My Fiero story by jc8367
Started on: 12-11-2013 04:53 PM
Replies: 17 (567 views)
Last post by: jc8367 on 12-18-2013 11:55 AM
jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 04:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In 1990 I bought a sweet Red/Gry 88 GT T-Top Fiero with less the 20k miles on it. Such a fun car to drive I loved everything about it but remember the old saying, enjoy something while it lasts because it never does. In October 1996 I had to sell my Fiero to buy a more family friendly vehicle, something that could fit car seats ☺. I was heartbroken to say the least but I took the money, bought another car and moved on not knowing that my old car would live a good life: garage kept, well maintained and loved by its owner.
Over the years I’ve bought and sold many cars over the web, and even dabbled in dune buggies (love the Manx) but Tuesday before Thanksgiving 2013 I happen to see a car for sale online that looks just like my Fiero so I pulled out my old registration and what do you know…the VIN matches. The person who bought my car has had it all these years. I called the owner (not saying who I was) to setup a time to see the car. I showed up at his house 3 days later, re-introduced myself, showed him old pictures/registration I had including a picture of me, him and the car the day he picked it up back in 1996. He and his wife couldn’t believe I came back for the car, which looked sounded and drove the same.
So 17 years later, I bought my car back. I am the proud 2nd & 4th owner of #868 of #1252. Thank you Tom G from Long Island NY for taken care of my baby all these years.

https://jordanfiero.shutterfly.com/pictures/10

[This message has been edited by jc8367 (edited 12-11-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool story! Welcome back!

------------------
Jonathan

'68-69 GTO Nose - The Project has Begun!
My '85 L67 Build Thread

fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 05:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great story
Glad to see you got your Fiero back.
87_FieroGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 87_FieroGTSend a Private Message to 87_FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Terrific story! Congratulations on being reunited with your first love. You are blessed that you sold it to a good steward.

------------------

1987 Pontiac Fiero GT, Silver, 5 Speed - "Ariana"
2 Corinthians 5: 17

Doober

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DooberSend a Private Message to DooberEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is really cool to read! It's great to see stories like this where someone gets their car back in a cared-for condition. I'm a mod over on MalibuRacing.com, and someone posted a similar thread, he sold his Malibu back in '03, and recently was able to buy it again, I don't recall condition, etc. but I believe it was sans engine/trans (not so much of a biggie in an older rwd car of course).
yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 09:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Cool!
Indyellowgt

Feedback score:    (35)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 70
Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndyellowgtSend a Private Message to IndyellowgtEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Awesome........ I sold my 86 GT that I had owned for 17 years last summer in perfect condition.. watching it drive away,I honesty had to blink back the tears.. I know it sounds lame,but I guess some of us car guys that have so many fond memories of our cars just have trouble letting go..
I was unsure about selling it... Guess I wish I hadn't now.. I am sure I'll never see it again...
Great story Jordan. You are a lucky guy.
-Mark
fierogt28

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-11-2013 10:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogt28Send a Private Message to fierogt28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very interesting story !!

I like that when those this happen. Sorta reminds me, I bought a (3rd) motocross bike back in 1994.
That guy I bought it from happend to be the guy who bought my last (4th) bike in 2000.

Its also nice to see people back after so many years, just to buy motorized toy items.

Thanks for sharing... And a good ending.

Hang on to that T-Top GT. You'll be glad you did 20 years from now.
FieroTony

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroTonySend a Private Message to FieroTonyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great story of a long lost friend.

Gotta ask. How was the new purchase price compared to what you sold it for?
no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
#2 & #4, that's really unique! Thank you for sharing your story!
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thx for the replies. Its great to see there's still enthusiasm around the Fiero after all these years. As for the price I paid $1200 more than what I sold it for, and worth every penny.

PFF
System Bot
David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-12-2013 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good story! $70.59 per year storage & maintenance ($1200/17 years). Cheaper than storing it yourself...

[This message has been edited by David Hambleton (edited 12-12-2013).]

paced84

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-13-2013 11:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for paced84Send a Private Message to paced84Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Still looking for my 1987 GT (AKA) "Silver Bullit") hope to find it some day. yours a great story!

Ron T
Indy owner
Fiero Historian

------------------

signature by F-I-E-R-O (My Indy on right / #1 IMS)

Big Paul

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-14-2013 01:36 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Really cool story! It's crazy how you managed to find it again! These little cars are always full of surprises!

After reading how people always regret selling their Fieros/sports cars in general, I don't think I will ever get rid of mine. My dad had a 280z 2+2 when he met my mom and he sold it to buy a minivan... My GT was/is my first actual car that I owned, and we've been through too much together for me to ever consider selling it. It's been there for me through the ups and the downs. After a bad break up it would always manage to put a smile on my face. Not to mention, It's a great wingman as well! Even after owning it for 4 years I am still always chomping at the bit for any chance to drive it. Lots of times I will just cruise around town going nowhere in particular. It's truly become more than just a car to me.
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I hope you find her Ron, don't give up.
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 09:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

jc8367

277 posts
Member since Nov 2013
"more than just a car". I couldn't agree more Paul
Kitskaboodle

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 12:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KitskaboodleSend a Private Message to KitskaboodleEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like the Fiero acorn didn;t fall far from the tree.
On another note....you like Myer's Manx, eh?
I have some Manx trivia for you: What does Myer's Manx and Malcom Bricklin have in common?
Answer: Manx was contracted to build one of the first Bricklin prototypes!
Kit
jc8367

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-18-2013 11:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good piece of history, I never knew.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock