Replies: 19 (887 views)
Last post by: exoticse on 11-18-2013 09:09 PM
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 04:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As you may have noticed, PFF was not (or hardly) reachable between 9:20pm - 9:47pm EST. This was due to some DDos attack directed at fiero.nl.

The attack originated from San Jose, CA. Since it was directed at fiero.nl specifically, my guess is that it was coming from some disgruntled ex-member.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
AusFiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 06:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Some low lifes seem to have nothing better to do with their lives.
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed a significant degradation of service at that time, so... I went out to the barn & did some more work on the engine swap. Then I wondered - what would Fiero aficionados do if PFF disappeared? Wow! That would be a catastroFi-ero!
Kudos to Cliff for keeping the site running!
Bloozberry

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post11-11-2013 12:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I couldn't log on at all during for a time there last evening... I'd just get a message saying "Searching for fiero.nl". I have no doubt that karma (or another hacker) will catch up with whomever was responsible.
jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 01:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Cliff Pennock:

As you may have noticed, PFF was not (or hardly) reachable between 9:20pm - 9:47pm EST. This was due to some DDos attack directed at fiero.nl.

The attack originated from San Jose, CA. Since it was directed at fiero.nl specifically, my guess is that it was coming from some disgruntled ex-member.

Did Shaun move to Cali? I didn't hear the collective sounds of joy and happiness coming from Florida so I'm not convinced.
Cliff Pennock
Administrator

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 698
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 06:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Cliff PennockClick Here to visit Cliff Pennock's HomePageSend a Private Message to Cliff PennockEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Did Shaun move to Cali? I didn't hear the collective sounds of joy and happiness coming from Florida so I'm not convinced.

What makes you think it's him? I don't have any clue who this might have been, nor do I suspect anyone (nor do I care, really). I don't know who lives in CA nor do I know who lives in Florida.

The attack came from a single IP address and the fact a single IP address could bring the forum to its knees is more my fault than anything else. This was an attack that could be warded off easily if I had the proper software installed. The problem is, I just don't want to install a cr@pload of software just to ward off the occasional attack from someone who is just after the bragging rights.
SuperchargedV6

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 175
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 10:35 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SuperchargedV6Send a Private Message to SuperchargedV6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
WhiteDevill88 is the one who comes to mind and he is from California. The dealings I had with him early on proved he was not one to take any criticism when he was being a Arse. He always had to dig at you or get personal when he was wrong. Him being banned not long ago has me wondering because he cannot not attack anyone. He was banned two times if not more correct?
TK

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 200
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TKSend a Private Message to TKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by SuperchargedV6:

WhiteDevill88 is the one who comes to mind and he is from California. The dealings I had with him early on proved he was not one to take any criticism when he was being a Arse. He always had to dig at you or get personal when he was wrong. Him being banned not long ago has me wondering because he cannot not attack anyone. He was banned two times if not more correct?

Well, there are 36 million people in California, 8 million in the Bay Area and he's not from the "Bay Area" but farther south. For all of the reasons Cliff already knows, I seriously doubt it was him. He's just the go-to boogie man now-a-days.

[This message has been edited by TK (edited 11-13-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 12:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Ooo OOOO!! Can we start another witch hunt please please?

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 11-14-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

carbon

4767 posts
Member since Apr 2004

Originally posted by jscott1:

Oh good... you invoked his name. Now he'll have something else to post in RFT vs. Teh World... he searches for references to him, sees Cliff post about something he could have done better and gets to go off on one of his little giggle fests about the ineptitude at PFF.

Just keep stokin'....
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:
.......... Now he'll have something else to post in RFT vs. Teh World...

Well we sure wont be able to read his little fit .... that section is now MEMBERS ONLY ha ha ha probably got his undies in a knot again lololol and very happy they locked it up !!!

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 08:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:
...that section is now MEMBERS ONLY

Really? That would seem to defeat the entire purpose of that section even existing.
How can we read all the sh!t that he posts, if it's locked down? He's running off his target audience. Whatever.

I've still got a password, someplace. Maybe I'll dig it up at some point.

Or not. It's waaay down the list of priorities.
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 08:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:
....... I've still got a password, someplace. Maybe I'll dig it up at some point.

.... not even worth diggin up

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 11-13-2013).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 08:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

.... not even worth diggin up

There's a lot of good info in the tech section over there regardless of your personal feelings. Ignore it if you like.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post11-14-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Really? That would seem to defeat the entire purpose of that section even existing.
How can we read all the sh!t that he posts, if it's locked down? He's running off his target audience. Whatever.

I've still got a password, someplace. Maybe I'll dig it up at some point.

Or not. It's waaay down the list of priorities.

Shaun wasn't the one who locked it down for members only, one or more than one of the moderators did it so non members didn't see Shaun's rants. I think they are trying to make it a better site. I am a member who only joined to give Shaun a hard time, I had a bad screen name and did have a special avatar with text that I could not remove. After they locked down the RTF vs world I was asked if I would like to change my screen name to something else...... They also removed my special avatar, I have a new found respect for the moderators that made these changes.

Tony Kania

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 305
User Banned

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Tony KaniaSend a Private Message to Tony KaniaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too can attest to the quality of character the moderators at RFT have shown. Not going to dig up my dealings with them, but first class.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dave and Tony.... Thanks for that info. That really does make more sense.
I guess "someone" has kind of become that crazy aunt that everyone wants to keep locked in the back room.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar

40686 posts
Member since Oct 1999

Originally posted by carbon:
There's a lot of good info in the tech section over there regardless of your personal feelings. Ignore it if you like.

I'm certainly not discounting that. I've gotten some good info there.
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-15-2013 10:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the heads up, Cliff.
While we all go into withdrawal if the forum isn't up 99.999% of the time, we get over it. Thank you for all the work you put into managing the site.
exoticse

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 108
Rate this member

Report this Post11-18-2013 09:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for exoticseSend a Private Message to exoticseEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Is this happening again ??

Having trouble with PIP again.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock