Where is everybody? by fierobug
Started on: 12-10-2013 03:14 PM
Replies: 25 (635 views)
Last post by: Boostdreamer on 12-17-2013 02:21 PM
fierobug

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 03:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to have a U.S. map or state maps of members and their general location? Something that points out a members location and their avatar? I think it would be neat to see where the most members live. Kind of like when you see planes all jammed in one area on a map. Like when you mapit to go somewhere and it pops crap all over the place. Maybe its a crazy idea but I thought it might be fun to know that so and so is out in timbucktoo and would like to know where anybody else is around him. When traveling could stop by and say hello. Probably too complicated. Just thought it might help the members feel better connected.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 03:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We did this once, a few years ago - we all edited a pic of a map of the US, and when we connected the dots, the resulting picture was a notchback Fiero! o.O!

ok, that's not true. it was a mess of dots.

Sounds like a neat idea. If no one comes up with a solution, I'll make something for us to use after the holidays.

[This message has been edited by TheDigitalAlchemist (edited 12-10-2013).]

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 05:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That would be great! Happy Holidays everybody!
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am sure google maps has something that works. I thought I have seem something like that before but cant remember what they called it.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

Gokart Mozart

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 06:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
dsfgsdfg
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-15-2013 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierobug

276 posts
Member since Nov 2010
Testing avatar
SoCal Jim

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SoCal JimSend a Private Message to SoCal JimEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sometimes, I feel like a Dot.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 11:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SoCal Jim:

Sometimes, I feel like a Dot.

Sounded like you were maybe down or feeling insignificant, I looked for some quotes relating to dots, thought these were kind of neat. Take them as relating to life.

"(As an actor and an audience member,) it's important to remember that the future will further define the meaning of the present (with a show like 'Once Upon A Time.') Sometimes we're just collecting dots, and other times we're connecting them, but you know that the dots that are collected will eventually get connected."
Michael Raymond-James

"In one sentence, I'd describe myself as indescribable. But, I wouldn't end it with a period. I'd end it with three dots."
Jason Schwartzman

Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierobug:

Is it possible to have a U.S. map or state maps of members and their general location?

Just thought it might help the members feel better connected.

Oh yeah, this gives all the non-American members of PFF a real warm fuzzy feeling.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 01:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry about the U.S. map idea. Didn't mean to offend anyone not American. I see now this has all been done anyways.

[This message has been edited by fierobug (edited 12-16-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 02:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You were really heart-broken there, eh Patrick?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 02:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Didn't mean to offend anyone not American.

Your suggestion didn't "offend" me.

When I read (or hear) things like what you suggested, I just shake my head and wonder how so many Americans can be so totally oblivious to the rest of the planet.

I know it might come somewhat as a shock, but there's a whole world outside your borders... with people and cars and everything!

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 03:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nah I've seen yur guys movies, plus you gave us ham on pizza, and the band Triumph. You guys are keepers.

yellowstone

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 250
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 03:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for yellowstoneSend a Private Message to yellowstoneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

http://www.mapservices.org/...stmap/map/FieroForum

Wow, that's old. I'm still listed in Germany...
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Nah I've seen yur guys movies, plus you gave us ham on pizza, and the band Triumph. You guys are keepers.

Heh heh... well, I was referring to more countries than just Canada.

I'm sure the OP didn't mean any harm... but geezus Louise, when you consider that the forum itself is based in Holland, and there are members of PFF living around the world, how would plotting locations on a map of the US "help make the members feel better connected"?

Is it possible to have a U.S. map or state maps of members and their general location?

Just thought it might help the members feel better connected.

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 05:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well the heart was in the right place at least, lets not be too hard on the newbies.. Maybe an upgrade to international would come later, or .. the merging of the maps, or something, anyway our dots would have little stars and stripes and yours would have a maple leaf.
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 05:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Technically, Canadians are Americans and so are Mexicans. They are North Americans. We are just the United States of America.
Custom2M4

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Custom2M4Send a Private Message to Custom2M4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess I would not be part of this map either.. I thought the thread was where are we.. Oh how the fiero has spread to thiland! Nope. Instead, holy there's fieros in Florida!

Just giving you a hard time.

------------------

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-16-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Technically, Canadians are Americans and so are Mexicans. They are North Americans.

Don't forget the Americans down south... and I'm not referring to Dixie.

Central and South America.

fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 04:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Is it possible to have a universe map or planetary maps of members and their general location? Something that points out a members location and their avatar? I think it would be neat to see where the most members live. Kind of like when you see planes and spaceships all jammed in one area on a map. Like when you mapit to go somewhere and it pops crap all over the place. Maybe its a crazy idea but I thought it might be fun to know that so and so is on the moon and would like to know where anybody else is around him. When traveling could stop by and say hello. Probably too complicated. Just thought it might help the members feel better connected.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
not with big brother around these days But I can say this, theirs a lot of us in pa

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 09:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You know what would be handy, a map with trusted Fiero mechanics!
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post12-17-2013 10:37 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

You know what would be handy, a map with trusted Fiero mechanics!

Judging from all the "got screwed over by XXX" threads on here, that's an easy one! It's the default view on any map site.
fierobug

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 01:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierobugSend a Private Message to fierobugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That is what is really needed. A map for trusted mechanics. I don't have a mechanic currently and its hard to find one to work on a fiero that doesn't charge an arm and a leg.

------------------
FIEROBUG!!!!!!!!!!

Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post12-17-2013 02:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My air conditioning guy is good. Brown's Auto and Air Conditioning. Kingsport, TN 37660

Jonathan

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock