Started on: 10-01-2013 01:10 PM
Replies: 10 (468 views)
Last post by: Australian on 10-15-2013 07:11 AM
Rare87GT

Feedback score:    (7)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 173
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 01:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
This weekend I am planning on going back out to the track to make some passes since it's the yearly Pontiac Uprising here in Wichita. Weather should be really nice in the upper 50's lower 60's. Should be really ideal weather for some good passes. Last time I was at the track I went a 11.86 @ 114.86mph on a 1.66 60ft. I'm going to be on the same tires as last time and only a few small mods have changed but they are for the better. I upgraded to a 5% overdrive SFI balancer with the same 2.8" pulley on a Gen V blower and I'm intercooled.

So basically the only changes are going to be 5% overdrive SFI balancer from ZZP and I'm also going to be running race gas instead of 91 and going to bump up the timing from 16 degrees to around 20-22 degrees. I'm not sure how much of a change it will really give me with 6 more degrees, but I was hoping some. My goal is to run some 11.50's, but I know that relies on my 60ft more than anything. Will I see much more of a trap speed? If I can trap 116 or 117 I would be pleased. Guesses?

------------------

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

This weekend I am planning on going back out to the track to make some passes since it's the yearly Pontiac Uprising here in Wichita. Weather should be really nice in the upper 50's lower 60's. Should be really ideal weather for some good passes. Last time I was at the track I went a 11.86 @ 114.86mph on a 1.66 60ft. I'm going to be on the same tires as last time and only a few small mods have changed but they are for the better. I upgraded to a 5% overdrive SFI balancer with the same 2.8" pulley on a Gen V blower and I'm intercooled.

So basically the only changes are going to be 5% overdrive SFI balancer from ZZP and I'm also going to be running race gas instead of 91 and going to bump up the timing from 16 degrees to around 20-22 degrees. I'm not sure how much of a change it will really give me with 6 more degrees, but I was hoping some. My goal is to run some 11.50's, but I know that relies on my 60ft more than anything. Will I see much more of a trap speed? If I can trap 116 or 117 I would be pleased. Guesses?

Cooler weather will be ur biggest helper....Tuning for the race gas will be the next biggest helper...Good luck and be sure to get video of the runs..

thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 11:20 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I guess 11.63
thismanyfieros

Feedback score:    (15)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 120
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 11:21 AM Click Here to See the Profile for thismanyfierosSend a Private Message to thismanyfierosEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

thismanyfieros

3468 posts
Member since Dec 2002
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
60 foots are where its at as you know

I had a crap 60 foot. 2.0 netted me 12.7@112... my traps ranged from 112-114. First gear is a royal pain to launch when you have torque

I think you'll hit lower with cooler weather can't say what.

as for me I still got a damn surge up top in 3rd and 4th gear, been chasing it for years with no results grrrr...I did have a WRX STi jump me but after I hit 2nd I pulled him entire track

good luck!

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 05:23 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah 60ft is always my friend on Nitto Drag Radials. I think I can cut a 1.60 if I can really get the tires sticky. The new lateral links may make a difference on the launch, but not sure yet until I try. The 5% overdrive balancer is supposed to be like going down a pulley size. So instead of a 2.8" pulley, it's like I'm running a 2.65" or 2.7" Which should be around another pound of boost too. We will see what I can run if all goes well I will be at the track running some passes at the Pontiac Uprising at our local drag strip Saturday morning. I'll keep you guys posted.

[This message has been edited by Rare87GT (edited 10-03-2013).]

Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-05-2013 05:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think I did what I said I would on the 60ft, but couldn't go faster than Lildevil! Haha. I will have to try again another time, but for now I'm really happy. Here's the slip.

R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 10:38 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Congratulations Amir! That is a good time for any car. Better yet... it was in a Fiero you built!
Rare87GT

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-06-2013 12:30 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Rare87GTSend a Private Message to Rare87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

Congratulations Amir! That is a good time for any car. Better yet... it was in a Fiero you built!

Thank you Paul! I appreciate the nice words!
DLCLK87GT

Feedback score:    (9)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-14-2013 09:33 PM Click Here to See the Profile for DLCLK87GTSend a Private Message to DLCLK87GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by Rare87GT:

I think I did what I said I would on the 60ft, but couldn't go faster than Lildevil! Haha. I will have to try again another time, but for now I'm really happy. Here's the slip.

Do you have a thread on your build? I really like your car and have stolen some of your "looks" for my formula. I plan on doing a swap some day and would like to know what you've done to yours. thanks !
Australian

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-15-2013 07:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for AustralianClick Here to visit Australian's HomePageSend a Private Message to AustralianEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The mods you made will lose gain in warmer weather. just kidding. The thing is it is all about the the day and all conditions all the way down to foot ware.
PFF
System Bot

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock