How do you pick a hue?? by retroman
Started on: 12-12-2013 11:20 AM
Replies: 4 (242 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 12-13-2013 01:44 AM
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
So I'm a little way off from actually painting my car, but I like to have a plan settled upon before I begin body work. My problem is that there are so many good looking Fieros out there that it's really hard to settle on a general paint scheme. Nevertheless, I think I have the candidates narrowed down to two. The first just happens to be my favorite color, period. I've always been a fan of the Mopar color palette, especially the lime green Hemi Cudas, so I thought maybe a lime pearl like this:
[img]http://www.google.com/imgres?biw=1920&bih=950&noj=1&tbm=isch&tbnid=QfxgdQkfSkZj0M:&imgrefurl=http://odow.wordpress.com/tag/for/&docid=A2jaR0xgqQI9TM&imgurl=http://odow.files.wordpress.com/2012/04/fiero.jpg&w=600&h=337&ei=QdypUrD2AZLzoATV4YHIDQ&zoom=1[ /img]
(Thanks to Forza for the CGI and some random guy on Wordpress for uploading it) I don't like all limes, some have more yellow tint in them than green, others are too dark, but this one seems right.
My other option is gloss black. I like the stealth look it yields, and I figure I could do a slight nod to Knight Rider with it (a red strobe hidden in a decklid scoop). For me it really comes down to two schools of thought. Do I go with the flashy in your face Lambo style associated with athletes like David Beckham, or do I go more with the classy Mercedes driving art gallery high end wine and cheese crowd type style? I like both honestly, and that's what makes it difficult.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
steve308

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 57
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 04:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for steve308Send a Private Message to steve308Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

project34

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 07:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for project34Send a Private Message to project34Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you've already answered your own question:

Originally posted by retroman:

...I think I have the candidates narrowed down to two. The first just happens to be my favorite color, period....
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 09:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy two Fieros, that's my plan, actually 3.

[This message has been edited by LornesGT (edited 12-12-2013).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please forgive me up front, as I am NOT trying to be rude in any way. I just do not quite understand these types of posts.

If you like a color, and it is your "Favorite PERIOD", then go with it, it's pretty simple. It really just does not matter what other people think. When I painted my car, I spent months before hand looking and researching out different shades of blue, metallics, 2 stage, single stage, ect ect.., then I chose one that I really liked. I would not listen to someone say "I don't like that color", as it is MY car, and I will paint it the color I want.

Go with your gut, and a color that makes YOU happy, don't spend thousands of dollars on something just because someone else likes it.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock