88 Fiero sticker shock. by aFiero
Started on: 10-02-2013 09:34 PM
Replies: 21 (799 views)
Last post by: Patrick on 10-04-2013 07:13 PM
aFiero

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:34 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aFieroSend a Private Message to aFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
There seems to be a nice looking 88 Formula for sale.
http://seattle.craigslist.o.../cto/4073191069.html
He says all reasonable offers accepted.

------------------
-Andrew's Garage
1986 SE 2M6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:36 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
looks like He is going to be selling that car for a long time.
aFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:41 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aFieroSend a Private Message to aFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm just checking out the market for Fiero's -- I don't think they can be that expensive, so I have to ask. Are the prices for a Fiero going up quite a bit?

http://seattle.craigslist.o.../cto/4064186848.html

EDIT:
http://bellingham.craigslis.../cto/4098334958.html

------------------
-Andrew's Garage
1986 SE 2M6
2012 Kawasaki Ninja 650

[This message has been edited by aFiero (edited 10-02-2013).]

Patrick

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 458
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

He's dropped the original $20,000 asking price a whole $500.

We discussed that Fiero in our local club forum a month ago Here.
aFiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for aFieroSend a Private Message to aFieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Patrick:

He's dropped the original $20,000 asking price a whole $500.

We discussed that Fiero in our local club forum a month ago Here.

Yeah, I did run across that later in the list. Are we all about to strike it rich on our cars?
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 09:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by aFiero:

Are the prices for a Fiero going up quite a bit?

Nothing's changed. There have always been sellers who overprice their cars hoping to find a sucker buyer.
FieroCanada

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 10:04 PM Click Here to See the Profile for FieroCanadaSend a Private Message to FieroCanadaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Wow that is a clean car.
to bad its a auto and 20,000 lol.
Raydar

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 460
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:56 AM Click Here to See the Profile for RaydarSend a Private Message to RaydarEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Look carefully. It doesn't even have A/C.
That might fly in Seattle, but it would be all but useless here.

------------------
Raydar
88 Formula IMSA Fastback. 4.9, NVG T550

Praise the Lowered!

bjc 350

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 12:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for bjc 350Send a Private Message to bjc 350Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I watch the Northwest Craigslist private party, cars for sale, almost every day. I too have noticed that lately there has been some really optimistic pricing of some Fiero's, not just 88s. To add to this, I finally sold my 88 GT last month. It had 123,000 miles, but was unmolested, all stock, automatic, and had been repainted on the front nose, fenders, hood, roof and rear spoiler. There were a few minor scuffs on the original paint, but showed nicely. I originally asked $4995, then $4795,and finally sold at $4600 with non working air, but a nice interior with new headliner. It took several months and a few no show, email, lowball offers. Only two people came to look at it, the first non buyer said it was "too nice" since he was going to use it as a daily driver. Sold a lot of cars through the years and never heard that one before. Buyer drove about 3 1/2 hours with his family and bought it immediately. It was purchased for the 17 year old son. Their 19 year old son already had a Fiero. There may be some hope for this graying car hobby, if youngsters are driving them!

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:02 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Raydar:

Look carefully. It doesn't even have A/C.
That might fly in Seattle, but it would be all but useless here.

Raydar, it might surprise you (or maybe not ) to learn that one of the first things I did to the '88 Formula I recently acquired was to to remove all the A/C components.

I can't stand A/C, so as far as I was concerned it was dead weight that would only slow me down at autocross.

I brought the car up from Washington State, but it was originally from Knoxville, Tennessee.

One option the Formula doesn't have which I really miss is a rear window defogger.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-03-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 114
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 03:00 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Raydar, it might surprise you (or maybe not ) to learn that one of the first things I did to the '88 Formula I recently acquired was to to remove all the A/C components.

I can't stand A/C, so as far as I was concerned it was dead weight that would only slow me down at autocross.

I brought the car up from Washington State, but it was originally from Knoxville, Tennessee.

One option the Formula doesn't have which I really miss is a rear window defogger.

I don't think that would surprise anyone since you live in Canada. Move to Hotlanta, and I'm betting you won't think it's dead weight anymore.

Jim

PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 03:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by jimbolaya:

I don't think that would surprise anyone since you live in Canada.

You might be surprised how hot it can get in parts of Canada in the summer. We occasionally have trouble keeping our igloos from melting.

Seriously though, A/C is quite common in cars up here. However, I've personally never liked cold air blowing on me. I'd rather sweat a bit.

A friend of mine has taken all my discarded A/C components and put them in his '88 Formula which never originally came with A/C. His rationale is that being "cool" in his car at the track next summer will help his times, despite the fact that he's now weighed his car down with an additional hundred pounds of gear. I expect to be beating him badly next year at autocross.

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-05-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yep, I'm fully aware of the seasons in Canada. Fall, Winter, Spring, and July 4th. Don't even try and compare a Canadian summer to that of Hotlanta.

Jim
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Don't even try and compare a Canadian summer to that of Hotlanta.

Here's something interesting...

The highest ever recorded temperature for Atlanta, GeorgIa - 106° F

The highest ever recorded temperature for a location in Canada - 113° F

Bet you're surprised, eh?

[This message has been edited by Patrick (edited 10-03-2013).]

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 06:38 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
You're nothing if not persistent. Saskatchewan had a freak day of 113*. Atlanta stays in the 90's all summer, and has several 100* days all the time. You're comparing apples and oranges, and I'm not stupid. Your comparison is like me trying to say it's brutally cold in Virginia Beach, just because, one day, 100 years ago it was -15*.

Jim

[This message has been edited by jimbolaya (edited 10-03-2013).]

Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 10:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

You're comparing apples and oranges, and I'm not stupid.

I try to have some fun with some little known facts, after you started the exchange... and then you get ticked.

Damn, sorry I said anything.

I don't think that would surprise anyone since you live in Canada.

solotwo

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 62
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 11:09 PM Click Here to See the Profile for solotwoSend a Private Message to solotwoEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The heat must have got to him. Last summer we had a week of 100 degree weather in Michigan
TONY_C

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 10:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TONY_CSend a Private Message to TONY_CEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Here's something interesting...

The highest ever recorded temperature for Atlanta, GeorgIa - 106° F

The highest ever recorded temperature for a location in Canada - 113° F

Bet you're surprised, eh?

Factor in humidity and I'd bet that 106 degrees in GA feels like 126.

Fformula88

Feedback score: (4)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 116
Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:06 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Fformula88Send a Private Message to Fformula88Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Way too much.

One just sold locally here (well Rochester) with 32K miles. Asking price was $3200. I am not sure how much he actually got, but took him all summer to sell it.
92wastheyear

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 92wastheyearSend a Private Message to 92wastheyearEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TONY_C:

Factor in humidity and I'd bet that 106 degrees in GA feels like 126.

Actually you are incorrect, it feels like ....a billion

jimbolaya

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 01:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for jimbolayaSend a Private Message to jimbolayaEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I'm not ticked Patrick. I just thought it was odd how the thread turned into a "convince me the sun is blue" thread. Im still not surprised about 113 in Saskatchewan either. Nothing surprises me much anymore.

Jim
PFF
System Bot
Patrick

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-04-2013 07:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PatrickSend a Private Message to PatrickEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

I just thought it was odd how the thread turned into a "convince me the sun is blue" thread.

Perhaps that's how you interpreted it, but I had no such illusions.

I just thought it was pretty interesting that some little hick town up here in the frozen north had reached a higher summer temperature than ever recorded way down south in Atlanta, Georgia. And it wasn't even close... a difference of 7° F.

I apologize for trying to interject something different than the same old same old. What the hell was I thinking, eh?

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock