Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  How is Auto Parts Warehouse? (Canadian site below.) Who are your favourite suppliers?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
How is Auto Parts Warehouse? (Canadian site below.) Who are your favourite suppliers? by David Hambleton
Started on: 11-17-2013 09:02 PM
Replies: 8 (254 views)
Last post by: David Hambleton on 11-23-2013 05:21 PM
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 09:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The website claims there are no additional charges after checkout; a common problem for Canadians (particularly with UPS).

http://canada.autopartswarehouse.com/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
ltlfrari

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 127
Rate this member

Report this Post11-17-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ltlfrariClick Here to visit ltlfrari's HomePageSend a Private Message to ltlfrariEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fiero store and Rock Auto cover most of my needs here in the US.

------------------
Anything I might say is probably worth what you paid for it, so treat it accordingly!

Dave

www.ltlfrari.com

no2pencil

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 10:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for no2pencilSend a Private Message to no2pencilEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I believe that Jeremy from The Fiero Factory was planning on implementing a shopping cart on the website. You could probably call for parts.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 11:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

The website claims there are no additional charges after checkout; a common problem for Canadians (particularly with UPS).

http://canada.autopartswarehouse.com/

Yup - can be done. I haven't dealt with them, but if the shipment TO YOU doesn't cross the US/Canada border there's no brokerage/duties etc.
They either have a Canadian warehouse of parts, or they have the parts shipped to them (they handle the border stuff) then reship to you.

In any event, the price will be higher because these extra costs will be added in.

2.8 V6 distributor - A1 Cardone "select"
Parts Warehouse is $100.14
Rock Auto is $81.14

But in the long run, it's still cheaper because UPS would charge (in addition to shipping) a $40 brokerage fee to collect the $5 GST on the one from Rock Auto.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-20-2013).]

timcha

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 10:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for timchaSend a Private Message to timchaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto is my favorite by FAR! Great prices, lightning fast shipping, and excellent service.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-20-2013 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I don't think the original post was for people to post their favorite parts places for people in the US. He is clearly looking for better pricing and reliability for shipping to Canada after reading the post.

Sure Rock Auto is great, and I use them myself being in the US.

However that $81 Distributor shipped to the US would cost around maybe $90 ~ $95. The same part, with brokerage fee's and shipping and all the other add on's would be around roughly $150 shipped to Canada. So if YOU lived in Canada, would Rock Auto still be your favorite place to shop?

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-20-2013).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-21-2013 12:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rock Auto seems to be a favourite supplier. I'm going to ask them if they can ship USPS like The Fiero Store.
Whenever I've rec'd packages from The Fiero Store using USPS to Canada Post I've never had additional charges.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 10:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by David Hambleton:

Rock Auto seems to be a favourite supplier. I'm going to ask them if they can ship USPS like The Fiero Store.
Whenever I've rec'd packages from The Fiero Store using USPS to Canada Post I've never had additional charges.

I don't think USPS is on the list when you select how you want it shipped. But you could phone I guess.

I've talked with other companies that don't offer shipping by USPS and they always say that the Post Office "always loses" the shipment.
Hard to believe. I've never had a shipment lost in the mail! It makes we wonder - are some Canadians lying that they never got their item??

This can easily be solved if they request "Signature on Delivery" - USPS/Canada Post can do that. That's proof of delivery.
Of course, there is no tracking - so then they get complaints if the receiver is impatient when it may take longer than 10 days.

[This message has been edited by fierosound (edited 11-23-2013).]

David Hambleton

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-23-2013 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Every shipment from The Fiero Store that I got via USPS & Canada Post was trackable online, & I picked it up at the local post office after they tried to deliver it & no one was home to sign for it. There were no additional charges.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock