Started on: 11-08-2013 04:57 PM
Replies: 11 (400 views)
Last post by: Fformula88 on 11-10-2013 09:05 AM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 04:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thought I would share some pictures of my 85 SE with fresh paint. The original paint was no longer shiny, and a minor fender bender had damaged the paint on the nose fairly severely (although no damage to the nose itself). It looks terrific now! The shop not only painted the white, but also re-painted and/or cleaned all the black trim as necessary. (BTW, the wheels were not part of the paint. They are original but in very good condition. They came off of one of the 88 Formula's I previously had.)

I still need to get a new nose emblem on (I have it, thanks to 2.5 here on the forum!), as well as the Fiero 2M6 badging on the trunk. One final touchup will be some new sail panel inserts. Also I need to get at those dew wipes...

First picture is a "before." Now that the stripes are not on it, I may leave them off. I am going to have to start working on the interior next.

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 11-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!
deceler8

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 07:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for deceler8Send a Private Message to deceler8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Leave the stripes off...that thing is beautiful !

------------------

NiotaFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 07:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NiotaFieroSend a Private Message to NiotaFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I too like it better without the stripes. Good looking car.
CoolBlue87GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 151
Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 10:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CoolBlue87GTSend a Private Message to CoolBlue87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very nice, I love seeing white Fieros. They did a great job.
88_GT4ME

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-08-2013 10:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 88_GT4MESend a Private Message to 88_GT4MEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sharp!
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 01:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks good!

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 06:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really like the clean look as well. She looks beautiful!
N3M3S1S

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 08:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for N3M3S1SSend a Private Message to N3M3S1SEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
A bumper pad V6 Fiero is literally my favorite style Fiero. That car is gorgeous.
jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purdy. Fix those dew wipes!!!

Jim
Boostdreamer

Feedback score:    (24)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 05:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BoostdreamerSend a Private Message to BoostdreamerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks very good! I agree, leave the stripes off. I wonder if they were factory, dealer, or previous owner installed?

The only thing it needs is to be lowered a little bit.

What did that paint job cost you?

Jonathan
PFF
System Bot
Fformula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post11-10-2013 09:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the compliments guys. The dew wipes are on this winter's "to do" list. I already have new ones... just been lazy about them. (Actually, bought them for a prior Formula, 5+ years ago. They remain in my basement in the packaging. Time to stop being lazy).

Prep and paint ran me $1500. It was more of a mask and spray than a true restoration quality spray, but they did a terrific job with it. Prep did happen however, as he filled in all the front end stone chips, and smoothed out other defects. Also re-did all the black. For my expectations and use, the quality, outcome, and price are perfect. The car is a driver, and I intend to use it as such.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock