Looking for a Mechanic in NorCal by XThirtySeven
Started on: 10-17-2013 10:05 PM
Replies: 6 (128 views)
Last post by: thesameguy on 10-22-2013 12:05 AM
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Due to a busy work schedule and a limited knowledge about Fieros I would like to find someone who can work on my car. Things I need done include

Swap Front and Rear Bushings to Polyurethane
Instal Rodney Dickman Ball Joints
Instal front Eibach Springs

I'm in Sacramento
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Delorean

He is a member here. Look him up.
pokeyfiero

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 309
Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pokeyfieroClick Here to visit pokeyfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to pokeyfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

pokeyfiero

16189 posts
Member since Dec 2003
just talked to him. He busy.

Getting married and working on Ferrari.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If it's any help, I always recommend John at East Sac Auto, right near the corner of H St. and 57th St. I do 99.9% of all my own car work, but he's the guy in town I trust to work on my car. There's another shop in Carmichael-ish a friend of mine recommends (he's also a solid DIYer) - I can dig that info up if it's more convenient for you. I have a feeling that the poly bushing swap is going to be insane labor, the springs and balljoints are trivial. Every thread I've read about them makes the job sound horrible - that's why I stuck with rubber on my rebuild. I rebuilt the whole front end in an afternoon.
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 02:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thesameguy

1536 posts
Member since Dec 2012
I don't know DeLorean - anybody happen to know if he works for FedEx?
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-21-2013 11:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good info thanks guy! Any recommendations on a shop or person who could do a 3.4 Swap for me? All i have is a Crate Motor, the rest would be up to them. Any ballpark price for what it would cost to have someone do it for me?
thesameguy

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-22-2013 12:05 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thesameguySend a Private Message to thesameguyEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There aren't many people in this area with any automotive imagination. Most shops want to do book work to avoid liabilities and such, which is understandable in California.

I've worked with a guy named Ryan Terry down off Power Inn. He is a one man shop, the name is Sikk & Twisted. He did some nice work on my '67 Fleetwood, and he was working on putting a Honda b-series motor in an old N600. He's got the skill I'd say, I just don't know about the interest. It's been a year since I've spoken with him so I don't know if he's still around.

Edit: Looks like he is!

http://sikkntwisted.com/

And that's my Fleetwood right on the front page. I'm famous!

[This message has been edited by thesameguy (edited 10-22-2013).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock