New Member by Earnie_B
Started on: 12-08-2013 07:52 PM
Replies: 10 (222 views)
Last post by: Cajun on 12-10-2013 11:09 PM
Earnie_B

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earnie_BSend a Private Message to Earnie_BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hello all and first let me thank you for all the information on this forum. I'm in Southeast Missouri (the Bootheel) and I just purchased a 1986 GT. If there is a limit to the amount of searches you can do I'm sure I'm almost there. I can't post pictures but the car came from PaulV and is still listed on his website. http://paulvargyas.com/Fierosforsale.htm
So far I've replaced the radio, speakers, clutch master and slave, shocks & struts and if the weather cooperates tomorrow I'll be replacing the tires & wheels. I've ordered all the parts to do the Seville caliper swap (again thank you forum for the info) and new dew wipes. My goal is both a dependable and fun car with the emphasis on fun.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Grantman

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GrantmanSend a Private Message to GrantmanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
way to dive in! more searches the better. there's been a recent thread running on age of members and whether younger folks are coming aboard. are you a younger or older member of society?

------------------
1986 Fiero GT Fastback 3.4Lpr with 4T60
1979 Naked Honda Goldwing - sold
1983 Honda Goldwing 1100 Interstate

Earnie_B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earnie_BSend a Private Message to Earnie_BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
63 and semi-retired. I go to work everyday but I don't work every day.
Earnie_B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 08:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Earnie_BSend a Private Message to Earnie_BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Earnie_B

8 posts
Member since Dec 2013
63 and semi-retired. I go to work everyday but I don't work every day.
notwohorns

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for notwohornsSend a Private Message to notwohornsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm 66 and welcome to the madness. I hope you have a much fun with yours and i am having with mine. I overhauled it completely from bumper to bumper, inside and out. I finished it just in time for the 30th annivesary. Keep the wrenches turning
woodyhere

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome! I'm 67 and have had my baby since new in late 86. You have done a lot of things in short order. Have fun with your Fiero.

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome... look forward to seeing updates of progress on your car..

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 07:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome. You are not to far away from me. Maybe we can get together sometime.

------------------

Earnie_B

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 08:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Earnie_BSend a Private Message to Earnie_BEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks to all for the welcome. For the record, the things done so far, with the exception of the radio - I know it's only Rock & Roll but I like it - were things I felt were necessities. The tire & wheel thing was supposed to be later but it needed tires and I couldn't see putting new tires on wheels that were going to be replaced later. The car had the GA brake conversion already and I was uncomfortable not having a parking brake. It now goes into gear and shifts like butter - thank you Rodney Dickman. I had (underline had) a cash stash set aside to purchase the car and do repairs and upgrades. At this point the repairs are winning but hopefully by spring the stash will be built up again and the madness can begin. I forgot, I splurged on a console tray when I ordered the dew wipes - both were on sale.
On a side note, it's really hard to drive this car without grinning.
Trust one

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Trust oneSend a Private Message to Trust oneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Welcome aboard I am 52 and i have a red 88 formula its my second fiero and the best.I am 52 i work full time in Health Care here in Canada,But i do not have a stash of cash wish i did oh well as long as i have some money to put gas in the tank i am happy.Have a merry Christmas.
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-10-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum and dare I say the madness! I'm 66 and have a '86 Red GT. The GT is currently under going several mods (replacing most front and rear lights to LEDs., updating electrical system, and installing a HUD unit.). Hope to complete the mods by spring.

Enjoy your new ride as much as I enjoy mine.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock