MAYDAY!! by vrossiter
Started on: 10-04-2013 10:58 PM
Replies: 12 (885 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 01-03-2014 09:39 PM
vrossiter

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vrossiterSend a Private Message to vrossiterEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IT HAS BEEN FOUND!!!
Thank you to everyone who was willing to lend a hand. I knew that if I could get anybody to help and reach half way across the country, it would be the Fiero guys! I got a call about a week and a half ago from the local police where the car was kidnapped saying they had found the car. It was left about 40 miles south into Nebraska and was found by the NHP. Thank you to the Nebraska highway patrol. I haven't been able to see the car yet so I am unsure of what condition it truly is in. From what I was told, and he said he wasn't a car guy, is that they roached one of the tires, put on the spare (never shoulda left it in the damn car) and then blew that one out, too. I am holding out hope that it isn't as bad as I'm thinking. He said it looked like they 'messed up the bolts on the wheel'. What they didn't know, was that the clutch was going out (I've got the new one sitting in my garage), so hopefully the motor is intact. *fingers crossed* But apparently whatever case they were holding the car for is over because I got a call yesterday from the detective saying that they would like to arrange release and pick-up of the car. As soon as I can see the car, or put somebody next to it with a camera, I will try and post some pics of whatever damage there is. It doesn't sound like any of the glass is broken (they stole the *&^^%*&^ keys!!!) and didn't sound like any major body damage. So, we'll see. Thank you again to the whole Fiero community here. This truly is the group that gives when there is nothing to gain. Thanks, again, everyone. And I'll keep you posted!

Any help in this matter is greatly appreciated-
Its been awhile since I've been on here, but times are desperate, my Fiero was stolen this week from my mother-in-laws house in southeast South Dakota. It is believed to still be in the area but the person who we suspect has taken my car is known to have connections as far south as Nebraska City and Lincoln. The other possibility is that it has gone north to Sioux Falls. Now for the particulars-some of you may remember the car. It is a silver 87 GT with a 3800 swap. I don't have any pictures of the car on this computer as I am doing this from a friends. I will include a link to an archived thread from a few years ago when I had the swap done and we drove the car home. There are pics in the thread: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/A...20111-1-081274.html. There is no black on the car now, the moldings and mirrors have been painted silver to match and it has 2 blue stripes over the length of the car, off-center on the driver side. On the rear bumper on the passenger side is a cut-out for recessed emblems that are the 3800 Supercharged emblems from the series 2 3800 engine cover. If anyone here hears of parts for sale in this area, or the car pops up on someones craigslist, please please please message me or email at 87fierogtp@gmail.com. I'm throwing a lifeline with this, but, you never know.
Thank you to the forum.

[This message has been edited by vrossiter (edited 11-08-2013).]

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
n7vrz

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 11:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
In my personal opinion, they should do to car thieves what they used to do to horse thieves. Hang'em.
AL68

Feedback score:    (18)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 12:34 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AL68Send a Private Message to AL68Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
the link to the pics/thread does not work

I'll watch down here in Omaha, hopefully it doesn't show up as parts on Craigslist.

You can use Searchtempest to search all the
Craigslists in an area, found several good Fiero deals using it.

Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 01:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Good luck.

I f'n hate thieves.
johnyrottin

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for johnyrottinSend a Private Message to johnyrottinEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I tried the link but it didn't take me anywhere. Post up the VIN as well so we can be alerted. Maybe make a craigslist post saying it was stolen and anyone who sees it contact you. Most Fiero nuts will get the word.
I searched out some pics I think are of the car.

Let me know if these are correct. If they are wrong I can delete them. Don't forget to post up the VIN.

[This message has been edited by johnyrottin (edited 10-05-2013).]

TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 01:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n7vrz:

In my personal opinion, they should do to car thieves what they used to do to horse thieves. Hang'em.

X2.

Hope you get your car back.
Fiero_Fan_88

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 101
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 01:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fiero_Fan_88Send a Private Message to Fiero_Fan_88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Will be looking out.
retroman

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 02:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for retromanSend a Private Message to retromanEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My wife has family in Brookings. I'll see if I can get them to keep an eye out for you. Good luck, and I hope you get it back soon, and in one piece at that.
katatak

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 82
Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 09:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for katatakSend a Private Message to katatakEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'll be looking out for it as well!
jon m

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 07:44 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jon mSend a Private Message to jon mEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by n7vrz:

Castrate them first with a pocket knife and without any anisthetic !!!
PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-01-2014 05:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Any updates on the condition of the car?
PFF
System Bot
DKcustoms

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 09:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DKcustomsSend a Private Message to DKcustomsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
At first I was thinking you were about to be on an episode of Overhaulin'!
But then I noticed the date on the top of the thread.

What is the background story to your car being stolen?
Is there a thread somewhere or can someone fill me in?

I'm very curious and I am glad the car was found
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post01-03-2014 09:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The OP added the first paragraph onto the original post after the car was found..( no date). Start reading at paragraph #2....

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock