Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I'd love to have a Fiero version of this desk...

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
I'd love to have a Fiero version of this desk... by TheDigitalAlchemist
Started on: 11-14-2013 11:59 AM
Replies: 16 (712 views)
Last post by: jscott1 on 11-18-2013 08:14 PM
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Either the nose (similiar to this one) or have the rear half, where the Decklid is the desktop (might need to get creative on the middle portion where yer feet go)
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 01:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your desk would catch fire.
hookdonspeed

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 131
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hookdonspeedClick Here to visit hookdonspeed's HomePageSend a Private Message to hookdonspeedEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

only if he used an 84.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 05:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

I just spit soda all over my monitor! ! LOL

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 06:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

I just spit soda all over my monitor! ! LOL

Duuhh. John the motor is in the back. !!!!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

sco77

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 07:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Duuhh. John the motor is in the back. !!!!!

Yeah but the fires happen in the front too!

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

Fiero84Freak

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 66
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 07:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero84FreakSend a Private Message to Fiero84FreakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by sco77:
Yeah but the fires happen in the front too!

Yep. Plenty that have suffered blower motor fires can affirm to that...
Jake_Dragon

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 403
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 08:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jake_DragonSend a Private Message to Jake_DragonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was thinking about doing something like that with the back end of a notch back before I junked it.
I think it would make a cool hutch/computer desk

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

A Fiero one with functioning flip ups, the underhood area could be storage.

Nice!
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would make a good wet bar or entertainment console, too.

Jonathan
CarverToo

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 01:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CarverTooSend a Private Message to CarverTooEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
RBS III ?
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

Would make a good wet bar or entertainment console, too.

Jonathan

Good idea.

Back of Gt.. Hood opens with Flat screen on it. PLus storage.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-16-2013 12:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by pokeyfiero:
Good idea.

Back of Gt.. Hood opens with Flat screen on it. PLus storage.

The only problem...have you ever brought car parts inside your house? They are deceptively huge. A Fiero front or rear end would be disproportionately huge compared to normal furniture. Okay if you have a huge open space like in the picture, but for normal sized homes not so much.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 02:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

The only problem...have you ever brought car parts inside your house? They are deceptively huge. A Fiero front or rear end would be disproportionately huge compared to normal furniture. Okay if you have a huge open space like in the picture, but for normal sized homes not so much.

True, Very True.

But it would be great on the back patio maybe a grill and ice chest.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But it would be great on the back patio maybe a grill ..........

Then it would be catching on fire all the time.

Okay, with that said, I would be concerned with insulating the skin panels so they don't REALLY catch on fire/melt.

[This message has been edited by n7vrz (edited 11-18-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

These things come apart, you know that right?

I take it you never heard of the college students who disassembled the deans car and reassembled it in his office?

If you want to do it I would use the front end, then put one of those plate glass desk top covers on top of the hood. of course you are going to have to level it on the hood. you don't need to bring the entire front end in, just the parts that make it look like its all there.

back when I restored my 76 Cobra II long before the idiotnet and you had to buy magazines and search for parts and make phone calls. Melanie found a new hood for it, had it shipped from Arizona to the house as a birthday present. it came UPS twice, the first one was bent in half, she refused it and called the place she got it from and they shipped another one. that one made it there just fine. When I got home from work it was stood up in the living room with a bow on it. and we were living in a condo at the time so its not like we had a big house or anything.

How can you not love a woman who does sh!t like that for you. I got a picture of it all done waiting for tires and rims someplace around here and one on the back of the top of my job box. I think one has Amanda sitting on the hood when she was just 2 years old, of it not sure what one is in my job box.

Steve
------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

[This message has been edited by 84fiero123 (edited 11-18-2013).]

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 08:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 84fiero123:

These things come apart, you know that right?

I take it you never heard of the college students who disassembled the deans car and reassembled it in his office?

If you want to do it I would use the front end, then put one of those plate glass desk top covers on top of the hood. of course you are going to have to level it on the hood. you don't need to bring the entire front end in, just the parts that make it look like its all there.
Steve

It's just an observation but every time I bring a body part into my living space I'm always surprised how much bigger they seem compared to being outside or even in the garage.

And I would have to see proof that anyone ever dis-assembled a car and re-assembled it inside the dean's office. That sounds like an urban legend or an episode of the Andy Griffith show. Neither cars of old or modern space frames easily submit to dis-assemblage.

Edit - It seems there is some evidence that people have actually performed this prank with the old VW bugs, with a few caveats... the cars were trashed to begin with, probably didn't have motors, and they weren't so much disassembled as body removed from frame and carried in by a group of strong guys.

http://www.relitech.com/prank.htm

You could take Fiero body panels and prop them up with duct tape and get the same effect a lot easier.

Not sure if anyone has ever taken the Dean's (or whoever's) car apart and reassembled it indoors in perfectly operating condition.

[This message has been edited by jscott1 (edited 11-18-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock