Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Will the LS "THREE" make My Classic Car?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Will the LS "THREE" make My Classic Car? by Jim88GT
Started on: 10-23-2013 07:46 PM
Replies: 23 (992 views)
Last post by: Rickady88GT on 10-30-2013 09:13 PM
Jim88GT

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 07:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This Saturday is the Virginia Fall Classic car show and fundraiser for Childrens Hospital of Kings Daughters in Newport News Va. Dennis Gage is scheduled to be there filming an episode of My Classic Car. With three forum members attending with LS3 6 speed Fieros, post you guess on what (if any) Fiero footage makes it on air. Begin predictions!

Jim
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
nealreno

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nealrenoSend a Private Message to nealrenoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
NO WAY! They would never want one of these babies to steel the show! Jealousy keeps these dude from the show! Good luck though!
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 10:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis Gage is reputed to hate Fieros. It's not happening.

As an aside...
I still remember the episode of My Classic Car where he rode in some roadster that Jay Leno had. Think it may have been the thing with the tank engine. Whatever it was, it blew all the wax out of Gage's mustache. By the time the ride was finished, Gage looked like he had a squirrel hanging out of his mouth. I ROTF...
Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 08:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I agree. Gage is not going to give the Fieros a second look. Not his type of car.
motoracer838

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Fformula88:

I agree. Gage is not going to give the Fieros a second look. Not his type of car.

You'd be suprised, a couple of years ago he did a small piece on the cars the MHFC had at the yearly show in Gunnison co.

Edit, He's going to have a hard time not noticing 3 ls powered Fieros.

Joe

[This message has been edited by motoracer838 (edited 10-24-2013).]

Formula88

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 12:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by motoracer838:
Edit, He's going to have a hard time not noticing 3 ls powered Fieros.

Joe

No he won't.

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I predict one in the background.
zefferk

Feedback score:    (69)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for zefferkSend a Private Message to zefferkEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
What channel can you even watch "My Classic Car" on now???? Since Speed disappeared, I've not been able to find a channel that carries the show....

My vote would be not going to happen unless a car Denis is interested in happens to be close by and then the fiero will only be shown in the background.
ChuckLS1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for ChuckLS1Send a Private Message to ChuckLS1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its on MAVTV now.

------------------
Chuck
88 Formula W/fastback
2000 Grand Prix GTP

psychosurfer

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 04:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for psychosurferSend a Private Message to psychosurferEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hope not. These cars keep getting more and more expensive... and we are looking to buy, not sell!
Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 01:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Who are the other LS Fieros?
Any pics?
That would be really cool to see on TV
PFF
System Bot
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:00 AM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I predict it's about as likely as Jeremy Clarkson extolling the virtues of American craftsmanship. In other words, not likely. Now if Jay Leno were there, that would be a different story...
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by retroman:

I predict it's about as likely as Jeremy Clarkson extolling the virtues of American craftsmanship. In other words, not likely. Now if Jay Leno were there, that would be a different story...

He liked American cars enough to buy a GT40........but complained about it;( The alarm locked him out, bad times.

tesmith66

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 09:27 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
American cars are rough and unrefined, just like Americans.
dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2013 10:03 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

Any pics?
That would be really cool to see on TV

Jim88GT has the yellow choptop #10 with the LS376/F40
qwikgta has the green fastback clip coupe with the LS376/F40
APegasi has a white 88 coupe that recently got the LS376/F40 swap
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by dobey:

Jim88GT has the yellow choptop #10 with the LS376/F40
qwikgta has the green fastback clip coupe with the LS376/F40
APegasi has a white 88 coupe that recently got the LS376/F40 swap

Pics?
Are they in a build thread?

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Pics?
Are they in a build thread?

//www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/084929.html has pics of all 3 cars, although not engine bay pics of all of them.
retroman

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 03:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

And that's the way I like it. There's something fun about a car that is trying to kill you. With European cars, the electronic nannies trick you into thinking you are a good driver and that takes the fun out of it for me. True, many of them will be faster around a circuit than the American competition, but not everything about owning a car is about lap times.
Jim88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 04:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Jim88GTSend a Private Message to Jim88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just returned from the show - roughly 550 cars in attendance! Beautiful weather and some awesome rides Dennis paid no attention to the Fiero's, but I did cruise by an interview he was doing as I was leaving, so we just might end up in the background of that shot - time will tell....

Jim
infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-26-2013 05:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IMHO, Dennis Gage is a rump smooching wank. He kisses up to anyone that will let him drive their rare car. While he may be a true car nut his endless gushing over run of the mill cars chased me away from his show long ago. Too bad he looked past a few very nicely done cars from enthusiasts who appreciate the fringe cars that our Fieros have become. Even if he doesn't appreciate the effort I sure do!

Well done you three!

Dr. W.

------------------
Is your Fastback GT's trunk seal shot? My Gen IV replacement GT trunk seals with miter double bonded corners are now in production. $95 + $15 flat rate shipping to the US (contact me for international shipping rates) or buy two and pay only a single shipping rate! More info can be found here GT Trunk Seal Project

litespd

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 176
Rate this member

Report this Post10-27-2013 06:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for litespdSend a Private Message to litespdEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dennis Gage came to a Pontiac show here several years ago. One of our club members from Minnesota had an immaculate black 88 GT T-Top car. As I understand it, Dennis did an interview with the owner of the car. When it came time for the episode to air, the interview apparently hit the cutting room floor...and I don't recall seeing ANY Fieros on the show at all.
PFF
System Bot
A_Pegasi

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-28-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for A_PegasiSend a Private Message to A_PegasiEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Any pics?

Introducing the Virginia - LS "THREE"
Jim's Yellow Choptop '88 GT
Rob's Satin Italian Olive '88 T-Top Fastback Coupe
Bob's White '88 Coupe

------------------
A_Pegasi
RCHal486@aol.com

weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-29-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by tesmith66:

One of the editors at Automobile magazine (you know, those high rollers) stated that he changes cars like underwear, he just likes change. He gets tired of whatever he drives and I think I remember him saying he bought/sold/traded an average of every six months. Lexus, BMW, Mercedes, Jag, whatever. Then he bought a Cadillac Escalade. Said it is the finest and most reliable vehicle he's ever owned and it is going nowhere because his WIFE says it stays. Hardly speaks to rough and unrefined.

Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-30-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by A_Pegasi:

Introducing the Virginia - LS "THREE"
Jim's Yellow Choptop '88 GT
Rob's Satin Italian Olive '88 T-Top Fastback Coupe
Bob's White '88 Coupe

Nice, very cool

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors