headlight switch help by heavyRfoot
Started on: 11-08-2013 08:39 PM
Replies: 1 (98 views)
Last post by: donnie072003 on 11-08-2013 08:58 PM
heavyRfoot

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for heavyRfootSend a Private Message to heavyRfootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I got a question. So a few months ago I picked up an 87 gt from a member. Car runs great and all no complaints but I have replaced the headlight switch now would be the second time within three months. It has th chris munson headlights plus fog lights running throught the standard switch. Just woundering if that is to much current through that one switch and that's what keeps burning out the switch. My switch will accualy smoke and get hot. If that is the problem would running a second toggle switch and may wire for the fogs cut the current down to keep it from burning up my switches or worse
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
donnie072003

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for donnie072003Click Here to visit donnie072003's HomePageSend a Private Message to donnie072003Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm pretty sure the headlight switch is supposed to only be powering the headlight relay. The heavier gauge wire to the headlights should run through the relay and not your switch. I know 87 & 88 had the headlight module but still same principle.
IP: Logged

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock