http://fierofiberglass.com/...0Pages/RearHips.html

Nah they weren't them, The panels I'm talking about acutely gave the car a side view look of an IMSA but the back end and front all remained the same dimensions It was like a fender flair with an IMSA scoop on the side, If I can find the pics I'll post them up.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock