Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  anyone up for doing a turbo for me next year? :)

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
anyone up for doing a turbo for me next year? :) by LoW_KeY
Started on: 09-30-2013 09:54 PM
Replies: 6 (315 views)
Last post by: LoW_KeY on 10-03-2013 01:15 PM
LoW_KeY

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 150
Rate this member

Report this Post09-30-2013 09:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ok I know dark does them.

We've talked a bit here and there.. not a whole lot.

I still have the chugging up top on mine and am stumped But I hit the strip one last time this year and it did ok... I'm happy can't argue

I don't know if anyone else in michigan turbo's. I planned on using tax loot to do final build. I guess I want to do this before I lose my vision completely (long story.)

I know there'd be quite a bit involved, as I know the 5 spd probably wouldn't handle the torque abuse from the turbo. That being said not sure what all I could let go off the L67.

I figured this...

2 m90 superchargers - 1 with N* fully ported and 2.8 south florida pulley, other charger 98 TB with 3.0 ZZP pulley system less then 40k on blower.
WCF Headers for 3800
5 speed getrag LSD w/ 284 spider gears.

I know its way early to be posting, but like I said I'm dead set on getting this done and finding someone that would have the know how's to do a good system. Day's of me doing my crap lately don't exist, no garage tools and again my vision. Could pick up who know's but I'm not to positive lately.

Let's talk PM me I was thinking late spring summer 2014. For those that know me if i'm set on something I'm going to get it done. Let's talk

------------------

3800 SC/IC Formula whines more than your girl... 12.7@113
08 Cobalt SS TC - ZZP tuned, K&N SRI, 6k HID's 13.31@107
07 HHR - Wifes (tried to have her get the SS)

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
darkhorizon

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-01-2013 12:29 PM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Its a big project for me to commit to. Im not the type that takes on a job he is not sure he can finish in a timely manner, so put me down as a maybe, and i'll pencil you in for march/april/may next year.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 12:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
sounds like a plan.. so what exactly is all involved? when converting super to turbo? half debating on keeping the manual for now, but on other hand I figure why blow it up when I could sell it.

I'm going to start setting funds aside. I'll be in no huge rush, I'll have the cobalt to drive when fiero's down. I'll have to invest in better tires too.

I would try to solve my whole surging issue with the car but I figure why bother if I'm getting it switched...
PBJ

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 147
Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 01:46 PM Click Here to See the Profile for PBJSend a Private Message to PBJEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

half debating on keeping the manual for now, ...

I could not imagine trying to plan for or even attempting shifting when all I am really am doing is blinking the blur out of my eyes as my retinas are trying to keep up with my eyeballs. Remember you can be doing over 100 MPH in 1/8 th of a mile!!!

I would not want mine stick. My DD is stick so that is not the problem.

Pete

------------------

88 3800 turbo...10 sec Quarter Mile Member.

LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-02-2013 02:26 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Supercharger is horrible too.... I know its not as bad as turbo gearing is just not right. I know turbos spool hang on!!
darkhorizon

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 451
Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 10:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for darkhorizonSend a Private Message to darkhorizonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by LoW_KeY:

sounds like a plan.. so what exactly is all involved?

Everything.. and nothing....

The fact that you may want to swap to an auto, basically means that you want to do a 3800 swap from scratch... While you have the motor in there physically.... almost all of the "swap stuff" (wiring, mounts, axles, exhaust) has to be done yet. Honestly it wouldnt be much different or at all different if you brought a stock fiero over here.

Not trying to sway you at all, but it is a bit harder than it may sound.
LoW_KeY

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post10-03-2013 01:15 PM Click Here to See the Profile for LoW_KeYSend a Private Message to LoW_KeYEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Ouch...

Not at all. I know the swap is pretty involved... chargers really nothing to slap those on. The turbo has all the plumbing etc.

I planned on going auto, local fiero guy around here said he might be interested in my trans.. told him rebuilt with 284 spider gears LSD. He has a 4, but wants the 2.8

I talked to ZZP about doiing it they said turbo setup is 2 grand, plus that wouldn't involve tranny et.c.

I just figure why not do something like this before my other eye takes a crap

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock