Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Is there a different EGR tube for the 1988 V6 engine?

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Is there a different EGR tube for the 1988 V6 engine? by silverfiero
Started on: 10-13-2013 05:18 PM
Replies: 3 (173 views)
Last post by: fierofool on 10-14-2013 09:09 AM
silverfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 05:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverfieroClick Here to visit silverfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to silverfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I finally got my Fiero running like it should over the weekend. I had the top plenum off a number of time over the past couple of years and since I had an extra EGR tube I thought I would put the new one on and keep the old one for a spare. I picked up a brand new one in the GM packaging quite a few years ago. When I compared it to my original from a 1987 2.8 V6, I saw that it was longer on the vertical section that connects under the plenum. I think I read somewhere that they are different for the 88's. Is that true or do I have a non-Fiero part? It also has a gasket with a restriction in it that noted that it should go on the plenum end. Can someone let me know what this is?

Thanks!

------------------
silverfiero
1986 silver SE
1986 silver SE convertible

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Formula88

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 554
Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 06:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Formula88Send a Private Message to Formula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
88 is different because the exhaust Y-pipe is shaped differently.
The Fiero Store has a flexible braided steel one that fits all years: http://fierostore.com/Product/Detail.aspx?s=67019

Expensive, but it should last. I've had one on my car for years.
silverfiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-13-2013 07:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for silverfieroClick Here to visit silverfiero's HomePageSend a Private Message to silverfieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks. I guess I've got one to sell since it won't fit either of my Fieros. Just wanted to be sure what I had.
fierofool

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 154
Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 09:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierofoolClick Here to visit fierofool's HomePageSend a Private Message to fierofoolEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Rodney Dickman also sells the EGR tube. Not braided, but still very good quality.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock