Unusual Configuration by 92wastheyear
Started on: 10-24-2013 04:19 PM
Replies: 11 (369 views)
Last post by: Dburger on 10-25-2013 10:46 AM
92wastheyear

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It was probably an se or a coupe and had a panel swap at some point in its life. I don't believe that the 4 pin was available in the fastback trim.

[This message has been edited by Macs86GT (edited 10-24-2013).]

craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 06:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Macs86GT:

It was probably an se or a coupe and had a panel swap at some point in its life. I don't believe that the 4 pin was available in the fastback trim.

The 4 cyl wasn't available in GT's. Someone just swapped the body panels. I have seen a Quad 4 in a GT before.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 06:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Panel swap... I have a fastback 4cyl in my driveway.
racingfortheson

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for racingforthesonSend a Private Message to racingforthesonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
funny thing is the add is saying GT look with 4 banger MPG. My 6 cylinder is getting the type of MPG numbers he posted up if I keep my foot light on the gas.
solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I noticed it has the GT seats and interior. 4 speed automatic?

[This message has been edited by solotwo (edited 10-24-2013).]

commerce

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 11:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for commerceSend a Private Message to commerceEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Maybe someone went the other way. 6 cylinder GT to a 4.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-24-2013 11:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Panel and semi interior swap. Wheels are 14" SE which didn't come on any fastback bodied Fiero. Dash doesn't have aux gauges or the hole where they'd mount. Looks like it doesn't have power locks. Doors don't have map pockets on them, but the GT map pockets look like they were mounted to the center console carpet instead. Probably also still has the 85 MPH speedo.

fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 12:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The 86 and 87 SE had the ground effects and came with a 4 cylinder. It would be a pretty simple swap for the rear clip and tail lights to make it look like GT. They also have the GT rear bumper and round molding side molding. Don't know if the 87 SE had round or ribbed molding, but the 86's had ribbed. Maybe it was smacked in the rear at some time and that was the opportunity to upgrade with available body panels.

[This message has been edited by fierofool (edited 10-25-2013).]

Carcenomy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CarcenomyClick Here to visit Carcenomy's HomePageSend a Private Message to CarcenomyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
87 SEs are ribbed mouldings.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 257
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 06:33 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by solotwo:

I noticed it has the GT seats and interior. 4 speed automatic?

Just requires swapping the interior... My 4cyl fastback has GT interior and gauges (120 speedo, aux gauges) as well.
My guess is its the 3 speed, it feels like there are 4 gears when driving it due to the TCC locking up and pulling the RPM down similar to another gear shift.
PFF
System Bot
Dburger

Leave feedback

User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2013 10:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DburgerSend a Private Message to DburgerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
License plate carfax says it's an 87 SE.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock