Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  I got pulled over today; because of... (story) (Page 3)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
I got pulled over today; because of... (story) by AL87
Started on: 11-09-2013 06:01 PM
Replies: 90 (2209 views)
Last post by: Will on 11-13-2013 08:47 AM
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 01:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Wow and I thought I attracted unwanted police attention.

That was many many many moons ago back in my early 20's. Like I said though, I think it's because the inlaws were scum. Nowadays I get pulled over for the occasional "your blinker or tailight is out" but only once every 2+ years or so.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 11-12-2013).]

IP: Logged
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 03:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a pretty good you tube video goes for a while,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nQ_mFJV4I

[This message has been edited by Australian (edited 11-12-2013).]

hyperv6

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 07:15 AM Click Here to See the Profile for hyperv6Send a Private Message to hyperv6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Australian:

There is a pretty good you tube video goes for a while,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nQ_mFJV4I

Here is a better video that is much better addressing the Cops and idiots out there. It is a valuable option you can add to your car. In a Fiero trunk it may just get a little warmer but we could add a second to the front.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLV1ssUQHME

The fact is the cops have some idiots and the public is more then better stocked with idiots and neither group can choose who they get to deal with.
Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 12:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Boostdreamer:

It's not my story. I'm just trying to explain it for those who won't read. Wasn't directed toward you.

Jonathan

I understand. My point being that the difference doesn't matter. There may be some states that have laws that say as long as you get out of the car the police can't give you a traffic citation, but I doubt it.

Also, not directed at you - but the situation in general.
84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 04:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

First of all Calm the F**K down.

Second, I didn't say I had a problem other than I seem to attract a lot of attention from law enforcement. I drive as slow and conservative as humanly possible but we all know that many drivers push the limit and driving 55 mph when every body else is going 70+ mph is actually more dangerous. And I was not in a Fiero or anything fast looking but a Chevy Aveo. So go figure.

Third, I think I was in general agreement that the OP was creating more problems than necessary. I have the greatest respect for the cops and I know they have a hard job. I go out of my way to keep my car 100% legal (have a front tag although many in TX don't even though it's required), and all my lights work, etc.

So I don't know why you are coming off all aggressive on me? I'm sorry if I offended your delicate sensitivities. But my advice is that if the cops light you up, so pull over as soon as possible, lower window, turn off the radio, put hands on the wheel, and answer all questions, completely cooperating fully.

Now having said all that, I have more examples than I care to share about being followed by the police for no legitimate reason.

Not aggressive, just the way I am. I do drive over the speed limit myself, but when I get stopped I get stopped, I know I was in the wrong and act accordingly, this OP has a bug up his ass because he is a young kid and think he knows it all. that's what I got from hos original post anyway. if a cop puts his lights on, whether you are in your car or not you need to pay attention, driving, walking or whatever. being confrontational from the beginning is not going to get you anywhere, except maybe jail. he, the OP was lucky and you and I both know it.

you want examples of cops being worse I have them as well, as my wife says, I have a very colorful past. seen the other side of 150 and walked away without a ticket, but that was decades ago, back in the early 70s. have had cops put a gun to my head and stuffed me under the exhaust pipe of a running car and said if I moved I was dead, and that was a simple traffic stop for running a red light, and I wasn't even driving.

just saying the kid needs to lighten up.

Steve
Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Being a 19 year old male, I tend to get targeted a lot by police also. I have gotten pulled over a lot, but I haven't gotten a ticket in a while (two years) mainly because I try to have flawless driving.
Turn left, go into closest lane.
Signal every time I turn or switch lanes.
Changing lanes the correct distance from intersections.
Yield to pedestrians.
Come to COMPLETE stops.
Don't text and drive
Just things everyone should do.

But no matter what any reason a cop gets, he will pull me over.
Swerve to avoid a car: Cop tries to tell me I was street racing.
Headlight goes out: Cop pulls me over to make sure I haven't been drinking/doing drugs.
And my favorite: Get lost in a neighborhood trying to find a house with my friends: Cop pulls me over, calls for backup, takes all our information (4 people, wasn't in my Fiero), takes two of my friends out to question them. He had us stopped for roughly an hour. He comes back to the car and says, "Here's the thing guys, I smell weed and I know you have all been smoking" We were all sober and none of us even do drugs. He ended up letting us go. But it was very annoying.

[This message has been edited by Big Paul (edited 11-12-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 11:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

Turn left, go into closest lane.

That's a good idea. Not doing so out here will get you in an accident because people know it's the law and if you turn into the wrong lane and hit them, well it's your fault.

Big Paul

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-12-2013 11:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Big PaulSend a Private Message to Big PaulEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Khw:

That's a good idea. Not doing so out here will get you in an accident because people know it's the law and if you turn into the wrong lane and hit them, well it's your fault.

I never see people around here do it. The closest I've seen is them straddling both lanes while they turn. Needless to say, I never trust other people enough for me to turn right while someone else is turning left.
Khw

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Big Paul:

I never see people around here do it. The closest I've seen is them straddling both lanes while they turn. Needless to say, I never trust other people enough for me to turn right while someone else is turning left.

It was the same when I lived in Cali. If you were going left and someone was turning right, you waited to see which lane they turned into before going because you didn't want to get hit. It was a culture shock for me when I moved out here to see the.... demand? that other drivers be curtious and follow the law. So if I make a right turn here, I better make sure I go into the immediate right hand lane since it's the only one I'm legally "allowed" to turn into, because that guy going left? Well if cross traffic is clear, he's coming into the lane he's legally allowed to turn into.
jon m

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 06:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:

the thing is, I was not going to let this officer and his totalitarian viewpoint and commanding tone intimidate me into submitting myself to him, wherein to all regards of the law I am within my right. and as a knowledgable citizen, I will exercise my rights accordingly.

ignorance of the law is foolish, and ignorance of ignorance is stupidity
(what the traffic court judge told someone who didnt know the law, when they were trying to justify thier situation, when it was obvious they were guilty)

its foolish to not know the law in this country... especially when a nice percentage of the police here are using "gotcha tactics" to get in an easy citation to make thier quota. I've had to learn the hard way, what I know now.

@GeMs thank you for understanding the reasoning behind this post.

Not all law enforcement representatives are as personal as this one was, I have great respect for and actually acknowledge anyone/anybody that stays professional thoughout thier duties in thier individual lines of work.

it is because of these ignorant fools who dont know the law that our country is the way it is.
and that is how the elitists want it. so they can maintain an easy and unopposed control.

HERE HERE !!! I totally respect someone of principal - from what was said you was being respectful and you did give the officer the offer to read you your rights and arrest you but the officer didn't do that - as I have seen in the past it looks like the officer was trying to push you into a corner so he then had a legal right and hold over you.

not all police officers are law abiding and they do bend the law so that it makes you in the wrong.

so good on you my friend

jon
Will

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 237
Rate this member

Report this Post11-13-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for WillSend a Private Message to WillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by AL87:
He says "now you are going to do what I say, or do you want me to arrest you?"
I said "go for it, I'm not afraid, call your supervisor, just as long as you choose to detain me first." and then he non-challantly released me, and I turned right back around to address him head on, and I said. "If you want my full co-operation, you will have to detain me first, I am not here to fight with you, but I will not submit myself to you when I, by law do not have to follow your instruction for you to wrongfully cite me, and if you have a problem with my failure to comply, then you can detain me, and you can call your supervisor. And if not, then you can wait until I come back out and get in my car when I'm finished here. But right now, I'm going to go to church" (focusing my eyes on, and reaching out with an arm to point directly to the door of my church)

a few seconds of silence goes by after I go back to maintain eye contact with the officer, in wait of an answer to the ultamatum i provided. his reply was "Alright... I can respect that" And I reach out to shake his hand as he looks down towards it, and instead of shaking my hand, he makes his way around me back to his car in defeat.

You filed a complaint, right?
PFF
System Bot
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave