Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Cliff There seems to be a problem with the forum Database?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Cliff There seems to be a problem with the forum Database? by JohnWPB
Started on: 12-03-2013 12:11 AM
Replies: 7 (405 views)
Last post by: kwagner on 12-05-2013 01:44 PM
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was browsing the forum tonight, and noticed a few oddities. I use FierFox as my main browser, but loaded the forum up in Chrome and it did the exact same thing. I have no idea what it looks like in InternetExplorer, as I removed it from my system. Hopefully it is something simple and localized.

Here are a couple of screen shots from the GeoCoin thread.

Firefox:

Chrome:

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 03:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
No, that's a known bug (at least to me it is) of my forum software. It happens "when certain conditions are met". Just never got around fixing it (since it happens so rarely).
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 04:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Whats up with the secret button? I have wondered for years.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok, just thought I would let ya know when I saw it. Guess you can go ahead and delete this thread now, if you wish, it served its purpose, case closed so to speak.
kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 07:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

Whats up with the secret button? I have wondered for years.

It's one way to format the page so there's a minimum spacing for the buttons to the right of it. Make your browser window smaller and notice that at some point the buttons stop moving left. Instead of just leaving it a blank image, there's a link tag wrapped around it. That, or it used to be a banner that's since been replaced with a blank image.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-03-2013 02:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by kwagner:

That, or it used to be a banner that's since been replaced with a blank image.

Exactly. It's actually a spot where I can place a banner but since I never wanted a banner on the main forum page, it just displays an empty image.
pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 12:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

Exactly. It's actually a spot where I can place a banner but since I never wanted a banner on the main forum page, it just displays an empty image.

If an empty image wasn't invisible what would it look like?

kwagner

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post12-05-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for kwagnerClick Here to visit kwagner's HomePageSend a Private Message to kwagnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:

If an empty image wasn't invisible what would it look like?

I assume you're asking something like this?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock