Started on: 10-24-2013 08:39 AM
Replies: 9 (314 views)
Last post by: Khw on 10-26-2013 09:14 PM
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anyone ordered one of the Fierostore nose emblems for a 84-86 bumperpad notchie? (The gold one?)

I am in need of one, and am considering ordering one to have a "new" one. I know some of their reproduction stuff is better than others. So I was wondering if anyone could comment on the quality of the product compared to the original GM emblems.

(Or, are they NOS parts still?)

Thanks!

[This message has been edited by Fformula88 (edited 10-24-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Khw

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's not new, but I have one out in the garage I can send you. I'll try to get pics of it up tonight when I get home from work. I don't think the gold is flaking or that there are any big scratches in it, but if there are or any is I'll make sure you can see it in the pics.

[This message has been edited by Khw (edited 10-24-2013).]

johnt671

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 09:55 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnt671Send a Private Message to johnt671Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought one a few years ago, and it was on for about two years when it started looking like crap. I bought a new OEM one on E-Bay to replace it.
TXGOOD

Feedback score:    (58)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 87
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 10:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXGOODClick Here to visit TXGOOD's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXGOODEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got one for my 85 GT a few years ago and it only lasted a year before starting to really craze, I guess you would call it.
Of course, our Texas sun can wreak havok on a number of things.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have an NOS gold nose emblem, in a GM box. $40 shipped if someone wants it.
McTamney

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 07:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for McTamneySend a Private Message to McTamneyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have one. Looked weird after about a year and a half. Wet sanded it because, well it couldn't be any worse. Looks good again
IMSA GT

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 251
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Buy one from anywhere else. You'll save money and get a better product.
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 09:48 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like it is suspect then. I will stay clear. I want something that will hold up as it is going on my freshly repainted SE.

Originally posted by 2.5:

I have an NOS gold nose emblem, in a GM box. $40 shipped if someone wants it.

PM Sent.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 08:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My emblem is sold to Fformula88, thanks
Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 09:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Oops, I completely forgot about this thread. It's okay though, when I looked at the emblem I have, while the gold and clear is in pretty good shape, the corner is starting to lift on the clear part. My son saw it and asked if he could have it so I let him since the corner is lifting.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock