Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What's the secret to posting photos using PIP?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What's the secret to posting photos using PIP? by Cajun
Started on: 10-23-2013 06:23 AM
Replies: 16 (342 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 01-26-2014 12:47 AM
Cajun

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 06:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
As the topic states; What is the secret to posting photos using PIP? I thought I know how to do it but just attempted to post a photo and got nothing. In using PIP it appeared that all was good but then the photo did not post.

Help here would be nice?

Thanks
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Robertzep2

Feedback score:    (20)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-23-2013 08:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Robertzep2Send a Private Message to Robertzep2Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Once PIP says upload successful, all you have to do is right click Paste into your post window and the code for showing the picture is pasted. Then finish your message and preview or post and your done.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Robertzep2:

...all you have to do is right click Paste into your post window and the code for showing the picture is pasted.

Cliff says to "simply press Ctrl-V" in the PIP Manual... but yeah, that's all there is to it.
Cajun

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-24-2013 07:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CajunSend a Private Message to CajunEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the feedback. My bad, I should have read the instructions.

Rickady88GT

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 202
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 01:43 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
PIP still works? I have not used it in years. It was down for so long I just forgot about it.
RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rickady88GT:

PIP still works? I have not used it in years. It was down for so long I just forgot about it.

I've been using it for 11 years, with only a couple minor glitches.

Bob
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 07:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The only issue I ever had was the need to down size photos to 640 pixle size. I use Image Shack any more.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

OK, well I will have to try it again. The last few times I tried it, it would not work. At the time there was a thread or two about issues with it so I just figured Cliff let it go?

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 11:28 AM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by RCR:

Bob

+1 Only issue I've had with it was if the server was down.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 10-25-2013).]

rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 02:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I used it myself for a long time. With my XP cmptr, I had troubles so I started using another hosting service and never went back. I just go to my web album, click copy and paste/post it to the treads. I also like being able to remove a pic from a thread if I want to. Image Poster leaves it there for eternity.
Rickady88GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 03:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rickady88GTSend a Private Message to Rickady88GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by carbon:

+1 Only issue I've had with it was if the server was down.

OK, cool

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-25-2013 06:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

The only issue I ever had was the need to down size photos to 640 pixle size.

Why would you resize an image that small? The limits are shown below.

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 12:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, you can upload an image up to 1024 pixels in width. 800 Pixels works well for most photos
rogergarrison

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 551
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 06:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rogergarrisonSend a Private Message to rogergarrisonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Picturetrail resizes them for forums automaticly. Ive never changed any of mine I know of.
fierosound

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 286
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierosoundClick Here to visit fierosound's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierosoundEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just tested - works fine. If there's a problem, it's likely not "talking" through your firewall.

------------------
Calgary time/temp

3.4L Supercharged 87 GT Click me
Super Duty 4 Indy #163 Click me

jscott1

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 12:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

Why would you resize an image that small? The limits are shown below.

Way back in the dark ages...like 2001 PIP had a limit of 640 pixels wide. Cliff has incrementally increased that over the years to where 1024 is allowed.
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 12:47 AM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jscott1:

Way back in the dark ages...like 2001 PIP had a limit of 640 pixels wide. Cliff has incrementally increased that over the years to where 1024 is allowed.

I'm aware of that (as I've been here since '99), but it appeared from Old Lar's post that he might've been under the impression that PIP was still limited to an image width of 640 pixels.

Originally posted by Old Lar:

The only issue I ever had was the need to down size photos to 640 pixle size. I use Image Shack any more.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock