18" rims with offset by KOS
Started on: 10-14-2013 04:44 PM
Replies: 10 (801 views)
Last post by: LornesGT on 11-07-2016 09:25 PM
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 04:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Now for some reason I cant find the thread on the rims that has the link to a site to calculate offsets. So here is what I have come across

I am looking at some rims
18x8.5 ETA30 fronts and 18x10 ETA 25 rears
the rubber on them right now is 225/40/18(fronts) and 235/40/18(rears)

I do have 1.5" spacers as well to run. I am putting this on a widebody and from what I can remember the rears would need the spacers with that offset. Does this combo sound like the right size to work?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

[This message has been edited by KOS (edited 10-14-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
XThirtySeven

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 05:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Stock Fenders for 18x8.5 the offset to sit flush would be 42. Now if you measure how much you're adding with the widebody you should be able to calculate what works.

------------------
I bought a Fiero because my friends said I shouldn't.

Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here ya go ...

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ah perfect thanks. I need to double check but it looks like with the spacers on the rear they should be pretty good. The fronts may be a bit short but I need to measure to be sure. However I am not sure I will get them yet due to the price...
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:01 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-17-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. That is the one I was looking for. But for some reason I cant open it at work anymore....firewall I guess.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 09:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Anyone else having issues with the link? I cant get the java to work... just want to see how these rims will fit with my widebody and if I need spacers or not. Any able to help?

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

FieroBobo

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-19-2013 11:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroBoboSend a Private Message to FieroBoboEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
KOS,
Below is a link to another wheel/tire comparison tool.
http://www.rimsntires.com/specs.jsp

I like it a lot because you can input the stock wheel & tire on the left side, and then input the specs for your new wheel & tire on the right, and the app gives you a nice comparison between the two wheel/tire combinations.

I hope this proves helpful.

~ Bob ~

------------------
"Its nice to be important.
Its more important to be nice."

KOS

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-20-2013 10:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thats perfect thanks!

Looks like if I throw some 295s on there I can run my spacers and have just the right fit in the rear.

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 08:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know this thread is super old, but I didn't want to make a new one. I'm looking at purchasing some 18 x 8.5 wheels. They have either a 35 or 45 mm offset. I'm confused as to what all the lines mean on the chart Danyel posted. Can someone help me out and tell me if they'd fit or not and which would be better?
LornesGT

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post11-07-2016 09:25 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LornesGTSend a Private Message to LornesGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
45 will fit inside the well better but maybe just outside the body, the. 35 will stick out about a 1/2 inch. The width of your tire choice will also play apart.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock