Started on: 10-15-2013 03:55 PM
Replies: 18 (847 views)
Last post by: MstangsBware on 10-20-2013 02:07 AM
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 03:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If anyone is thinking about going with a Clutch Net clutch set I would advise against is purely on very BAD customer service. They sent the wrong PP for a 3800 swap and I have been going back\forth with them for a month trying to get the right one. They do not answer the phone, they do not call u back and they dont have a clue as to what they r doing. Called all morning with no answer but as soon as another number was used to call they answered right away. They have lost any future business from me....
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
GM Shane

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 04:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll second this.

I ordered a Pressure Plate / Clutch from them in 2011, and long story short I didn't get my swap running until this year.

After trying everything I finally figured out that the disc they sent me interfered with the pressure plate fingers. It took a week to get a hold of them, and they told me that if I shipped them the disc they'd ship a good disc back to me. Two weeks later, I got tired of waiting and started calling them back. It took another week to get a hold of them.

Oleg acted surprised that he said he'd do a warranty replacement two years after the fact, but he said he'd do it anyways. A week passed, and figuring I'd never get the clutch I ordered one from Spec.

Another week went by, and a ClutchNet clutch showed up in the mail. I never installed it, because I didn't want to couple it with a pressure plate with possibly bad fingers. The Spec clutch works great so far.
joshua riedl

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for joshua riedlSend a Private Message to joshua riedlEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I saw e writing on the wall when they wouldn't answer the phone. I tried calling over several days at different times and nothing.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting.

I wonder who the "next best thing" in clutches will be.

First it was Spec. Until a few (or more than a few, including myself) people had issues. Some people think all the "unsatisfieds" were isolated incidents, and still use them.
Then it was Clutch Net. Since I haven't bought anything from them I didn't see it coming, but I'm not surprised. And I suspect that some people will still sing their praises.
Everyone has heard the Centerforce woes, although it's still being sold to (and bought by) Fiero people.

FWIW, I'm happy with my Ram clutch, but I'm sure there is at least one person here who has unceremoniously fragged one, and because of that "they all suck".

If it weren't for people getting screwed, it would almost be comical.
No point to this, really. Other than to point out that we are a fickle bunch, and that you (a collective "you") can't please everybody.

Hope everyone gets what they paid for.
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 10:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My ecperiance with clutchnet was a good one.. had to put one in my old 3400 formula after the spec went and he even did the legwork calling the previous owner of the car to get the specs on the application... clutch worked well
MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 11:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by GM Shane:

I'll second this.

I ordered a Pressure Plate / Clutch from them in 2011, and long story short I didn't get my swap running until this year.

After trying everything I finally figured out that the disc they sent me interfered with the pressure plate fingers. It took a week to get a hold of them, and they told me that if I shipped them the disc they'd ship a good disc back to me. Two weeks later, I got tired of waiting and started calling them back. It took another week to get a hold of them.

Oleg acted surprised that he said he'd do a warranty replacement two years after the fact, but he said he'd do it anyways. A week passed, and figuring I'd never get the clutch I ordered one from Spec.

Another week went by, and a ClutchNet clutch showed up in the mail. I never installed it, because I didn't want to couple it with a pressure plate with possibly bad fingers. The Spec clutch works great so far.

This is pretty much what I am going thru to the tee but with a PP...They dont answer the phone and screen the number coming in to know who is calling. If I wouldnt have sent them my PP already I would just leave it be but not letting them scam me out of a PP...Supposed to have sent out the PP today but have heard that 3 other times already...
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 12:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm surprised a company can last this long without losing all customers with feedback like this.
Jfrost

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 03:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JfrostSend a Private Message to JfrostEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was really hoping I wouldn't see another thread like this about Clutchnet. I'm having issues getting my L67 swap into gear and have a Clutchnet disc and pressure plate setup. I bled the clutch countless times and every item on the hydraulic system is new. Still no luck. After seeing GM Shanes thread having my same issues I figured I'd pull my engine to check the clutch disc and pressure plate to make sure they're correct. Well, I haven't had the time to fully remove the engine yet but after your issues with them I'm almost positive I'm in the same boat. I contacted them months ago about the potential issue looking for help. I got a quick email response but once I sent a 2nd email, nothing. A week goes by, I send another email, nothing.

I really hope if they sent me the wrong parts they'll replace them with the correct ones. Based on the response you got that doesn't seem likely. Honestly, I don't know if I'll have time to pull the engine before winter hits and if that's the case it will have to wait until spring. This is really frustrating as this is the last issue preventing me from finally driving my Fiero after more than 2 years since first starting this project.

------------------
Project L67 Fiero

[This message has been edited by Jfrost (edited 10-16-2013).]

mattwa

Feedback score:    (41)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 88
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 04:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mattwaSend a Private Message to mattwaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have used a SPEC clutch without any issues myself. However, looks to me like going Auto isn't a bad idea after-all.
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 06:24 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by mattwa:

I have used a SPEC clutch without any issues myself. However, looks to me like going Auto isn't a bad idea after-all.

Careful... you're starting to sound like Dennis.
Jncomutt

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 221
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 09:12 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JncomuttSend a Private Message to JncomuttEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
[sub][/sub]

Originally posted by mattwa:

Build thread?
PFF
System Bot
Asphalt Risin

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 03:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Asphalt RisinSend a Private Message to Asphalt RisinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I had no trouble dealing with clutchnet. All communication was through email, and they were always quick to reply, and helpful in answering questions. Delivery was in good time as well. Unfortunate others are having bad experiences.

------------------

GM Shane

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 05:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for GM ShaneSend a Private Message to GM ShaneEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Jfrost:
I really hope if they sent me the wrong parts they'll replace them with the correct ones. Based on the response you got that doesn't seem likely. Honestly, I don't know if I'll have time to pull the engine before winter hits and if that's the case it will have to wait until spring. This is really frustrating as this is the last issue preventing me from finally driving my Fiero after more than 2 years since first starting this project.

The important thing to note is that they DID send me a disc that will work. Also, the disc they sent me sells for more than the one I bought. So to be fair, they did well by me. It just took a really long time to get it from them.

I have the new ClutchNet disc on the shelf next to my used ClutchNet pressure plate. I didn't want to go through installing everything just to find out that my first bad disc damaged the pressure plate.

During my whole saga, I read a lot of bad information about Clutchnet. Not just in the Fiero world, BMWs and Camaros too. Hell, even Bloozeberry got hosed by them in his Northstar thread. They did well by me, but they won't be getting any more of my money.
rcp builders

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 10:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rcp buildersSend a Private Message to rcp buildersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll never use them!!!!!!!!
Steven Snyder

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 106
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Steven SnyderClick Here to visit Steven Snyder's HomePageSend a Private Message to Steven SnyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have ordered one or two clutches from Clutchnet. The parts are very well made, and significantly sturdier than the Spec clutches I used to use. The Clutchnet discs are a bit heavier than the Spec ones though, and you can feel it in high RPM shifts.

I have never had to call them for customer service, and the few times I e-mailed them some general questions, I never got a response, so I'm not surprised that their customer service is lacking.

On the bright side, I live just a short distance away from them, so I guess if I had serious problems I could just drop by...
Raydar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 12:43 PM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wonder if they're co-located with WCF...
Kemp3

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kemp3Send a Private Message to Kemp3Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

I wonder if they're co-located with WCF...

and that's a useful post ........

fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 02:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Asphalt Risin:

I had no trouble dealing with clutchnet. All communication was through email, and they were always quick to reply, and helpful in answering questions. Delivery was in good time as well. Unfortunate others are having bad experiences.

Originally posted by MstangsBware:

...Gotta wonder how the other side of the story goes..,

MstangsBware

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 02:07 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

Good input....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock