Unique little art project. by 87FieroSport
Started on: 12-12-2013 01:59 AM
Replies: 13 (519 views)
Last post by: 87FieroSport on 12-23-2013 01:22 AM
87FieroSport

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 01:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, after my plastidip adventure absolutely destroyed what was left of my clearcoat..
My buddy Tom and I decided to go on another adventure.

He's an artist, specializing in paint cans who loves doing universe/space canvas'

How it looks so far!
[

New fender: This is actually negative effect on one half and positive effect on the other (if you can notice.)

This is that same picture taken from my phone, on my lady's iPad using the negative effect.

This is what he tested on my fuel door

We know it's bumpy/rigid (texture effect, not supposed to be smooth)
Our plan is to clearcoat the finish products and see how they hold up, I'm getting a whole mess of new panels that have perfect tangerine paint, so my current panels will be turned into this:

Not for every day use, I have a spare car that doesn't run so in the meantime these panels may go on that and when my 3800SC is done, I'll put my 2.8 in there and bring both to the shows.

[This message has been edited by 87FieroSport (edited 12-23-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jarhead 2m4

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jarhead 2m4Click Here to visit Jarhead 2m4's HomePageSend a Private Message to Jarhead 2m4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That's a neat design. The guy has some talent! The most I would do is a wing like that, but that's just me. I'd like to see the finished product!
MalleableList

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 02:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalleableListSend a Private Message to MalleableListEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I LOVE to see cars with unique paint works on them
To me, cars have always been like a blank palette waiting to be filled by the owner.

Keep the thread updated, I'd love to see the end result of this
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 03:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The full car won't be done until atleast Jabuary/Feb.
But I do plan on fitting the fenders and hood on this month to see how it'll come together.
We want the hood to atleast tie in with the fenders, so we'll see.

My only concern is that the finish product might not withstand constant weather abuse...
Luckily we can redo the artwork wheverever we mess up and keep the good sections.
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 03:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

87FieroSport

886 posts
Member since Jul 2012
The original idea actually came up when:

My worst fender had NO clearcoat left, and my buddy said he wanted to do a car like his paintings.
I know Honda and VW kids sometimes take one fender and do graffiti on it..

But this is one step further using over 10 different color layers/patterns and unique skills to get the effects.
MalleableList

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MalleableListSend a Private Message to MalleableListEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I've seen a couple of the Ricers with their grafitti body kits
You should check out what people do to their cars in Japan - they really are passionate about the artwork on their cars!

It's a pity that it will have to be a garage queen though, something like that should be driven around and shown on a daily basis!
olejoedad

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 07:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Reminds me of some of the R/C car bodies we used to paint in the 90's.

Cool!
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the good thing is, if anything gets ruined...
All I need to do is sand off that spot and hit it again, the beauty of this project is that it doesn't have to be uniform, there are flaws in the fender but it looks like it belongs there due to the busyness of every color around it.

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 11:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Remember to make sure the clear coat is compatible with the spray can paint so it doesnt react badly.
revin

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 234
Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 04:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for revinSend a Private Message to revinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
did he set it on fire?
Local guys have been making those on the streets for years. really a neat paintings. I like the purple and black ones.
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 06:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by revin:

did he set it on fire?
Local guys have been making those on the streets for years. really a neat paintings. I like the purple and black ones.

Nope, sanded down to a rough finish, and just spray paint. Multiple layers.
It takes him 10 minutes to do a 2x2x2 canvas. It took roughly 30minutes for this outcome.
PFF
System Bot
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-20-2013 10:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Driver fender and hood done.
Will post pictures if I get a chance
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-21-2013 11:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
New pictures up.
87FieroSport

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-23-2013 01:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87FieroSportSend a Private Message to 87FieroSportEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The hood is done. But we are going in a different route with that.
Next up is the 1/4 panels, this might take time, I want to do custom side scoops on them, but then the paint needs to be applied and trying to figure out a mapping on how that should go isn't planned.

Took us a couple of hours to get them mounted and all, had to compliment DC4's lights.

Edit: Added another picture.

[This message has been edited by 87FieroSport (edited 12-23-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock