Vin check by WickedFieroGTP
Started on: 11-13-2013 10:34 PM
Replies: 7 (522 views)
Last post by: WickedFieroGTP on 11-15-2013 06:30 PM
WickedFieroGTP

Feedback score:    (44)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
1G2PG9795GP270883
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 10:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You really did not specify in any way what you wanted, so here is a good bit of information:

The car has a 3800 Supercharged engine swap.

INTERIOR: Power dark gray leather seats from a 2001 Trans Am (Power features are functional. New light gray carpet . New headliner Custom door panels to match seats. White gauges with adjustable color back-lighting (Adjusts from green to blue - Dial is under dash)Remote door locks with key fob. New speakers.Custom steering wheel EXTERIOR: New 17 inch American Racing wheels. New 17 inch tires. Lowering kit . Italian replica fiberglass nose. Italian replica fiberglass taillight panel. Custom side scoops. New sail panels . Entire car painted 2000 Corvette millenium yellow . All body panels were removed from the car for the paint job.

MECHANICAL :Complete custom stainless exhaust hand fabricated . Includes stainless glass-packs and stainless resonator tips. Re-sized supercharger pulley installed for mild boost gain. Full poly bushing kit Please contact with any questions. Please be advised that due to security concerns and potential fraud, we do not negotiate the purchase of a vehicle via e-mail. Call us to discuss an offer over the phone.

Here is the link to the Vin Check

Last registered:
04/13/2011 EFFINGHAM, IL Motor Vehicle Dept. REGISTRATION EVENT/RENEWAL

I do not know for how much, but the car sold at Mecum Auctions, Indianapolis, Indiana on May 18, 2013.
The car was recently for sale for an asking price of $10,950

Here are a couple photo's of the car:

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 11-14-2013).]

fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 12:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
That car used to belong to PFF member Kru (and if it still showing registered in Effingham, it hasn't been transferred out of his name).
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the replies. I am thinking about purchasing the vehicle but would like to know a little bit more about its history before I drop that kind of money. Speaking of money what is the general opinion about the 10,950 asking price? I spoke with the dealer and they would not budge off the price.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 06:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Kru purchased the car with the 3800 swap already completed. The PCM is in the trunk area and unless it has been cleaned up, there were several wires not used and just hanging out. The engine swap was supposedly done by a GM service tech. Kru had a good friend of mine in Mattoon do quite a bit of work to the car including full poly upgrade, lowering springs, new stainless steel exhaust - its loud and drones quite a bit, install the front bumper (I think the bumper is a Twins Lakes version), remove and prep all the panels for paint, and more. It was painted at a GM dealership in Effingham and then my friend reassembled it.

I haven't lived in IL in about 7 1/2 years and this car was done before I moved, so its likely been 8-9 years since all the work was done it it.

As for the price, Kru tried to sell it for 8K and didn't have much luck. So my guess its a 6K-7K car. It has had a lot of work done do it, but the engine bay still needs quite a bit of work to make it really nice and to command a higher price.

This thread has more details:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062483.html

[This message has been edited by fieroguru (edited 11-15-2013).]

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its nuts people wont buy that for 8k but will buy a new Kia.
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by 2.5:

Its nuts people wont buy that for 8k but will buy a new Kia.

So true. I still think 10-11k is high though.
WickedFieroGTP

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for WickedFieroGTPSend a Private Message to WickedFieroGTPEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

WickedFieroGTP

521 posts
Member since Jun 2013

Originally posted by fieroguru:

Kru purchased the car with the 3800 swap already completed. The PCM is in the trunk area and unless it has been cleaned up, there were several wires not used and just hanging out. The engine swap was supposedly done by a GM service tech. Kru had a good friend of mine in Mattoon do quite a bit of work to the car including full poly upgrade, lowering springs, new stainless steel exhaust - its loud and drones quite a bit, install the front bumper (I think the bumper is a Twins Lakes version), remove and prep all the panels for paint, and more. It was painted at a GM dealership in Effingham and then my friend reassembled it.

I haven't lived in IL in about 7 1/2 years and this car was done before I moved, so its likely been 8-9 years since all the work was done it it.

As for the price, Kru tried to sell it for 8K and didn't have much luck. So my guess its a 6K-7K car. It has had a lot of work done do it, but the engine bay still needs quite a bit of work to make it really nice and to command a higher price.

This thread has more details:
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/062483.html

Thanks for the info. Very informative and has helped me make my decision. So that leaves me in the market for a completed 3800sc swap. If anyone know of one out there please let me know.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock