Started on: 11-04-2013 02:27 PM
Replies: 6 (326 views)
Last post by: JohnWPB on 11-04-2013 09:18 PM
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 02:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It makes your windshield all blurry- except for the route.

[This message has been edited by tesmith66 (edited 11-04-2013).]

johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 03:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah. The blurriness is why you need the heads up display! Also, just in case you don't know it's a heads up display, it tells you right there in plain English...
Jim_Martin29

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 03:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim_Martin29Send a Private Message to Jim_Martin29Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah, it tells you it's a Heads Up Display right in the middle of your field of view. Blocking the important stuff to see, like things you run into.

It's a good idea but it needs to loose all of the text and just keep speed and navigation. I assume that the text is just there for marketing and the end user will be able to turn the demo stuff off.

Is that true? And how well can you see it on a bright, California day?
Marine1981

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 05:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Marine1981Click Here to visit Marine1981's HomePageSend a Private Message to Marine1981Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an app on my phone for this call Speedview. I think it's awesome I just need to find a way to keep it still on my dash lol
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was just kidding...the actual ap doesn't have the words and the route it shows is the route you programed.
JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 09:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The app is for iPhone, that is probably why the window is blurry

Who uses iPhone's anymore anyways? I used one when they first came out for sure, till far better phones with FAR less restrictions came out.

These app's are nice, and I have used a few of them. There are 2 major drawbacks though. First safety glass is double paned glass, therefore the reflection of the phone has a bad ghose effect. Second is that it will only work well when it's dark outside.

The one I use most often is not a HUD app for say.... The phone screen faces you, not the windshield. This one actually watches the road, and can warn you if you veer out of your lane, and even if you are following someone too closely.

Android: iOnRoad Augmented Driving Pro

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock