arm rest by bonaduce
Started on: 12-26-2013 08:34 AM
Replies: 5 (397 views)
Last post by: 88FieroGT TTops on 12-29-2013 06:40 PM
bonaduce

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-26-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyboby have a picture of a "naked" center arm rest, thinking of redoing mine but wanted to see what was there to work with.

dan
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Gall757

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 11:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not clear on what you want here.....the actual arm rest or the spot where it attaches? It's a vinyl covered blob of polyurethane foam.
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 01:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gall757:

Not clear on what you want here.....the actual arm rest or the spot where it attaches? It's a vinyl covered blob of polyurethane foam.

that exactly, I wanted to know what was under the vinyl, if it is the same foam as the radio surround, i will have to rethink my approach.

dan

David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-27-2013 06:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you're thinking of fixing warped console edges, I've had pretty good success slathering epoxy glue where the vinyl has separated & clamping wood strips on either side until it sets...
bonaduce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-28-2013 08:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for bonaduceSend a Private Message to bonaduceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

If you're thinking of fixing warped console edges, I've had pretty good success slathering epoxy glue where the vinyl has separated & clamping wood strips on either side until it sets...

No warped edges, the radio console and shifter surround were cracked and torn in places so I bought material to do those and my headliner, but wasn't able to get the right shade of gray and now the arm rest looks out of place. Main issue is I haven't been able to find the correct thickness of foam to use, and will probably wind up using camper tape or something along those lines. Thanks for the info so far guys

dan
88FieroGT TTops

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-29-2013 06:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88FieroGT TTopsSend a Private Message to 88FieroGT TTopsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mr. Mikes offers an armrest cover--looks pretty big or you can get the cupholder arm rest to cover your bad areas if you cant fix it yourself

------------------
Pat Jones

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock