Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How people get here (Or: The strangest keywords for finding PFF)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How people get here (Or: The strangest keywords for finding PFF) by Cliff Pennock
Started on: 12-01-2013 08:59 PM
Replies: 24 (740 views)
Last post by: Dave E Bouy on 04-30-2014 09:57 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 699
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 08:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not so long ago, I signed up for the Google Webmaster Tools page for PFF just out of curiosity. It creates all kinds of reports that can help you increase your site's visibility in Google (Search). One of those reports is a list of most common search queries that leads people to your site.

Now, it wasn't all too surprising to see that when people search for "Fiero", the average position of PFF in the search results is 3.0. I was equally not surprised that when people search for "pennocks", PFF's average position is 1.1.

But a few other did surprise me. Here's my top 10 of strange search queries that lead to PFF:

10. "free autocheck" (avg. pos: 2.9) - You would think that with such a generic query, thousands of other sites would pop up before PFF. Oddly enough, PFF is usually listed in the top three search results.

9. "alternator diode" (avg. pos: 4.1) - Again, it surprises me that a thread on PFF is considered more relevant to alternator diodes than, say, a wiki page explaining how alternator diodes work...

8. "did the titanic really sink" (avg. pos: 5.1) - Yes, we all know PFF is a great place to discuss your conspiracy theories. But a page one ranking higher than pages on sites like "Science Illustrated" and "Wikipedia" with articles on the subject? Wow.

7. "lawsuit paid in full: samsung pays apple $1 billion sending 30 trucks full of 5 cent coins" (avg. pos: 8.9). Ok, it's not really the fact a thread on PFF shows up when you search for this sentence that surprised me, but the fact that in the past month over 1,300 people searched for that exact phrase...

6. "is brake checking illegal" (avg. pos: 3.6) - At least this one is car related.

5. "110v to 12v" (avg. pos: 8.0) - With tons and tons of (electronics) sites out there discussing how to build 110v to 12v circuits, and thousands of eBay sellers selling 110v to 12V adapters, PFF is in the first page of the search results when you search for this.

4. "hillbilly motor swap" (avg. pos: 1.0) - 160,000 results and PFF comes up as the number one search results...

3. "limewire alternative 2013" (avg. pos: 1.8) - Apparently, thousands of people looking for a limewire alternative end up here, on PFF.

2. "is seth gold gay" (avg. pos: 6.3) - I don't know who Seth Gold is, but apparently if people want to know if he's gay or not, they find their answer on PFF.

And the number 1 strangest keywords for finding PFF:

1. "miss canada camel toe" (avg. pos: 6.9) - Seriously. This is on the first page of Google Webmaster Tools' list of keywords how people find PFF. And it has a CTR (Click Through Rate) of 30%. So one out of three people searching for this lady, end up on PFF.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

1. "miss canada camel toe" (avg. pos: 6.9) - Seriously. This is on the first page of Google Webmaster Tools' list of keywords how people find PFF. And it has a CTR (Click Through Rate) of 30%. So one out of three people searching for this lady, end up on PFF.

Wow I was not aware that this was such a big problem in Canada.
Thank you for bringing it to my attention.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That list was very entertaining, but the #1 item was definitely a highlight for some odd reason. Brb gotta hit the bathroom for a little bit
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
On the first page of search results, too. Heh...

[This message has been edited by ShockWave (edited 12-01-2013).]

Jefrysuko

Feedback score:    (17)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JefrysukoSend a Private Message to JefrysukoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
How many people get to PFF looking for info on how to correct the scaling on their printer or the latest train routes?
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 09:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
LOL! Some of those are pretty funny.

Seth Gold is one of the stars on Hardcore Pawn. A Reality show here. Its a pretty good show (to me).
VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 10:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by craigsfiero2007:

Seth Gold is one of the stars on Hardcore Pawn. A Reality show here. Its a pretty good show (to me).

What the world really dos not care about is, is he really gay?

VikingRedBaron

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 10:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

VikingRedBaron

879 posts
Member since Nov 2009
I have the same Resource for my site www.vikingsnowmobile.com and it is funny to see what search is used to get to my site.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post12-01-2013 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Pff is currently the first result for the camel toe picture. Ha
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Renaming my car "Miss Canadas Camel Toe" and my build thread will be "Hillbilly Motor Swap"
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 01:42 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Not so long ago, I signed up for the Google Webmaste

I'm sensing the need for a new section.
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 02:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I laughed hysterically...
Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 03:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jake_Dragon:

Wow I was not aware that this was such a big problem in Canada.

"Problem"? Get with the program, Jake... it's a blessing!
mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 03:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is hilarious. I googled "free autocheck" and the PFF thread was the 2nd result listed. Haha.

Cheever3000

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 178
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 04:12 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cheever3000Send a Private Message to Cheever3000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We can now replace "Who is John Galt?" with "Who is Seth Gold?"
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 08:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That IS an odd list for sure - mostly OT threads too.

Our club website is #2 when looking for - Fiero Club - but no PFF.

It probably wouldn't hurt to add them to PFF's keyword list.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

Lambo nut

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 262
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Lambo nutSend a Private Message to Lambo nutEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wouldn't Miss Canada have a "Moose toe"?

Kevin
RWDPLZ

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 304
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 12:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RWDPLZClick Here to visit RWDPLZ's HomePageSend a Private Message to RWDPLZEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

4. "hillbilly motor swap" (avg. pos: 1.0) - 160,000 results and PFF comes up as the number one search results...

We are the experts on this subject
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 03:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Kevin

No, God no what is wrong with you.
Gokart Mozart

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 159
Rate this member

Report this Post12-02-2013 05:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gokart MozartClick Here to visit Gokart Mozart's HomePageSend a Private Message to Gokart MozartEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Lambo nut:

Kevin

It's moose knuckle
fastblack

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post12-04-2013 01:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fastblackSend a Private Message to fastblackEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Gokart Mozart:

It's moose knuckle

LOL Not sure why, but I find that picture hilarious. Maybe it's late and I should go to bed.
PFF
System Bot
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 09:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oh god...I so need to bring this one back to life!!!!
jediperk

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jediperkSend a Private Message to jediperkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Jason,
Thanks for bringing this thread back to life. That was freakin' hilarious! This Forum is truly like no other.
Jason88Notchie

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-29-2014 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jason88NotchieSend a Private Message to Jason88NotchieEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
just looking at the stuff I missed over the last few years.
Dave E Bouy

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-30-2014 09:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Dave E BouySend a Private Message to Dave E BouyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Miss Canada is apparently a yoyo smuggler.......

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock