Started on: 12-20-2013 10:13 AM
Replies: 12 (250 views)
Last post by: VikingRedBaron on 12-21-2013 08:02 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I need to figure out the best way to ship a 6 speed F40 tranny to a fellow Fiero fanatic. Estimating weight at 150lbs boxed in plywood and approx. dimensions at 99" total (l+w+h) UPS wants $243.83. Fedex shows $114.73 on its website calculator. Does anyone know a better way to ship this bad boy?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 12-20-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
dobey

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can try freightquote.com.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have shipped a getrag via UPS before, but it still cost about $125 and the F40 is a good 20-30 lbs heavier.

Greyhound might be a possibility.
If you both are near a large airport, you might try Forward Air.
If there is a LTL carrier (Like Conway/CCX) with a crossdock near both destinations it might be reasonable as well.
Steel

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 11:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SteelSend a Private Message to SteelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I shipped an F40 in a Roughnech storage box from Walmart. It was just under 140 lbs and cost me 127 bucks.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're not going to get much cheaper than fedex unless Greyhound will take it. But I think they have a weight limit.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 12:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you try www.uship.com ? Not sure if it will be cheaper or not, but its worth a shot.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:
... Fedex shows $114.73 on its website calculator. Does anyone know a better way to ship this bad boy?

That's probably about as good as you're going to get.
I bought a Getrag a few years back, and had it shipped to my house. It was a bit over a hundred. Think it was Fed Ex, as well.
Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Last time I tried to ship something with greyhound they told me that they don't ship car parts. That was a few years ago though.
hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 08:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

Last time I tried to ship something with greyhound they told me that they don't ship car parts. That was a few years ago though.

I had a bumper shipped to me on Greyhound about two years ago.

Nelson
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fastenal for sure! I shipped a transmission and two axles along with some other stuff from Texas to New Jersey for $125. I just had it dropped off, they packed and crated it and got It to me in 7 days.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for all the ideas. Greyhound had a 100lb limit. FedEx seemed the cheapest but I will investigate those other ideas this week. Will post up costs. Cheers guys!
PFF
System Bot
mmeyer86gt/gtp

Feedback score:    (161)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 73
Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mmeyer86gt/gtpSend a Private Message to mmeyer86gt/gtpEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fed ex doesnt take plastic bins as containers anymore.
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 08:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
http://www.speedeedelivery.com/

If it is in the zone they service, you cannot beat the price and the service.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock