Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  What items not available would you like to see made? Interior and Exterior.

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
What items not available would you like to see made? Interior and Exterior. by fierogtlt1
Started on: 10-21-2013 03:03 PM
Replies: 31 (800 views)
Last post by: cmechmann on 01-26-2014 06:26 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 03:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Just taking a look to see what items people would like to see made that is hard to get or not in production anymore.Including any interior plastics
exterior molding,shifter plates,or whatever else.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
thesameguy

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'd like a trim piece for the center console that has a door or plug for the data port, so you wouldn't have to remove the whole thing to gain access. I was thinking about this the other day and got nowhere, but I'll bet someone more creative than myself could make it happen. A little slider or spring-loaded door that folds inwards would be great, but that seems like it'd be a pain to make.

Also, I'd love to see a light assembly for the trunk that incorporates an on/off switch. On hot days, I tend to leave the trunk open when I get home to let the engine cool off and that means the light is on. It'd be great to be able to turn it off, so if I forget and leave the trunk open, my battery doesn't drain itself. I was thinking about wiring a photosensor inline with the light circuit, but that wouldn't fix anything once I closed the garage.

And, finally, a hydraulic strut based support for the front lid would be super. I find the prop rod to be extra annoying! Folks make such conversions for the hood on other cars I've got, but I don't reckon I've seen one for the Fiero.

sco77

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for sco77Send a Private Message to sco77Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by thesameguy:
I'd like a trim piece for the center console that has a door or plug for the data port, so you wouldn't have to remove the whole thing to gain access. I was thinking about this the other day and got nowhere, but I'll bet someone more creative than myself could make it happen. A little slider or spring-loaded door that folds inwards would be great, but that seems like it'd be a pain to make.

Would probably be better to just relocate the port under the dash.

Also, I'd love to see a light assembly for the trunk that incorporates an on/off switch. On hot days, I tend to leave the trunk open when I get home to let the engine cool off and that means the light is on. It'd be great to be able to turn it off, so if I forget and leave the trunk open, my battery doesn't drain itself. I was thinking about wiring a photosensor inline with the light circuit, but that wouldn't fix anything once I closed the garage.

They do sell a pin that goes into the latch to keep the light off, also you can replace the light with a simple LED and fix the draining, I have left my trunk open for 2-3 days before with LED and it started fine without hesitation.

------------------
86 Fiero GT 4spd - L67 swap: VS cam, GenV
98 GTP - Some mods

dobey

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 371
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2013 04:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for dobeySend a Private Message to dobeyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Swap in a trunk light assembly from a 3rd gen F-body? I think they have a switch, but don't recall if it's just on/auto, or on/auto/off.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 05:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would like to see high quality GT tail light lenses.
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I would like to see high quality GT tail light lenses.

Shhhhh.........That's a secret.

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 05:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

fierogtlt1

1006 posts
Member since Jul 2012

That wouldn't be that hard to make.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 06:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Mount something like this in it and you'd have a real winner IMHO...

http://www.waytekwire.com/i...WER-CHARGER-12V-24V/

thebigarniedog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 07:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thebigarniedogSend a Private Message to thebigarniedogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Power steering. This has been the achilles heal of this car since the beginning.
uhlanstan

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 427
User Banned

Report this Post10-21-2013 07:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for uhlanstanSend a Private Message to uhlanstanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
a quality head lamp module for the 84 to 86 fiero selling for under $50.00
there has to be a company that will manufacture this item ..

Buxom babe magnet

[This message has been edited by uhlanstan (edited 10-21-2013).]

rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 08:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Center Console Skeleton. Ray
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rcp builders:

Center Console Skeleton. Ray

You mean like this.... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 10-21-2013).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Also, I'd love to see a light assembly for the trunk that incorporates an on/off switch. On hot days, I tend to leave the trunk open when I get home to let the engine cool off and that means the light is on. It'd be great to be able to turn it off, so if I forget and leave the trunk open, my battery doesn't drain itself.

And, finally, a hydraulic strut based support for the front lid would be super. I find the prop rod to be extra annoying! Folks make such conversions for the hood on other cars I've got, but I don't reckon I've seen one for the Fiero.

The switched trunk light is currently available and I am willing to pull my light and give you the information if you want it but think that it was supplied by Paul Vargus.

I know that Rodney Dickman carries a strut type support for Fiero front deck lids.

http://rodneydickman.com/ca....php?products_id=109

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 10-21-2013).]

hnthomps

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 09:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

hnthomps

5729 posts
Member since Jul 2003

Originally posted by thebigarniedog:

Power steering. This has been the achilles heal of this car since the beginning.

This is currently available for an 88 and possibly other years from the GT Service Center in Melbourne, FL.

http://gtservicecenter.com/

Nelson

lateFormula

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 10:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lateFormulaSend a Private Message to lateFormulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Very specific list of items I wish were available, but have never been available as replacement parts:

1) New felt bushings for the 2.8 throttle body butterfly shaft.

2) New bushings (brass inserts would be preferred) for the gen 2 headlight assemblies. The two primary pivot points have plastic bushings and at 25 years old, the ones on my car appear to be cracking.

3) This is something I have been looking for since I bought my car 20 years ago: new sponge rubber cushions to hold down the sunroof panel when placed in the frunk. I know that "replacements" are available from Fiero Fiberglass and the Fiero Store, but I want replacements that match what the car came with from the factory. Soft sponge rubber in a "D" shaped profile.

A couple other items I wish were available:

4) A company or shop that can reskin vinyl interior pieces with the correct textured, foam backed material. Color is not important, I can always recolor it myself. Years ago (in the 1990's) I had seen ads in Hemming Motor News for shops that did this, but today I cannot locate one business that offers this kind of restoration service.

5) New, baffled gas tanks for the Fiero that are made from formed sheet metal that is either 304 or 321 stainless steel. I do not want aluminum, but would consider plastic if the construction was heavy and durable.

[This message has been edited by lateFormula (edited 10-21-2013).]

84fiero123

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 325
Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 11:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 84fiero123Send a Private Message to 84fiero123Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does someone have access to one of those plastic parts making machines?

Steve

------------------
Technology is great when it works,
and one big pain in the ass when it doesn't

Detroit iron rules all the rest are just toys.

Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 04:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rear Louver for fastback I have been looking at some cheap ones on ebay for various old cars I can only guess or try find rear window specs to find something close. Thinking old 280zx cordia, commodore, ford prefer something long with right angles not to restrict vision nothing i have to widen and what ever i cut not into the blind. Anyone done any measuring of rear windows of cars. Of course looking to angle down as per fastback profile.
https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...130314-2-115127.html
AusFiero

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 326
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 04:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AusFieroClick Here to visit AusFiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to AusFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by lateFormula:
4) A company or shop that can reskin vinyl interior pieces with the correct textured, foam backed material. Color is not important, I can always recolor it myself. Years ago (in the 1990's) I had seen ads in Hemming Motor News for shops that did this, but today I cannot locate one business that offers this kind of restoration service.

Can get it done here http://dashboarddoctor.com.au/
I would assume the USA has the same services available.
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
An air dam for the 87/88 coupe front end. This is a constant source of frustration.
DL10

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 160
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DL10Click Here to visit DL10's HomePageSend a Private Message to DL10Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

You mean like this.... https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum1/HTML/092166.html

IMO you need to finish one project before you worry about starting another one. To many ideas without any real results makes you look more like a dreamer than a builder.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 09:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
T-top parts! Seals, plastic end caps -- you name it, we need it.
PFF
System Bot
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DL10:

IMO you need to finish one project before you worry about starting another one. To many ideas without any real results makes you look more like a dreamer than a builder.

But.....That one is close to being done and going to "The Mall" soon.
Trying to keep myself busy. DL10

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 01:24 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

An air dam for the 87/88 coupe front end. This is a constant source of frustration.

What are you trying to accomplish?
mikejhjr

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 11:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mikejhjrSend a Private Message to mikejhjrEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
+1 for the GT tail light lenses.
Spiders1

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 11:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Spiders1Send a Private Message to Spiders1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Another vote for GT tail lenses ^_^
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 01:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

T-top parts! Seals, plastic end caps -- you name it, we need it.

Definitely my next project after the Center Console Skeleton....T-Top End Caps..

Marko

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:19 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MarkoSend a Private Message to MarkoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Love to see one made for the 84-85 Bumperpad too.

I've been looking for one for 6 years to no avail.

------------------
Marko.

'85 SE 2M6 Muncie 4 speed.
a.k.a "The Rumble Seat"

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 06:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Definitely my next project after the Center Console Skeleton....T-Top End Caps..

don't forget the very specific plastic part that goes around the map lights. Its specific to the T-Tops too, and just as hard to find in good condition.

Rob
weaselbeak

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 06:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for weaselbeakSend a Private Message to weaselbeakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Easy glue on dash corner caps that are not a hit & miss proposition for fit. The ones that are available get mixed reviews, and I'm not that much of a gambler. Perhaps in a somewhat pliable material?

[This message has been edited by weaselbeak (edited 01-25-2014).]

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 07:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by qwikgta:

don't forget the very specific plastic part that goes around the map lights. Its specific to the T-Tops too, and just as hard to find in good condition.

Rob
Do you have a pic of this item?

qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 06:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I just got in a set of the Fiero Store door skins. Very nice product, and it got me thinking about another part i'd like to see. The "B" panel with an option for a speaker grill or not. Also, if it was made with a speaker grilll, maybe we could pick a better shaped or better size one. Maybe a nice 5 1/4 ring with some additional plastic to mount the speaker grill.

Rob
PFF
System Bot
cmechmann

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 06:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for cmechmannSend a Private Message to cmechmannEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Was looking around last night at some older post. Someone had shown putting a 93-95 Firebird instrunent panel in a Fiero to resemble the 89.
Sofa King "My 88 Formula Interior Redesign" page 18
Several asked him where he got the front, back and bottom bezels from. Not the light gray ones shown in the car, but the dark gray ones shown that he was shipped. There were no replies.
I wouldn't mind the modifications to the harness and the speedo would work better with later ECMs.

[This message has been edited by cmechmann (edited 01-26-2014).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock