Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) (Page 4)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
Sequential LED Tail Lights (Part 2) by doublec4
Started on: 11-02-2013 10:46 AM
Replies: 198 (9012 views)
Last post by: 2.5 on 08-10-2016 01:06 PM
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
TXOPIE WANT SETs for HIS GTs.....PLEASE!
IP: Logged
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post02-05-2014 09:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Birthday Money is burning a hole in my pocket.
doublec4

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 07:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for keeping patient guys! I will open the first group buy on Sunday.

For those of you who aren't ready for the first group buy, there will always be a second, third etc as long as people want them!

Thanks for all of your interest!
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 07:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
For both sets or just the notchie?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-06-2014 09:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just the notchie first. Next week sometime I should have the production GT led panels in stock and I can build an actual GT set to show. Shortly after, I will start the GT group buy.

Thanks!
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2014 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by doublec4:

Thanks for keeping patient guys! I will open the first group buy on Sunday.

For those of you who aren't ready for the first group buy, there will always be a second, third etc as long as people want them!

Thanks for all of your interest!

Yeah buddy! Sounds good. Drop me a PM to remind me

------------------

Best 1/4: 11.7 @ 115mph
Best 60ft: 1.60

kriswinner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 06:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for kriswinnerSend a Private Message to kriswinnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Would it be possible to NOT sequential flash the lights?
Just blink as usual?

Love the LEDs, not sure if I'm sold on the sequential flashing.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2014 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, if you would like a solid flash, just request it when ordering and I can program the lights not to sequence. You can always reprogram the chip later if you want sequencing.

Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-09-2014 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Group buy open here:

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/068389.html

Over the past few months I've had a lot of people express interest. I put down some names of those who very recently said they're in for sure. If you would like your name to be removed, just post or send me a message. If you want to get on the list of the first 15, post or pm!

Thanks!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 06:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great news guys,

The GT LED panels just came in:

Will be putting a set together to show you guys
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-11-2014 07:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sweet! Can't wait to see them done!
PFF
System Bot
TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-12-2014 08:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Please hurry up so I can give you my MONEY! can't wait to see the demo set.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 02-12-2014).]

ANAM427

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-13-2014 09:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ANAM427Send a Private Message to ANAM427Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im definitely in for the fastback group buy. Cant wait to see these!

------------------
Adam

2001 BMW 325ci
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Strappado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 08:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its been 7 days!?!? hate to seem petulant but anxiously awaiting those gt lights. Never felt money burning a whole in my pocket like this!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-17-2014 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sorry guys, I have some samples of the GT panels done but my lab power supply crapped out on me this weekend before I could snap any pics. I ordered a new one and it should be here this week. I apologize for the delay!
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 10:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My new power supply came in super fast! I had to snap a few pictures for the GT guys today

Brake lights:

Turn signals:

Both sections are very bright and I'm very pleased. The brake section is dual intensity (dim for the parking lights) but I didn't take any pictures of that section in parking light mode. I'll have a video soon to show the sequential flashing as well.

Thanks for checking back guys!

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

ANAM427

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 10:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ANAM427Send a Private Message to ANAM427Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
man im excited for these. they look great so far

------------------
Adam

2001 BMW 325ci
1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

[This message has been edited by ANAM427 (edited 02-18-2014).]

TXOPIE

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Not to sound ungrateful, but a video of them working like the others please and thank you...can't wait!
Strappado

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-18-2014 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for StrappadoSend a Private Message to StrappadoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look phenomenal! I cant wait to get my hands on a set. Now if only i could get a set of lenses that are not scratched and faded
firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:40 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Those look SO good! Just curious if the reverse lights will be LED as well.
mitchjl22

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mitchjl22Send a Private Message to mitchjl22Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I really want a set of these.
PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 06:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you for the compliments guys.

I will be making a video soon, don't worry

I did not design an LED panel for the reverse lights simply because they are not used enough (in my opinion) to justify the added cost to the kit. If I were to design and include them, the price of the kit would probably increase $75 - $100. I would just use an LED bulb for the reverse lights or if you're really interested in increasing visibility behind you, I believe you can buy HID kits for your reverse lights.

Let me know what you guys think!
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 07:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think...you just need to hurry up and send me a set!

looks great and will update the look of the car for sure

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[QUOTE\]
I did not design an LED panel for the reverse lights simply because they are not used enough (in my opinion) to justify the added cost to the kit. If I were to design and include them, the price of the kit would probably increase $75 - $100. I would just use an LED bulb for the reverse lights or if you're really interested in increasing visibility behind you, I believe you can buy HID kits for your reverse lights.
[/QUOTE]

I can understand that.

Do you think these will still be bright enough with smoked lenses?
firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 11:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

firstclassfiero

32 posts
Member since Jul 2013
So much for that quote.
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by firstclassfiero:

I can understand that.

Do you think these will still be bright enough with smoked lenses?

They are very bright and they should be bright enough even with smoked lenses. I wouldn't recommend smoked lenses but if you already have them and that's what you have to work with, then there's not much else you can do at this point. These LED panels are brighter than stock bulbs.

firstclassfiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 12:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for firstclassfieroSend a Private Message to firstclassfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

They are very bright and they should be bright enough even with smoked lenses. I wouldn't recommend smoked lenses but if you already have them and that's what you have to work with, then there's not much else you can do at this point. These LED panels are brighter than stock bulbs.

Mine are not smoked, but the left one has a slight crack in the lense and smoking them would make it less visible. At least that's what I'm hoping for.
85sliverGT

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 01:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 85sliverGTSend a Private Message to 85sliverGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My lenses are tinted pretty dark, I'll make sure to take some before and after pictures to compare after I get a set of these.

They look great, very exited for these!
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post02-19-2014 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

My new power supply came in super fast! I had to snap a few pictures for the GT guys today

Brake lights:

Snip...

Very well done! These are the nicest version of LED's for the fastbacks that I have seen. Thanks for making these.

Nolan
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks again for the kind words everyone.

Managed to make a video of the GT lights last night:

At some point the camera starts trying to adjust the brightness levels because of the flashing lights so it almost looks like I turn the lights off in the room. Either way, you get the idea

------------------

Check out my build and my website!
//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum3/HTML/000100.html
Embrace Racing

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
so i guess these are getting close to order now?

Also it looks like sometimes the turn signal doesnt light up all the LEDs at the end of board? I am not sure if I am just seeing things but everyonce and a while it looks like the last row or maybe even 2 in a couple blinks looks to be short?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

PFF
System Bot
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-20-2014 08:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

so i guess these are getting close to order now?

Also it looks like sometimes the turn signal doesnt light up all the LEDs at the end of board? I am not sure if I am just seeing things but everyonce and a while it looks like the last row or maybe even 2 in a couple blinks looks to be short?

The last rows blink, the problem lies in the camera it seems. It's a very fast sequence and they always light up in person, just on the camera it seems to not like capturing flashing lights / strobe lights etc. I'm just using my point and shoot camera to take the videos so the quality isn't great. I can also adjust the timing on the sequencing such that the sequence happens faster and the last rows stay lit longer, however I cannot adjust the total duration of the flash. This is determined by the flashing unit (which you can hear clicking in the background).

And yes, they are one step closer to being ready for order. I'm just working on getting the first notchback group buy out the door and then it's on to a GT group buy.

Thanks!

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 03:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just going to bump this to the the top to generate some interest in a group buy in the next few weeks (for the GT lights).

Thanks for the continued interest to all of those who keep checking back
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 03:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wll you sell DIY kits ie unassembled . I'm getting pretty good at micro-soldering

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 02-22-2014).]

doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Danyel:

Wll you sell DIY kits ie unassembled . I'm getting pretty good at micro-soldering

Are you referring to the LED panels, or the control boards?

The kits come with the control boards assembled, but the LEDs do not come soldered to the boards. If you wanted to do the whole thing yourself (the control boards too) I can provide you with the components and you can have at it. I could give you a discount for that too. It's a fun kit to put together
Fierofreak00

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 170
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 06:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fierofreak00Send a Private Message to Fierofreak00Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Just going to bump this to the the top to generate some interest in a group buy in the next few weeks (for the GT lights).

Thanks for the continued interest to all of those who keep checking back

Checking back! Is the price for the GT panels going to be the same as the notchback? You can put me on the interested list for the GT one either way. -Jason

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post02-22-2014 08:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Are you referring to the LED panels, or the control boards?
The kits come with the control boards assembled, but the LEDs do not come soldered to the boards. If you wanted to do the whole thing yourself (the control boards too) I can provide you with the components and you can have at it. I could give you a discount for that too. It's a fun kit to put together

Yep that would be really fun to assemble .... let me know when available and price.
Regards
Danyel
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-23-2014 09:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Price for a regular GT kit will be $250

Danyel, I'll have to get back to you on the price for a kit where you assemble absolutely everything (control board).

Thanks for the questions guys
Sourmug

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 12:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for SourmugSend a Private Message to SourmugEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
When do you think you'll be ready for the GT group buy?
doublec4

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post03-01-2014 10:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for doublec4Send a Private Message to doublec4Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm hoping sometime this week I'll put together a GT group buy.

This weekend I'm just finishing up the notchie order so those will be out of the way in a few days.

Thanks!
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 5 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock