T-Top P-Seals From Mustang Parts Supplier by canfirst
Started on: 10-14-2013 12:44 PM
Replies: 11 (1194 views)
Last post by: hnthomps on 02-08-2015 09:06 PM
canfirst

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 12:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I understand that Fiero T-Top P-seals are no longer available.
Check out the following source for P-seals made for Mustang T-Tops that appear to be quite similar.

http://www.cjponyparts.com/...d-1981-1988/p/WSTT8/
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I bought a set for my TTOP. I didn't get a chance to install them because the double sided tape crapped out on my before I could install. I kept them in the package for about 6 months and when I went to put them on the "sticky" was gone. They look to fit with some trimming around the "H" beam. The worst part is that the sticky was gone from the mounting side (to my car) but not from the rubber seal. If I could have gotten all of it off, i was going to put some new 3M tape on it.

Rob
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 04:52 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
canfirst

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 01:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for canfirstSend a Private Message to canfirstEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Does anyone know if "Super stik" automotive weatherstrip tape is available in Canada or if there's a comparable tape available? Thanks!
Jon350

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 10:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Jon350Send a Private Message to Jon350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think this type of weatherstrip tape is available at CanadianTire in many size.
fieroparts.com

Feedback score:    (57)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 185
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 11:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroparts.comClick Here to visit fieroparts.com's HomePageSend a Private Message to fieroparts.comEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by canfirst:

I understand that Fiero T-Top P-seals are no longer available.
Check out the following source for P-seals made for Mustang T-Tops that appear to be quite similar.

I had no idea (the real NOS style) Fiero p-seals were sold out! www.fieroparts.com

I have a set of the Mustang seals, I can tell you that are not the same. They are a bit wider and made of a rubber compound and do make it harder to get the Fiero T-tops on the car.
qwikgta

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for qwikgtaSend a Private Message to qwikgtaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TopNotch:

Make your own.

I've done this twice. Each time the "sticky" wears out and the foam will sag under the weight of the glass. It will last a few years but its not the best solution.

RJ
TopNotch

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 60
Rate this member

Report this Post10-16-2013 03:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TopNotchClick Here to visit TopNotch's HomePageSend a Private Message to TopNotchEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The foam should be beside the edge of the glass, not under it. Consider using a thinner foam. And be sure to use automotive insulating foam, not household foam. The adhesive is better on the automotive product.

[This message has been edited by TopNotch (edited 10-16-2013).]

jc8367

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 04:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jc8367Send a Private Message to jc8367Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Has anybody tried these p seals,
NightMare Cruiser

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-01-2015 08:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Dumb questions. Will this work with th'87 T-tops ?? If so does anyone have another picture of the p-seals installed without the glass in?? I have a '87 t-top and only strips on mine is the two "U" shaped strips under the glass.
NightMare Cruiser

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post02-07-2015 03:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NightMare CruiserSend a Private Message to NightMare CruiserEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

Dumb questions. Will this work with th'87 T-tops ?? If so does anyone have another picture of the p-seals installed without the glass in?? I have a '87 t-top and only strips on mine is the two "U" shaped strips under the glass.

BUMP??

PFF
System Bot
hnthomps

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 51
Rate this member

Report this Post02-08-2015 09:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for hnthompsSend a Private Message to hnthompsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by NightMare Cruiser:

I will try to take a picture tomorrow afternoon since I have an 87 Mera with C&C t-tops.

Pictures are posted below. If you want better ones send me a PM or e-mail and I will try to help out.

Nelson

[This message has been edited by hnthomps (edited 02-10-2015).]

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock