If I make too nice, she will want it. by cmechmann
Started on: 12-04-2013 09:45 PM
Replies: 11 (461 views)
Last post by: hookdonspeed on 12-08-2013 01:17 PM
cmechmann

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 09:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every time that I spend a lot of effort on something, the wife wants it too.
Way back she had a Camaro, then I got an old S10 pickup and she wanted a Blazer.
Then I got a still older than her's but newer Blazer with a little better cosmetics and she wanted something better.
I had spent some time screwing around with some older PA equipment, then I had to give her a Yamaha Natural sound amp that I bought for a dollar and repaired to keep her from complaining. She wasn't happy with the Technics amp I bought her(new) a few years before.
When I finally got the Fiero, she whined to may sure I got an automatic so she could drive it. She don't like it. No power steering .
I have been piecing together a 3800/4t60e swap and looking at some cosmetic options later. Mind you this is with little money I have. Making a lot of my own stuff/fixing underwanted stuff.
I'm afraid after I finish the swap and paint the thing, she is going to want it.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by cmechmann:

Every time that I spend a lot of effort on something, the wife wants it too.
Way back she had a Camaro, then I got an old S10 pickup and she wanted a Blazer.
Then I got a still older than her's but newer Blazer with a little better cosmetics and she wanted something better.
I had spent some time screwing around with some older PA equipment, then I had to give her a Yamaha Natural sound amp that I bought for a dollar and repaired to keep her from complaining. She wasn't happy with the Technics amp I bought her(new) a few years before.
When I finally got the Fiero, she whined to may sure I got an automatic so she could drive it. She don't like it. No power steering .
I have been piecing together a 3800/4t60e swap and looking at some cosmetic options later. Mind you this is with little money I have. Making a lot of my own stuff/fixing underwanted stuff.
I'm afraid after I finish the swap and paint the thing, she is going to want it.

If she likes the fiero shes a keeper.... just watch out for the decision between her and the fiero... my ex learned this the hard way I love fieros

Blacktree

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 350
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BlacktreeClick Here to visit Blacktree's HomePageSend a Private Message to BlacktreeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Remove the radio and the A/C from the Fiero. The wife won't want it anymore.
goatvenom

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 08:18 AM Click Here to See the Profile for goatvenomSend a Private Message to goatvenomEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
when my wife wants to take a ride in my fiero i usually fill the tires just to 35 or so so it is like riding on a rock with wheels, before that she wanted me to buy and build her one too. after that really rough ride and having no power steering she opted to keep her sebring but she would rather me to fix it first.
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 08:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife had a Fiero long before we met. She doesn't even want to ride in mine.
woodyhere

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for woodyhereSend a Private Message to woodyhereEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got my wife to ride in my Fiero ONCE. I don't think it's her kind of car. She thinks her Subaru Legacy is a powerful car..........LOL

Woody

------------------
woodys 427

Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 11:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You just need to make sure your car it just powerfull enough to make her scared to drive it

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 08:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That may not be a bad scenario though. Some people got it worse. At least shes not saying "get this thing out of here I hate it" or whining about money or time spent on it.
If it stays in the family and you can still drive it, bonus. My wife and I share stuff. She did get into Fieros after I did. We each have one now.
..otherwise paint it flat black and make it loud, she likley wont want it

[This message has been edited by 2.5 (edited 12-06-2013).]

hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-06-2013 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
ohh, a local guy, what part of bmore you in?
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You guys let your wife drive your car?
She has never drove any of mine. I have tried but she doesn't like to drive standard cars and my current Fiero scares the crap out of her.

That said if I found a nice notch back with an automatic transmission that the ac worked in I would think hard about buying her one.
First thing she would want is for me to cut the top off
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-07-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
She'll never stop complaining about the t/m spent on it. She keeps asking if there is a power steering option. She just don't believe they didn't make one. And I'm not about to rig one up for her. I'll let her believe that it still steers hard after you get it out of the parking spot. That should work for a while.
After I finish the mechanical stuff I want to do, I don't know if I keep it as fugly as it is.
Hook you PMed me on the Baltimoron question before in the Maryland roll call post. Just off 28th street.
PFF
System Bot
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post12-08-2013 01:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
oooo ok, I remember now, sorry, was a while ago :P

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock