New guy by BrittB
Started on: 12-15-2013 04:13 PM
Replies: 11 (233 views)
Last post by: pontiackid86 on 12-17-2013 09:16 AM
BrittB

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 04:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
First time posting here but have been reading the forums for a while now and learning much. I have a project 85 SE V6 auto that I'm slowly getting back to running condition and with the help found here I hope to get it back on the road someday soon, thanks!
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Addiction! Post some pics of your beast.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what it looked like when I picked it up, wasn't a runner then but the price was right. A bunch of money later, it still doesn't run!

BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

BrittB

453 posts
Member since Dec 2013
So far I've replaced the entire ignition system, fuel injection system has been completely rebuilt, new gaskets on the intake, (middle and upper), egr delete with the proper chip, and most sensors replaced with new because the orignals were removed for another car. I've driven it about 50 yards tops! It almost sounds like it may have a burnt valve because of a popping/ backfing noise coming out the exhaust so yarding off the heads may be my next adventure. It's a damn good thing I like the car and got into it for cheap or it might have found a home elsewhere instead of my garage. I came really close to going the carbed route with it too and still wish I had, that I know how to sort out
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a good starting point for a project. Start your own thread in the Tech Section, if you haven't already, with all of your problems you are having in getting it running. Surely someone will come along with the solution to your problem and could save you some money.
BrittB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BrittBSend a Private Message to BrittBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've been kicking around the idea of building a 3.4 for it while I drive it but that hasn't happened. The first things I need to do is double check the timing and read the plugs along with a compression check. Just waiting to get my compression tester back from a friend!
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. Nice to see new people picking up these cars to restore.
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bumperpad V6? That's my favorite Fiero body. Good luck! I'm in the "faded red paint" club too!
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BrittB:

A bunch of money later, it still doesn't run!

That pretty much sums up Fiero ownership !
Welcome to the madness.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 07:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Familiar story! lol

Welcome!!
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Story of my life with my 3

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock