Anyone in the Las Vegas area? by mr_corean
Started on: 10-08-2013 04:01 PM
Replies: 10 (188 views)
Last post by: Kurtmylar702 on 04-12-2014 02:14 PM
mr_corean

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 04:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fairly new to Las Vegas and just picked up an '87 GT 5sdp. Didn't run but with a battery, new fuel pump, and new gas it is at least running. I have been out of Fieros for years now so it feels like I'm relearning them and could use some help with this one. I believe it has a bit of knock, but I'm not sure. It happens mostly in second gear at low RPMs when it is trying to build up power. Sounds kind of like a low pinging sound. Only does it once or twice and then stops. I have some issues with not everything being hooked up in the engine bay so that might have something to do with it too. Mainly the small cylinder next to the MAP sensor with two vacuum lines in and one out. Any ideas? Everything else I've owned that has knock always does it at high RPMs.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 07:08 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There is a large club in Las Vegas and they have like 45 parts cars on their club lot... look them up I'm sure they can help you!
Danyel

Feedback score:    (91)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 171
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 09:22 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DanyelClick Here to visit Danyel's HomePageSend a Private Message to DanyelEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You can visit their web site here Las Vagas Fiero Club

Also PFF member sardonyx247 is a member there..... great bunch of guys over there... had a excellent visit of their location last summer
regards
Danyel

------------------

My Build Thread
Tylers Toy

[This message has been edited by Danyel (edited 10-08-2013).]

mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 10:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Sent him an email, thanks for the link guys!
lou_dias

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 67
Rate this member

Report this Post10-08-2013 11:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for lou_diasSend a Private Message to lou_diasEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
as often as I go to Vegas (avg 4 times a year past couple of years) I still haven't visited them... I should do it next time...
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 11:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haven't heard anything from them and just noticed the latest update on the page is almost 5 years old. Anyone know the status of the Las Vegas club? I did manage to track down where their "yard" is though with google earth so I am going to drive over there and see if anyone is around.
FieroMontreal

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 12:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroMontrealSend a Private Message to FieroMontrealEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The site isn't updated but they are still around, I visited the place last year. It's still active and they are there often.

Great guys, and a really cool place to visit
mr_corean

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 08:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mr_coreanSend a Private Message to mr_coreanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Found them, thanks for the help gents!
josc916

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-10-2013 11:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for josc916Send a Private Message to josc916Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Im here in Las Vegas and they never meet yeah the yard is okay and all but its hard to buy parts from him
Fiero Vampire

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero VampireSend a Private Message to Fiero VampireEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi, I've been here in Vegas since 95 but just recently bought my current Fiero (haven't own one since the one I bought back in 89, so just getting back into the car again myself), I have to agree the guys down at the Fiero Club are good guys but the term Club currently seems to be used pretty loosely, was disappointed when I found out there's no meetings, cruises or get togethers of any kind. From what I've observed it's basically a Fiero salvage yard with a shop (if I'm wrong someone please correct me, not being negative just pointing out my observation) anyways as far as your question does it happen more under load?
Kurtmylar702

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post04-12-2014 02:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Kurtmylar702Send a Private Message to Kurtmylar702Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am in South Las Vegas out by St. Rose Hospital. They do have a Cars and Coffee off of Eastern ave that meets on Saturdays. I stop in there once and a while and show off and chat. It would be nice to have someone else to go with. Otherwise I have not seen a club out here yet. I have seen about five GT fastbacks in the last month so I know they are out there. I would love to meet up anytime just let me know.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock