Started on: 10-20-2013 03:30 PM
Replies: 93 (4085 views)
Last post by: fiero67 on 11-27-2013 07:00 PM
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 05:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by johnyrottin:

I sent full payment for reimbursement for Thomas...or "my money where my mouth is" as you so ellequently put it. Please allow him to recover with a bit less stress.

He needs to take note and learn some class from you.
IP: Logged
craigsfiero2007

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 71
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 05:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for craigsfiero2007Send a Private Message to craigsfiero2007Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

craigsfiero2007

3979 posts
Member since Aug 2007

Originally posted by Fiero Thomas:

Thank you for all minus one for understanding my situation.

Get Well Tom. We wish you a speedy recovery.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 05:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I sent full payment for reimbursement for Thomas...or "my money where my mouth is" as you so ellequently put it. Please allow him to recover with a bit less stress. The reference I made to the $22,000...well lets say I am one of the persons who has lost tens of thousands from a seller that I meet here on the forum and leave it at that.

He actually took your money? What a piece of work..
Fiero Thomas

Feedback score:    (170)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 125
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by nitroheadz28:

He actually took your money? What a piece of work..

He was fully refunded this morning as posted above

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by northstar:
what are YOU going to do???.im all worried that You kniw it was me..oh noooo what will happen to me?????..jerk!

I am glad to say that we have an answer to your question:

johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Well, lets call it an integrity check then. If he has any he will send it back. If he doesn't....well...that just speaks for itself. Just glad Thomas can recover in peace.
nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He was fully refunded this morning as posted above

I saw that, but taking Johnny's money even if you hadn't refunded him
jetsnvettes2000

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 06:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jetsnvettes2000Send a Private Message to jetsnvettes2000Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom, hows it going I hope your feeling better If I make it to the Dells this coming year I hope to see ya there too!
katatak

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hoping for a Speedy Recovery Thomas!

Johnny - Class act Sir!
IwannaIRM

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I saw that, but taking Johnny's money even if you hadn't refunded him

It would appear you have misunderstood the context from Johnny correctly.

It appears that Johnny sent Fiero Thomas a reimbursement for the payment he made to Northstar since Northstar challenged Johnny to put his money where his mouth was.

Johnny was screwed out of $22k by another vendor not Fiero Thomas.

Fiero Thomas did what he felt was right and sent an insensitive customer his refund. And being the stand-up guy that Johnny is, he recouped Fiero Thomas's losses.
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-03-2013 11:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

It's only $20...chill. give him a break for a bit and let him recover. Now when it gets up nearer to the $22,000 mark then feel free to get angry! Not that I have any experience with that...
Meanwhile send me your address and I will reimburse you whatever Thomas owes you.

The irony of this is that he asked me to do the same thing. He said in a PM that "if I have that much confidence in Thomas, I should give him his money and then have Thomas reimburse me". Oh well, what can you do.
PFF
System Bot
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 12:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thomas... I hope you recover quickly and completely.
I'm shaking my head, man. What a complete lack of class that some people have.

Originally posted by JohnWPB:

At least we don't have to listen to him any more. About f'n time. He got on my nerves on about "day three".

nitroheadz28

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by IwannaIRM:

It would appear you have misunderstood the context from Johnny correctly.

It appears that Johnny sent Fiero Thomas a reimbursement for the payment he made to Northstar since Northstar challenged Johnny to put his money where his mouth was.

Johnny was screwed out of $22k by another vendor not Fiero Thomas.

Fiero Thomas did what he felt was right and sent an insensitive customer his refund. And being the stand-up guy that Johnny is, he recouped Fiero Thomas's losses.

Actually:

Please note he was refunded this morning.

Then in response to northstar:

It's only $20...chill. give him a break for a bit and let him recover. Now when it gets up nearer to the $22,000 mark then feel free to get angry! Not that I have any experience with that...
Meanwhile send me your address and I will reimburse you whatever Thomas owes you.

I sent full payment for reimbursement for Thomas...or "my money where my mouth is" as you so ellequently put it.

So if I'm reading correctly, northstar was refunded the original sum plus whatever Johnny sent him. Hence my comment about him actually taking Johnny's money in the first place, he probably wont return it but lets hope he's not a scumbag on top of being just an insensitive tool.

[This message has been edited by nitroheadz28 (edited 11-04-2013).]

IwannaIRM

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 58
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 05:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IwannaIRMSend a Private Message to IwannaIRMEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So if I'm reading correctly, northstar was refunded the original sum plus whatever Johnny sent him. Hence my comment about him actually taking Johnny's money in the first place, he probably wont return it but lets hope he's not a scumbag on top of being just an insensitive tool.

Wow, I had better learn to read correctly... I thought Johnny sent the money to Fiero Thomas didn't realize he sent it to the tool. Now I understand! Thanks for setting me straight.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 07:29 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yes, that is correct. Fiero Thomas refunded northstar's money and I refunded northstar's money. He got double paid! I checked my paypal this morning and he did not put the money back in mine.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-04-2013).]

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 09:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
you guys are the best and Jonny has always been a class act. Jonny I hope he sends you back the funds. Let me know and I will send funds your way if he doesnt. I have OT coming buy today. I have 4 days of threopy this week. I have issues with my left leg and hands. I was eating soup last night and I kept shaking it off the spoon. I have to walk with a walker as well so I dont fall. I fell once yesterday and could not get up without help. I will never take for granted how little things like walking can change your life. When I was on the vent I was flipped over on my stomach to help drain my lungs. I have to thank my wife and kids putting up with me and helping me through this time.

This is also the reason that I like this forum so much is it is adult driven and full of people who care. Thank you to everyone!!!!!!

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Hello everyone I am home. I went in the hospital on the 5th at night do to pain that I had in my abdomen. The onlything that I remember is parking my car as I wanted to make sure it was locked. I woke up and was coheraint on the 24th during the time I was down from whet I was told I even tried to excape the hospital and I was screaming about how I was kidnapped. Explaines why I was strapped to the bed. I cannot really post as I am so shaly i am one fingering the message. I have Nurses coming to the house every day now as simple things such as walking the stairs take a tole on me. I have to use a walker as well. I dont remember posting that message that started this post. The wife said she took my phhone as I was calling my best friend greg to get my kids and bust me out of were ever i was thinking that I was. I do want to repost one persons message to me that they PM me ever other day out of frustration of not under standing that I was on a vent for 7 days on my stomach as they though I would not make it. I have blisters on my stomach and arms were I was on the flip table. I will share more later as I am really tired and need a nap. I love all you guys and gals and when I am back up you guys will know. I will share more later.

Good to hear you are home and recovering
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Don't care about the money Thomas. your health is more important to me than any material thing. Focus on getting better my friend. Prayers for you, your wife, and your family.
PK

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PKSend a Private Message to PKEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Thomas best wishes from across the pond.

...and on a less important note, I see that in your initial post, where you were clearly not feeling too well,, you still had customer service on your mind! Don't see how anyone could reasonably ask for more than that.

pokeyfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post11-04-2013 11:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow! Great you're ok. Well I hope you are ok or will be.

At least you are not typing in a manner that scared the hell out of me.

Best wishes Brother.
jb1

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 03:50 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jb1Send a Private Message to jb1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is what makes this forum so great to be part of, there will always be ones like "Northstar", but that is what the user rating is for and seems it has served its purpose well.... Praying for your speedy recovery Thomas!

------------------

87GTseries 1 3800sc (7.597 @88.53 1.579 60ft)
(series II swap in progress)
85GT Northstar/ 4t80e
86GT 3800 n/a
My Build

PFF
System Bot
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 06:46 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Figured I would throw this out there. I redacted the amount "owed". This is the PM sent from northstar:

"You aee soooo full of **** .....reimburse me??? Ok big shot $X carlsfierov8@aol.com. put your money where your big mouth is...ill be watching.... "

I still look at this in amazement. How does someone become so negative? In what way was I so full of xxxx? In what way did I act like a bigshot? How about the bigmouth part? Simply asking someone to give another human being some space and time to recover? Have we become so callous, uncaring and unthoughtful?

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 11-05-2013).]

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 08:16 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I've also received messages from Northstar telling me to give him money in a threatening way. What an idiot.
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 08:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I checked PayPal again this morning...no refund. I sent him a quick and polite email stating :

Northstar,
Since Fiero Thomas has returned your money I would like you to refund the
money I sent you covering his end. Please refund it directly to the Hotmail
address which sent it to you: johnharbour@hotmail.com.
Thanks,
JR

See what happens
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 09:52 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

See what happens

You're holding your breath... right?
IMSA GT

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 252
Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 09:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for IMSA GTSend a Private Message to IMSA GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you can't get a refund, here is his post from the Fiero Hoodies thread in the Mall:

Originally posted by northstar:

my address is (address info removed)

Note to self........don't post personal information on the internet. It becomes public property.

[Edited by Cliff Pennock: Personal information removed]
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-05-2013 08:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to hear you're out of the hospital and improving. I don't know you, but I do read a lot of your posts on here. When I saw your initial post, I got chills and was worried. I've been following this just to check up on your status. I hope you keep improving and are back on the road in no time!

Side note, class act, Johnny. It amazes me how negative some folks can be on here, but for 1 negative person there always seems to be 50 much more positive people to take his place. Makes me proud to be a member of this community.
h.d.fire

Feedback score:    (28)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 12:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for h.d.fireSend a Private Message to h.d.fireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Tom-
It's good to hear you are back home and on the road to recovery.
You have MANY friends here, if you need anything, let us know.
See you soon!
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 01:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Checked PayPal again today....nada.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Johny thank you again for the assist but something tells me that we will not hear from him again.

Thank you Mike as well. Glad you got back into the fiero game.

This past three days I have been working with PT to work on things like walking and balance. I have ben able to get around the house but my balance and endurance are pretty bad. Durning the balance parts I have a habit of falling over so we are going to be working on that a bunch. I have also have had two blood tests as my liver enzimes are way out of wack, they are hoping that it is an simple fix. My hands are still shaky. Having soup is out of an option as I shake it right off the spoon. Its going to be a long road but I am still kicking. Thanks again for letting me update you on my progress.

------------------
1986 Fiero GT 1984 Corvette
1992 Bonneville SSEI 2009 Dodge Challenger SRT8

FieroNews

RCR

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 102
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 07:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RCRSend a Private Message to RCREdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thomas. I hope you continue to improve and wish you the best.

I'd like to also thank you for the hoodie. With all you've been through, I was in no hurry.

It looks great. I'll be showing it off at work tomorrow.

Thanx and best wishes...

Bob
PFF
System Bot
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 07:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thomas,

I'm really glad to see you back and gaining strength. Please check your PM's for an important request.

Robert
johnyrottin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thomas, as long as you improve it was money well spent! We need to figure out how to make soup into jello for you...that will stay on that stinkin' spoon!
FieroMaster88

Feedback score:    (43)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 168
Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 08:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMaster88Send a Private Message to FieroMaster88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad you are feeling better and I hope you have a speedy recovery!

------------------

88 Coupe: 2.0L Turbo 4 Cylinder, W2A, T25 Turbo.
84 Indy #64: Restoration Project, Super Duty 4 swap

Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 08:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Thomas, as long as you improve it was money well spent! We need to figure out how to make soup into jello for you...that will stay on that stinkin' spoon!

LOL
NoMoreRicers

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-06-2013 09:35 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey Tom! I got my hoodie today and I wasn't expecting it. You really should just focus on getting better! You are a great member of the community and I only wish you the best. Get well soon so I can buy another hoodie next year.

Pete Matos

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2013 12:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Pete MatosSend a Private Message to Pete MatosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thomas,
Hey man SO VERY PLEASED to hear you are out of the hospital and getting better. You had us worried here man LOL. Still enjoy my Fiero Tee shirts you made for my wife and kids and myself. We were them sometimes together when we go to car shows. I like the sound of a hoodie too.... Gotta find that thread. Get well my friend peace

Pete
Vernon8360

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 10:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Vernon8360Send a Private Message to Vernon8360Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

That's why they invented straws! Welcome back. Take P.T. one day at a time and each day you'll get a bit stronger.

[This message has been edited by Vernon8360 (edited 11-09-2013).]

OHNIKO

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 11:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for OHNIKOSend a Private Message to OHNIKOEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
we are all rootin 4 ya my friend, every step of the way. God & strength be with you always.
Fiero Thomas

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-09-2013 11:30 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero ThomasSend a Private Message to Fiero ThomasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thank you all for your support. I love the fiero community. I was talking with the wife about the forum and other ones that I look at for my cars but never post there. The level of maturity is what is great along with all of you.

The past few days we have been working on stairs and balance. I am now able to go up and down the stairs with both feet instead of one and a person to help. I cant stop eating for some reason. I have grilled a steak every day for the past few days and ready to have more today. The balancing is not going well. I fall over to the side during these exercises. My drivers licens is still on hold with the state and they say it will be a while before I can get the hold removed. So I welcome all visitors to change up my routine. My vision is still a bit blurry but I can tell from the first day till now it is better. This issue made me get a lighted keyboard so I can see the letters and to help me steddy my hands. They are very shaky. This is a huge thing. I have to hold my spoon with two hands now. Things are getting better but have a ways to go.

Tom
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 3 pages long:  1   2   3 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock