Started on: 12-06-2013 01:19 PM
Replies: 13 (999 views)
Last post by: rogergarrison on 12-09-2013 11:13 AM
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Lots of people complain about the plastic car show trophies so what other kinds of trophies or awards have you are you received that you find to be pretty unique? My favorite

A couple of others

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Collection of 22 and hopefully still going to grow.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
2003 PT Dream Cruser #1801 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 01:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a plaque from Carlisle for 1st place custom notchback... I don't think I deserved it though.
mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE / 3800 s/c
Fieros For Sale

California Kid

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 06:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
One Car Show I entered also requested Vietnam Vets to fill out a separate registration form. That form contained basic question like, Service Number, War Time Assigned Stations, Awards, etc. At the end of Show, midway through the Awards Presentation, the announced that they would be awarding Trophies to 4 Vietnam Vets, one for each branch of Service, to Honor them for their War Service. This by far is the most "Unique" Car Show Trophy that I've presented with, and also the first time I've cried at a Car Show (The crowd was unbelievable in their praise of the Vets):

While I have a lot of Car Show Trophies for the "California Kid", this one to me is unique as it takes into consideration the person behind the car.

------------------

Car History: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/025670.html

DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mrfred8:

That's a nice one
DL10

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

DL10

2350 posts
Member since Jun 2000

Originally posted by California Kid:

One Car Show I entered also requested Vietnam Vets to fill out a separate registration form. That form contained basic question like, Service Number, War Time Assigned Stations, Awards, etc. At the end of Show, midway through the Awards Presentation, the announced that they would be awarding Trophies to 4 Vietnam Vets, one for each branch of Service, to Honor them for their War Service. This by far is the most "Unique" Car Show Trophy that I've presented with, and also the first time I've cried at a Car Show (The crowd was unbelievable in their praise of the Vets):

Another really nice award... Though not really for your car it did come from a car show. Did the kid win one that day too?

While I have a lot of Car Show Trophies for the "California Kid", this one to me is unique as it takes into consideration the person behind the car.

California Kid

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 274
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for California KidSend a Private Message to California KidEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did the kid win one that day too?

1st Place "Modified Street Machine 1985-1995"

To me the two Trophies kind of melt together, in my area there are quite a few Vets that show cars, and detail of these cars is amazing. I think this has a lot to do with Military Background, where attention to detail was part of your training, and to put your best effort forward.

[This message has been edited by California Kid (edited 12-06-2013).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 01:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some pretty cool ideas, and unique trophies in most of the posts above. This is what we have been struggling with for the Daytona Show 2014. Coming up with something unique, interesting, and not just another gold statue on top of a wooden stick kinda thing hehe.

I have to say, I think we have it nailed it, thanks to something that rrpo found This trophy is unlike any other trophy that I have seen at least. Sorry, can't let the cat out of the bag yet, but it is 100% Fiero related, and something anyone would definitely want to show off! Oh, and each one is completely handmade by an artist in the Southwest.....
Spoon

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 61
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 09:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SpoonSend a Private Message to SpoonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pontiackid86:

I have a plaque from Carlisle for 1st place custom notchback... I don't think I deserved it though.

Come on, you earned every bit of it!!!!

Spoon

------------------
"Kilgore Trout once wrote a short story which was a dialogue between two pieces of yeast. They were discussing the possible purposes of life as they ate sugar and suffocated in their own excrement. Because of their limited intelligence, they never came close to guessing that they were making champagne." - Kurt Vonnegut

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A couple I got from Wide Track Warrior car shows.
PFF
System Bot
FierOmar

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 12:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierOmarSend a Private Message to FierOmarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well... not really a car show, but the trophy is for our first place finish at the ChumpCar 24 hour race at Buttonwillow Raceway in April, 2013. I suppose in some sense we showed the rest of the competitors the back side of our car.

------------------
FierOmar

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 09:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by FierOmar:

Well... not really a car show, but the trophy is for our first place finish at the ChumpCar 24 hour race at Buttonwillow Raceway in April, 2013. I suppose in some sense we showed the rest of the competitors the back side of our car.

Thats awesome! Pretty big, you'd need a bit of space if you won every year
Hand made, welded, carved, things out of car parts are cool.
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post12-09-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Everyone used to like the 'gas pump' ones when they came out. Ive got hundreds myself. Some interesting ones are clocks, ceramic pumpkins (Halloween show), etched glass plaques, glass bell (city show famous for glassware), die cast vehicle (fire truck for a fire dept show).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock