Started on: 12-14-2013 12:26 PM
Replies: 54 (859 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 12-30-2013 11:44 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Over the past 13 years I have owned Fieros, my parents have always been supportive of my hobby and like anything else I have ventured into they have been right there for almost all events. When I was younger growing up they were at every soccer game I ever played or any sport for that matter. Most don't know what my mom has been battling with but over the past 2 years I've learned more about life than I have learned in all my life. She was diagnosed with breast cancer in 2011 and took the measures for precaution and had a double mastectomy. Went through all the chemo and radiation and did amazing. Doctors were amazed at how well her health was. She got into gardening to enjoy her relaxing time. She made life so happy for everyone and she's the one battling the cancer. She went out of her way to always help people with, anything from maybe helping my sister baby sit kids that my sister was doing at the time so she could finish her school work. 2 years went by and everything was very well. No traces of any cancer cells. Earlier in the year, she got hit with another turn of events and they found a mass in her lung. Once again she was a fighter and wanted to hit this and beat it too. She has never smoked in her life, but it can affect anyone. She went through all the chemo and radiation treatments again, and once again doctors, nurses, oncologists were amazed at her happiness and how strong she felt. She would leave the treatments go home and nap for a bit and then be out in the front yard enjoying the yard work. She's been an inspiration to many including me and sometimes like anything we tend to take things for granted and don't realize how important parents are and you realize life is not about cars, money or even working. It's about people only.

Thursday evening, we got some more bad news after my mom had been experiencing dizziness last week, she was admitted into the hospital with a bladder infection and once they got it under control and limited her dizziness and vomiting they did a MRI and found 2 masses in her brain. Both cancerous and one causing pressure on her head and swelling. It was causing her to have trouble walking and keeping balance and writing and some memory issues. Come Monday she takes the next battle and starts radiation, the doctors think she is well to do treatment and help aid in the pain. She has one mass that is fluid filled and that's the issue on her head and headaches. I don't know much more than that at this time and I'm just sad. I've never been the type to write this stuff on here, but she needs so many prayers. My friends and family on here for years have really made owning Fieros the funnest part. I enjoy a crowd of people enjoying things a little different in life. My mom loves everyone and for the ones that have met her in person at the 20th or any other show, I think Wheatstock in 2004 may remember my mom and dad. Take the time to love your family and friends all day and even when there are differences, remember life only offers one life for us to do so.

I appreciate all prayers and I know my mom is going to fight this thing and beat it and be able to plant more flowers and garden and enjoy those finer things in life.

Take care,
Amir

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
LFiero67

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 12:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LFiero67Send a Private Message to LFiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well said. Sounds like she's a fighter. When my brother was diagnosed with cancer in grade 2 they said attitude was half the battle in beating it. He's now 32 and no major health issues to speak of. Keep your spirits up, and do everything you can to keep hers up.
Don Kraus

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Don KrausSend a Private Message to Don KrausEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She will be in our prayers,Mom's are the greatest things on earth and yours sound special.God Bless.
Don

------------------
IMSA 34
60' - 1.555
1/4 mi - 10.519
mph - 130.29

TOO FAR
60' - 1.491
1/4 mi - 11.323
mph - 116.4

FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will keep her in our prayers Amir. I hope she gets better soon.

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 01:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You and your family are in my prayers,

[This message has been edited by jb1 (edited 12-15-2013).]

revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir,
Of course I will say some prayers for your mom and you throughout the whole ordeal. I will hug my mom a bit tighter thinking of you and your mom this Christmas season.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She sounds like a fighter, time to win another round. Prayers and good vibes sent your way.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She, and your family, will be in my prayers too.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your Mom and family will be in my prayers.
Boogaloo

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoogalooSend a Private Message to BoogalooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Could not help but had to shed a tear at this amazing woman's courage and fight,say to her she has our support.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 02:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You, your mom, and family are definitely in my prayers. Keep strong, and cherish every moment.
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll remember your family in my prayers also.

Jonathan
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 04:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir,
You and your family will be in our prayers.

Rob
pete 2m4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 05:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pete 2m4Send a Private Message to pete 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers and best wishes to your mom!!! I lost my mom 3 years ago. May God bless your mom. Take care fellow Fiero friend we are here in spirit!!!!
IIKool

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IIKoolSend a Private Message to IIKoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
God Bless
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers from the great white north headin your way......
Danyel & Helene
Custom2M4

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best wishes from canada.

------------------

starlightcoupe

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 06:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for starlightcoupeSend a Private Message to starlightcoupeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As another said, Moms are special and you have an especially tough, resilient Mom. My wife ovarian cancer was recently declared in remission so I have an idea of your fears and concerns. Both my wife and I will pray for your Mom.

Richard and Judy
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best wishes to you and your family.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

Michiganman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 09:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MichiganmanSend a Private Message to MichiganmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am praying for her.
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 11:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
May health & joy return to your home once again.

Spoon

PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 12:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for sharing, praying for your family.
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 12:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope all ends well man......My thoughts go out to ur family...

l67ss

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 03:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for l67ssSend a Private Message to l67ssEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a tough woman, she'll pull through
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 04:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We will keep her and your family in our prayers. I hope things turn out well.
California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 06:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Best Wishes to you and your Family.
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 07:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I pray that her strength continues and that she beats this the same way. She sounds like a very inspirational lady and I hope that she is able to stick around and continues spreading that inspiration to the rest of us.
God Bless.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
good vibes for a speedy recovery.

Steve
SuperchargedV6

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers going your way and I understand what you are going through Seeing those closest to us suffer is the worst thing and makes you realize what really is important in life. Rick B
GTGeff

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 03:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GTGeffSend a Private Message to GTGeffEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You and your family are in my familie's thoughts and prayers.

Jeff
litespd

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amir, I'll always be glad that I got the opportunity to meet your family. Having had several family members who had cancer, I understand what you're going through. I'm holding good thoughts for ALL of you, and hope that your Mom is once again able to beat it and tend to her garden...and her family...
PFF
System Bot
VF1Skullangel

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VF1SkullangelClick Here to visit VF1Skullangel's HomePageSend a Private Message to VF1SkullangelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayin!
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your mother is in our prayers and thoughts. God bless.
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 11:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you guys for the prayers it means a lot. She starts radiation tomorrow and I am keeping her in positive spirits. I took her a nice plant today with my girlfriend to give her strength for tomorrow's treatment. I'm rooting for her like she did from the stands all those years.
LeeR

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 01:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for LeeRSend a Private Message to LeeREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope she has a very fast and easy recovery. I am praying for her as well.
FieroTony

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As I sit here wiping tears from my eyes, my prayers are with you, your mom and you family.
Lost mine 8 years ago to the day this past Friday, (13th). A lifetime of smoking that I was constantly on her about.
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My thoughts are with your family this holiday season.

[This message has been edited by jc8367 (edited 12-16-2013).]

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Praying for your mom and your family.
87GT2M6

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 02:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers for your mom, you and your entire family. Stay strong in your faith God is never wrong and knows exactly what he's doing, even though sometimes we can't understand why certain things happen.
My mom went to be with God in 2009 and I know she was saved before passing, I miss her every day, and this has made me come closer to God then I've even been.

Never loose your faith ever. Find your strength in God in the good times and in the bad.
fiero67

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 107
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fiero67Send a Private Message to fiero67Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Prayers being sent...
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 2 pages long:  1   2 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock