Lost Power Windows.... by DKcustoms
Started on: 10-15-2013 12:11 PM
Replies: 6 (280 views)
Last post by: Sage on 10-18-2013 07:33 PM
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 12:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My Fiero has been motorless since I bought it in June, but everything else has worked just fine, including the windows.

Recently I changed out the 85 mph speedo for a 120mph one so obviously I had to take the whole instrument panel apart, disconnecting the connectors and so forth...

I put everything back together withouth thinking about it, but today I went to put the windows back up to keep the dust from getting in the car and they don't move at all.

All of the lights dim when I hit the switches, so there is a current draw, but its not getting to the motors.
Is there a relay somewhere in the instrument panel that might not be connected so the windows won't work?
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks.

EDIT: I also do not have power locks, headlights, wipers or the horn...
I didn't try the radio but I plan on taking the instrument cluster apart tomorrow and putting my old gauges back in to see if that fixes it.

[This message has been edited by DKcustoms (edited 10-15-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Bloozberry

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 311
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 12:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for BloozberrySend a Private Message to BloozberryEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
After reviewing the FSM, the power window circuit doesn't appear to be related in any way to the circuits in the instrument panel. My guess is that the window circuit breaker is malfunctioning. It's a silver metal box plugged into the fuse panel in the location shown below (WDO). Try unplugging it and replugging back in or exchanging it with the PWR ACC circuit breaker (they're the same).

1984whitesc

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 09:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 1984whitescClick Here to visit 1984whitesc's HomePageSend a Private Message to 1984whitescEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Did you have slow moving windows before they stopped working?

[This message has been edited by 1984whitesc (edited 10-21-2013).]

DKcustoms

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I wouldn't say so.
They went up and down fine, about as fast as I think they could running just off battery power instead of engine power.
jscott1

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 415
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 12:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jscott1Send a Private Message to jscott1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sounds like your battery is dead.... sometimes the obvious is overlooked.
TopNotch

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 01:56 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by DKcustoms:

All of the lights dim when I hit the switches, so there is a current draw, but its not getting to the motors.

If there's enough current draw to dim the lights, my guess is that it IS getting to the motors, but they aren't working. Either that, or it's getting somewhere it shouldn't.
Sage

Feedback score:    (14)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 69
Rate this member

Report this Post10-18-2013 07:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for SageSend a Private Message to SageEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Try what Blooz suggested above before you spend time looking elsewhere. They are circuit breakers, not relays or fuses. To "re-set" them, you do as suggested, pull them out, put them back in, or also like suggested, try switching the a/c unit for the wdo unit. Not saying that's what it HAS to be, just saying if you know your battery is good, this is the next easy logical thing to check before you start trying to "track down" the problem.

I'd check the battery out good before you do anything, especially after your edit saying you've also lost other accessories.

Post what it was after you get it figured out.

HAGO!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock