Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! (Page 2)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
Previous Page | Next Page
next newest topic | next oldest topic
The 2014 Daytona Beach Florida Fiero Show is Ready for You! by JohnWPB
Started on: 10-03-2013 05:22 AM
Replies: 334 (10758 views)
Last post by: Old Lar on 05-05-2014 07:18 PM
fierogtlt1

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-22-2014 10:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by fierogtlt1 (edited 02-15-2014).]

IP: Logged
olejoedad

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 11:57 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1:

Please change the following charity to sponsor....I don't want anything related to this show to help in any way with The Scleroderma Foundation....

Care to share why?

fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 10:45 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by olejoedad:

Care to share why?
I am the Pennocks and Central Florida Fieros member that is dying from Scleroderma and awaiting a lung transplant in the near future that the show is contributing to The Scleroderma Foundation.
But I have seen how certain "Vendors" have treated and talked about the previous show cordinators and I would rather die and not get my
Lung Transplant than to have The Scleroderma Foundation accept money from them at all.Thank You..

carbon

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 132
Rate this member

Report this Post01-23-2014 11:17 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I am the Pennocks and Central Florida Fieros member that is dying from Scleroderma and awaiting a lung transplant in the near future that the show is contributing to The Scleroderma Foundation.
But I have seen how certain "Vendors" have treated and talked about the previous show cordinators and I would rather die and not get my
Lung Transplant than to have The Scleroderma Foundation accept money from them at all.Thank You..

Dude... you need to back away from the keyboard. You are going off just like you did on me in you center console skeleton thread... you obviously have no idea who you're talking about or understand the concerns of the people you are now trying to defame.

You would rather die than take money from them... for disagreeing on how a car show was organized? Even after those still involved worked it all out and are on good terms now? That's insane.

[This message has been edited by carbon (edited 01-23-2014).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 09:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

But I have seen how certain "Vendors" have treated and talked about the previous
show cordinators and I would rather die and not get my

I hope your transplant comes about quickly and successful in all regards.

Hang in there and keep your spirits up.

[This message has been edited by olejoedad (edited 01-24-2014).]

randye

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 216
Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 01:14 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierogtlt1

WHY are you doing this?

Like I told you in the other thread where you started this, (and Cliff closed it down thankfully), you just need to offer JimmyS a sincere apology and be DONE with this.
Everyone else seems to be moving on, except you.
WHY?

------------------

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-24-2014).]

VikingRedBaron

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-24-2014 07:58 PM Click Here to See the Profile for VikingRedBaronSend a Private Message to VikingRedBaronEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by randye:

The GT in your signature must be a sweet looking car in person
rpro

Feedback score:    (16)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 76
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 07:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Randye,

Are we going to make it over this year?
carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 12:03 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by VikingRedBaron:

The GT in your signature must be a sweet looking car in person

Fierotech

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FierotechClick Here to visit Fierotech's HomePageSend a Private Message to FierotechEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Unfortunately I rarely have time to get on Pennock's, but I posted this in the events thread; I don't know if it gets much traffic, so I'll leave this here too.

Thank you.
------------------------------------------

Glad to see this event still going...unfortunately our swapmeet is still on hold for so many reasons.

I made a post with a link to fieroevents.com on our Facebook page, hope it helps.

If there is anything we here at TFF can do to help, let me know. We are good for some gift certificates, just let me know where to send them.

We are going to try to make it down, depending on our workload and funds. My hopes are all that would want to come to the swapmeet can instead gather in Florida, and bring those attendance numbers back up. We know how disheartening it is first hand to put on a show and have a small turnout, as that is one of the reasons the swapmeet is on hold.

Anyway, hope to see a big turnout for you guys, call me if we can help!

Thank you--
Jeremy B.
TFF

------------------

[This message has been edited by Fierotech (edited 01-25-2014).]

JohnWPB

Feedback score:    (21)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 144
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 01:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
@ Jeremy/ FieroTech: Thanks for the Facebook link. I do hope your swap meet is able to happen this year. In regards to a gift certificate, or any donations , PM sent and MANY THANKS!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 02-04-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by rpro:

Randye,

Are we going to make it over this year?

Things with the race team have changed a bit temporarily so I don't plan on going to the St. Petersburg Grand Prix Indy Car race this year which was always conflicting with Daytona show. SO...I am *seriously* considering attending Daytona again this year after a long absence.
If I'm going to do that I have a HUGE amount of work I want to get done in a short amount of time, including FINALLY getting THIS installed:

...and a few other "goodies" that have waited WAY too long to be screwed into place.....

I also have the added problem of my new employer enjoying sending me down to the Dominican Republic for a week at a time on a moments notice, (we have a factory down there), so I could have my plans changed FOR me at any time.

All excuses now made, I'll leave it at: *I want to be there and I am going to give it a helluva try!*

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-25-2014).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 02:55 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Your car looks amazing now, I cant wait to see it with the new F355 Front end! I have the same bumper, (Almost the same, I have the one piece bumper without the seam from Fiero Fiberglass) and I am curious to see what you do for fog lights and the center grill.

@Will: Talk about slacking! Move the Seattle meeting to the following week and join us! I was hoping you were going to be able to make it to Daytona this year. I guess the next time I see you then will be in Frazee for the 5th Annual Tyler Shipman Memorial Car Show. You ARE going to the 5th Annual. If you did not know that yet, you do now, so plan accordingly

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-27-2014).]

infinitewill

Feedback score:    (55)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 85
Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 05:40 PM Click Here to See the Profile for infinitewillSend a Private Message to infinitewillEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by infinitewill (edited 08-30-2016).]

rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 07:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here are your classes:

Stock Level One:

No upgrades allowed in this class. Cars must sport factory rims, paint and audio system. 20% or less of total body paint spot-in allowed.
Drivetrain must be original with no modifications
Interior must retain OEM fabric, panels and instrumentation

Stock Level Two:

Basically a stock Fiero, but repaints are allowed, assuming it is a color that was offered on rhe car from the factory.
Upgraded audiotronics permitted in this class, but will not include power amps and/or sub woofers that occupy either front or rear
storage areas.
Aftermarket seat covers permitted.
Instrumentation must remain stock in appearance. (example = no gauge overlays or LED back-lighting

Custom Notchback:

All cars that retain a GM 60° engine and drivetrain, but might have aftermarket wheels, repaint, scoops, or custom interior fall into this class automatically.
Engine upgrades allowed in this class providing it is based on the original 60° family of engines, i.e, 2.8, 3.1 or 3.4 PR.

Custom Fastback:

All cars that retain a GM 60° engine and drivetrain, but might have aftermarket wheels, repaint, scoops, or custom interior fall into this class automatically.
Engine upgrades allowed in this class providing it is based on the original 60° family of engines, i.e, 2.8, 3.1 or 3.4 PR.

Modified Notchback:

Any Fiero that has undergone an engine conversion is automatically designated as modified. Body and interior modifications
are irrelevant in this class, it is soley based on drivetrain conversions.

Modified Fastback:

Any Fiero that has undergone an engine conversion is automatically designated as modified. Body and interior modifications
are irrelevant in this class, it is soley based on drivetrain conversions.

Choptops and kitcars.

When the bodylines of a Fiero are radically altered to no longer resemble the original car, it falls into the chop and kit class. Powertrain is irrelevant in this class.

Daily Driver, AKA work in progress:

This class was created to encourage people to enter their cars, even if they aren't show quality. This class will include everything from work cars to project cars. If it starts and runs, this is the class for you.

Display Only:

A non-judged group of cars for those who simply have no desire to compete.

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 01-26-2014).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here are your classes:

with the exception of a 3.1 or 3.4 PR that retains a stock appearance.

OK...Let me be the one to start askin' the rules questions
(You HAD to know it was comin'...)

Is THIS a "stock appearance"?
(HINT: It's a 2.8 underneath all the manifolds....)

Is THIS a "stock appearance" ?
(HINT: It's a 3.4...)

Precisely what constitutes a "stock" appearance" for a drivetrain if there hasn't been an engine swap outside of what you have defined?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-26-2014).]

randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 10:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

randye

13819 posts
Member since Mar 2006

Here are your classes:

Chops, IMSA and Rebody:

When the bodylines of a Fiero are altered to no longer resemble the original car, it falls into the rebody class. This also includes choptops and stretched chassis to accomodate body kits. Powertrain is irrelevant in this class.

More questions if you please

Here we have 2 Fieros as they appeared at the Daytona show a few years ago.
One is obviously mine and the other belonged to a now infamous former Pennocks member, (but thats another story)

A strict reading of the rules: "the bodylines of a Fiero are altered to no longer resemble the original car" would mean that BOTH of the cars pictured above would be placed in the "Chops, IMSA and Rebody" class would they not?
My orange car has non-original side scoops bodywork and the radio antenna is removed and the hole in the fender filled.
The gray car has a similar mods to mine with the addition of a bolt on Fi355 nose, hood vents, alternate side mirrors and custom rocker panels.
BOTH cars are in the strictest sense no longer stock appearing, only to different degrees.

The question now becomes, at what specific point are "the bodylines of a Fiero altered to no longer resemble the original car"?

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-26-2014).]

Indydreamcar

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-25-2014 11:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for IndydreamcarSend a Private Message to IndydreamcarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
We've booked the hotel!!! Now to decide which Fiero makes the trip from North Carolina.

Like new 14,000 mile 1987 GT ....or 55,000 mile barn find Indy that's in perfect mechanical shape but original & rough around the edges cosmetically??
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 07:47 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Randye,

I have revised the text to make it more concise. Your orange car would be in custom fastback. The grey car would be in modified fastback due to it's engine conversion.

Robert
JimmyS

Feedback score:    (31)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 124
Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JimmySClick Here to visit JimmyS's HomePageSend a Private Message to JimmySEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

[This message has been edited by JimmyS (edited 01-26-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-26-2014 10:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Randye,

I have revised the text to make it more concise. Your orange car would be in custom fastback. The grey car would be in modified fastback due to it's engine conversion.

Robert

Robert,

Thanks.
And thanks for taking my rhetorical questions in the spirit in which they were meant.
Having done it a few times before, I know that crafting the rules is not an easy task and you WILL have challenges, complainers and unhappy people. It always happens.
The spectrum of custom and conversion work on Fieros is so broad that you can't create enough individual classes to properly suit them all so it's obvious that there are going to be cars put into classes that some folks are not going to be pleased about. It's unavoidable I think, but for the most part the classes you have now appear to be well thought out at this point but may need some "tweaking", (as you have done), to clarify things.
Better to do it now than to haggle it out on the field at Daytona though !
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 01:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This is the 30 day warning for booking room at the group rate!

The show is now officially 2 months away, but the special rate of $69 will go up to $119 on February 28th.

More sponsors have stepped up to the plate this week, and this means more FREE door prizes to be given out. We would like to thank the latest sponsors; they are The Fiero Factory, Mr. Mikes Upholstery & The Fiero Store. Each person attending the show will sign in at the show booth, and then be given 1 ticket for a chance to win a door prize. Again, there will be a few items raffled off to cover miscellaneous show costs. Money left over after these costs will be donated to the charity.

Also, to mention again, we will be giving goody bags away when you sign in as well, however to receive one, you MUST preregister on the website, so we can prepare the correct amount of bags.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 05:39 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

For the most part the classes you have now appear to be well thought out at this point but may need some "tweaking", (as you have done), to clarify things.
Better to do it now than to haggle it out on the field at Daytona though !

To be honest, a person can compete in just about any class they want at this show. The purpose is to have fun, not fight with somebody over rules. I once travelled across the country to attend the GM Nationals in Carlisle in a 87 GT with a 3.4 PR upgrade. I was forced into the modified class where I stood zero cnance of competing. I swore I would never force people into that situation by being so rigid on the rules. These classes are a mere guideline for those that aren't quite sure. but if somebody pulls in with a chopped Fiero that has no other modifications, they could register in the stock class if they so desire. My intentions are to place people in the best possible position to be competitive, not be an iron fisted rule enforcer. Haha

[This message has been edited by rpro (edited 01-27-2014).]

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 07:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

To be honest, a person can compete in just about any class they want at this show. The purpose is to have fun, not fight with somebody over rules. I once travelled across the country to attend the GM Nationals in Carlisle in a 87 GT with a 3.4 PR upgrade. I was forced into the modified class where I stood zero cnance of competing. I swore I would never force people into that situation by being so rigid on the rules. These classes are a mere guideline for those that aren't quite sure. but if somebody pulls in with a chopped Fiero that has no other modifications, they could register in the stock class if they so desire. My intentions are to place people in the best possible position to be competitive, not be an iron fisted rule enforcer. Haha

Uh, you might want to rethink that statement.....
Define the classes, stick with the rules, or you may have a lot of bickering about who is in what class and why.
Just a tip...........

Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 07:26 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Honestly the classes aren't bad , but as soon as you add engine swaps to a category cars without an engine swap has slim to no chance of winning due to the swap overshadowing everything else even if a gorgeous example of the car. There is no easy answer , but i always felt that it was unfair. I always felt there should be stock with body and interior mods, bolt on type class, for lack of a better name, then a class for modified cars engine swaps chops, wide body's interior work, or heavily modified class and one in between the stock with mods class and the heavy mod class for cars with an engine swap but not heavily modified. I won't be able to attend this year, but hope to attend and volunteer next year once I've moved down to Florida in may June time frame.
Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:27 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
With a few Fieros remaining stock after all these years, classifying cars with various modifications will become a big challenge. Initially my 88 GT was stock, then a 3.1 engine which looked like a stock engine. Stock car owners complained that it was modified, modified owners complained that it looked stock. When the 3.4 and 440t was installed in, there was more complaints. I ended up adding wood grained panels on the dash and added a hood graphic, so then it was custom, now it has Mr. Mikes seats and a chin spoiler and no longer care what class it gets put in as I have a crap load of trophies and no longer have a place to put them.
randye

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 12:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for randyeClick Here to visit randye's HomePageSend a Private Message to randyeEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

If thats your attitude, then why even have all the classes to begin with?

Just craft a score sheet like some of the big car shows have done here in Florida based the "Concours style" that focuses on the "basics" and on cleanliness and award a fixed number of bronze, silver or gold awards without respect to class.

Reserve a few "Best" awards, (like best engine, best interior, peoples choice, etc.), and a single "Best of Show" and be done with it.

NEVER underestimate the complaining power of the "trophy hunters" when it comes to car shows.
One of the biggest bitching points in the past about the Daytona show was when the judging was done away with.
Even when the "popular voting", or "peoples choice" system was put in place at the Daytona show for a couple of years, there was STILL a lot of pissing and moaning about THAT.
Apparently there is a group of Fiero owners that insist on a "properly judged car show" at Daytona or they refuse to attend.
I guess we shall see if reinstating the judging and all the classes brings em back.....

One thing I can tell you from experience though, if you don't get your rules nailed down NOW and make them as fair as humanly possible and crystal clear and stick to them, whoever is running the judging and awards at Daytona is going to have a MISERABLE weekend.

For the record, I will not be competing. "Just for show" is good enough for me. I have enough trophies and plaques.

[This message has been edited by randye (edited 01-27-2014).]

carbon

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 01:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for carbonSend a Private Message to carbonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

NEVER underestimate the complaining power of the "trophy hunters" when it comes to car shows.

Q. F. T.
Alex4mula

Feedback score:    (11)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 153
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Alex4mulaSend a Private Message to Alex4mulaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Let's all make this a show to meet, gather and share good times. Please....! If I was a new Fiero member and see this thread I would be afraid to attend.
2002z28ssconv

Feedback score:    (27)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 50
Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 06:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2002z28ssconvClick Here to visit 2002z28ssconv's HomePageSend a Private Message to 2002z28ssconvEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Here's the thing about complaints... Anybody who has a complaint about how Robert makes the rules, has had ample time to sign up and offer their own opinions. Months ago, we requested input. In fact, if you still want to, head on over to our web site and sign up. You'll get access to the private forum where we discuss such issues and bounce ideas off of each other. But time's about up. We got about 20 people to sign up to give their opinions and help mold the next Daytona Fiero gathering. Out of those people, about 5 or 6 have actually participated.

I'll bring a suggestion box for next year's gathering. We'll read the comments and will surely pay attention to any that are constructive. Anybody complaining about how things got run this year should be directed to the suggestion box. I for one will not be taking any personal complaints that weekend. Add it to the box.

I don't mean that to be snippy or anything. It's just the way it is. Please understand, I am a very honest and blunt person. I'm not going to tell you something that I don't believe. It may not seem very "nice" sometimes but don't take it personally. Brutal honesty baby.

The few guys that have spent countless hours preparing for this event deserve nothing less than a standing ovation. They certainly don't deserve to be harassed by people who enjoy complaining while doing nothing constructive to enhance the experience. They stepped up when others stepped back. We could not have done this without Robert, John and Tony. Yes there have been others but these guys really deserve the credit. Go ahead and give me the blame.

Let's end on a positive note. This year will have a couple activities from the past. But there are a few new ones you might not want to miss too. We'll have the complete list publicized real soon.

Question (and a bit of a tease) ... Anybody bringing a nice Indy by chance?

***Edit*** I read that and wanted to be clear that this comment was not aimed at anybody posting here. I was referring to people who would be complaining on the day of the show.

[This message has been edited by 2002z28ssconv (edited 01-27-2014).]

PFF
System Bot
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It's all good, guys. I appreciate the tips and suggestions and will definitely keep them in mind as we go forward. The classes we are using are pretty much a carbon copy of the classes MAFOA used for years at Carlisle. I might be a wee bit flexible in extreme circumstances, but by and large what you see above are the official 2014 rules.

Also, there will be numerous specialty awards and a best of show award, so fear not little soldiers :> )
JohnWPB

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 11:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JohnWPBClick Here to visit JohnWPB's HomePageSend a Private Message to JohnWPBEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I got a note today saying they had not registered for the show, as they were not bringing a Fiero. I am sorry, we never made that clear really. It does not matter of you are bringing a Fiero to the show or not ( I hope that you are )

We kindly ask beg you to pre-register for many reasons:

• To tell us how many goody bags we need to make up (You do have to pre-register to receive one)
  • To tell us if you are staying at the host hotel or not (Helps us track of rooms booked to see if we need to add more to the block before it's too late)
  • If you are planning on attending the breakfast, cruise, dinner or other activities (To make reservations and plan for the correct number of people)
  • and a few other items just to try to pre-plan as much as possible so things go smoothly.

As soon as people register, I add them to a custom Google map. Here is the latest map of people who have registered on the website:
(Note when zoomed in, the push pins are not at the persons address, but centered only on their town)

Here is a link to the custom map, you can zoom in and see where events in Daytona are being held, right down to where to park inside the track for the show!

[This message has been edited by JohnWPB (edited 01-27-2014).]

PatrickTRoof

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-27-2014 11:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickTRoofSend a Private Message to PatrickTRoofEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
All I know is, I'm glad that there is a "daily driver/work in progress" class, because now I can enter my car!
fierogtlt1

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-28-2014 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierogtlt1Send a Private Message to fierogtlt1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by JimmyS:

JimmyS you have a PM..

Old Lar

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 214
Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Old LarSend a Private Message to Old LarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I received the Spring Turkey Run registration card in the mail today.
rpro

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-29-2014 08:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rproSend a Private Message to rproEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

That's a good sign. What car are you taking this year? Christine's offer to drive somebody's extra Fiero still stands, otherwise I'll just let her and Kevin drive my Formula.

87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-30-2014 10:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Old Lar:

should be receiving mine any day now...
87GT2M6

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 08:25 AM Click Here to See the Profile for 87GT2M6Send a Private Message to 87GT2M6Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
would it be possible to take a few laps 2 or 3 around the track at 80-90mph? and if not what would it take to do so ?

Love to try something like I've seen on youtube: Fiero at Road America, what a course. We just don't have anything like that in Florida that I know of, so doing a few laps at Daytona would be a great experience.

olejoedad

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post01-31-2014 08:41 AM Click Here to See the Profile for olejoedadSend a Private Message to olejoedadEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Capitol City Fiero's was fortunate to be able to do just that at Michigan International Speedway for several years. Unfortunately, our last opportunity to be on the track was in 2012.
The change came about when MIS was bought by the group that owns Daytona.......

Don't see it happening at Daytona during a car show that attracts thousands of cars..........
Previous Page | Next Page

This topic is 9 pages long:  1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9 
next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock