Started on: 12-23-2013 07:00 PM
Replies: 4 (486 views)
Last post by: bjc 350 on 12-24-2013 07:08 PM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 07:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a spare hood up at my local paint shop in town and was wondering if someone could photoshop it on my car so I can get an idea of how it will look on a notchback with flushmount headlights.

I have a few pictures of my car, not sure which one would work the best, but I'd appreciate anything anyone can mock up for me.

For the people that have had a shop do the fiberglassing, etc, what kind of pricing did they normally charge when you take them the hood and scoop and fiberglass it in.

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
RCR

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think it's hard to see on these angles, (and I'm just a novice)...

Bob
ricjaymes2

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 05:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ricjaymes2Send a Private Message to ricjaymes2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

I think it's hard to see on these angles, (and I'm just a novice)...

Bob

I think its kinda pointless but looks really cool thats for sure!

------------------
Mark
87 Fiero SE

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It should help vent the air especially in town for the fan and get that hot air out. Should work better for higher speeds on the highway so there is not a lot of light front end anymore. It's going on a spare hood so I don't ruin my original one.
bjc 350

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-24-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice car! You can build your own pretty easily. I've done several, and its not very hard. I cut into the hood with a Skil circular saw and separated the inner skin from the outer. Then made some side fillers from broken door skin and glued it in with Fusor 114 adhesive/filler. The Fusor adhesive is $35-$40, as I recall. Be careful when cutting, that you don't cut into the underside structure of the hood. With either of these Warber style , the hood structure remains intact but the radiator shroud could require some minor trimming, depending on the location of your scoop. The front trunk bulkhead stays intact and the weatherstrip seals correctly. Take the money you saved from doing it yourself and have the body shop paint it for you.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock