Replacing fuel gauge by Charles Schutty
Started on: 11-20-2013 04:30 AM
Replies: 3 (157 views)
Last post by: Charles Schutty on 11-20-2013 12:35 PM
Charles Schutty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 04:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Charles SchuttySend a Private Message to Charles SchuttyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone know how many screws go through the circuit board for the Instrument litghts into the frame that holds the instrument lens. I can see throught the windshield there are two on top. Can't see lower than that. Help please
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
1MohrFiero

Feedback score:    (37)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 157
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 07:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 1MohrFieroSend a Private Message to 1MohrFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I always take the instrument pod out of the car. It is just a couple of connections and about four bolts IIRC. Much easier to work on the delicate parts after that.

------------------

css9450

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 07:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for css9450Send a Private Message to css9450Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, the rear cover comes off with 2-3 screws and then there are 3 (I think) 10mm bolts down in the deep "valley" between the cluster and the dash. Then a couple more bolts and a few more screws below the cluster. It also helps to remove the light switch, dimmer switch, trunk release switch and defroster switch (if your car has them) and unplug them from the harness. Eventually you'll have to unplug the cluster itself from the harness and then the cluster and its surround will all come out together.

Separate the two halves of the cluster, and then the individual gauges themselves are screwed in with little hex screws. 5.5mm hex if I remember right.

Charles Schutty

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 12:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Charles SchuttySend a Private Message to Charles SchuttyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know sure as hell I'll break the elect conn on the Headlite switches so I won't even try to unplug those connectors. There are some God awful looking heavy metal safety clips on those connectors. If necessay I'll cut those wires and solder them back when I re-install. My efficiency rate in separating any elect connectors is in the area of 12 percent. These look downright threatening. I have a hell of a time doing it. I don't yet see where it is completely necessary to remove the entire dash from the car. Only two screws hold the 'temp/fuel' cluster in the frame and there are 4 elect studs on the back of the gauges. I see two small hex studs holding the bulb circuit board to the 'frame'. There must be studs #'s 3 & 4 lower down on the back of the bulb board. I hope.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock