Pennock's Fiero Forum
  General Fiero Chat
  Started driving my Fiero daily again....

Email This Page to Someone! | Printable Version

next newest topic | next oldest topic
Started driving my Fiero daily again.... by R Runner
Started on: 09-26-2013 08:10 PM
Replies: 14 (383 views)
Last post by: TheDigitalAlchemist on 09-28-2013 03:44 PM
R Runner

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 98
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 08:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
About 2 years ago I started having to drive a lot for work and haul raw castings (transmission parts) to a shop about 2 hours away. The A/C in my 87 GT had not been working for a while and I work in a die casting facility (very HOT in the summer) so the trip home was getting a bit "sticky". We had a spare car with A/C and 4 doors so I started driving that. Two weeks turned into two months, which turned in to two years. My 4 door started giving me problems last week and I was working 14 to 16 hour days.... there was is no time to fix it. I figured, I'll just get out the Fiero!

I have really enjoyed the drive to and from work. A small perk considering the massive work load right now.

I think I just got a little piece of my soul back..... It's good to be back in my Fiero.

------------------
Paul

My IMSA Build: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/789315
HHP Adjustable Sway Bars: https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/036556.html

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 94
Rate this member

Report this Post09-26-2013 10:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I know what you mean... I only drive it about ten minutes a day, but it's sure nice to be in it every daily!
tesmith66

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 135
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for tesmith66Send a Private Message to tesmith66Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
STILL trying to get mine back to daily driver status. Work, life, health and work keep getting in the way...

------------------
1986 SE Aero coupe.

3.4 DOHC swap is complete and running, now just have to finish the rest of the car...

MstangsBware

Feedback score:    (108)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 459
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for MstangsBwareSend a Private Message to MstangsBwareEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
My 3800 DD has been down for a few months so I havd been driving my truck. Few weeks back I put my DOHC Formula on the road as a DD and its great to ge back in a Fiero. A plus is the Formula is a 5 speed and I havent driven a 5 speef Fiero in forever. 3800 Coupe will be back on the rosd soon also..

KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 09:04 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah I just started to do the same after getting my new interior finished (well mostly). It has been fun for sure. However it does make me want to consider the power steering mod!!! LOL

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 02:01 PM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It just feels right to drive the car. Probably because I drove my Fiero daily for about 12 years prior to driving this other car.
fieroguru

Feedback score:    (45)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 258
Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 07:37 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fieroguruSend a Private Message to fieroguruEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Yeah from 2010 to 2012 I was in a Fiero drought and didn't have a running fiero. In 2012 I purchased a 4cyl Fiero so I could get back to driving one, then earlier this year I got the LS4/F40 Fiero running and have been driving it nearly every day.

There really isn't much like driving a fiero every day!
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 08:20 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I would rather drive my Fiero over my G37s...so TOTALLY understand.
David Hambleton

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 09:05 PM Click Here to See the Profile for David HambletonSend a Private Message to David HambletonEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by TXOPIE:

Really? What's up with that?

I have two daily drivers: an '84 SE since new with 362,000 km on it & an '86 that I got in 2011 that has 119,000km.
You never know when you'll need a spare! For nice days & shows, I have an '88 Formula with 23,000 km on it.
Some people say: "You need three Fieros?" To which I replay: "What do you mean 'need'"!
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 10:48 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Care to elaborate out of curiosity?

Not that I've driven a G series car (only Infiniti experience is an 05 M35X) but I'm just curious as to why you feel that way

I personally have been DDing my 95 M6 Trans Am this past year until 2 months ago, its different and similar to the Fiero at the same time. But nothing can replace that seat on the ground and wonderfully ergonomic interior of the Fiero, I hope I can get back into one soon enough.
TXOPIE

Feedback score:    (13)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 01:10 AM Click Here to See the Profile for TXOPIEClick Here to visit TXOPIE's HomePageSend a Private Message to TXOPIEEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
OK...a little elaboration.

Don't get me wrong my G37s has Sh*t load of power, she handles like a dream, and the paddles are fun every once in a while.

The downside...its almost impossible to whip her rear end around a corner...she doesn't know how to let go of that damn pavement...lol!

Both of my Fieros that I have give me the same feeling as driving an adult sized go-kart!

Both are 5-Speeds and I will always love the feel of driving a manual over anything...don't care if the damn puter shifts faster than my a@@ or not.

You know we love to build these little cars a lot of different ways and let me say I have seen some great imagination, engineering & collaboration over the years in this forum...I know that my official active membership is not long at all, but I have been a lurker for a long time.

I digress... my point is the reason we truly love these cars is the way it makes us FEEL when we drive them.

With all the advances of a G37, it doesn't give me that same awesome feeling of actually driving my Fieros.

Never mind all the people I meet that come up to tell me how much they love the car.

[This message has been edited by TXOPIE (edited 09-28-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 02:09 AM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Havent had a good drive in a fiero in years

My Mera soon to change that

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-28-2013).]

R Runner

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 04:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for R RunnerSend a Private Message to R RunnerEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Both of my Fieros that I have give me the same feeling as driving an adult sized go-kart!

Both are 5-Speeds and I will always love the feel of driving a manual over anything...don't care if the damn puter shifts faster than my a@@ or not.

I digress... my point is the reason we truly love these cars is the way it makes us FEEL when we drive them.

Never mind all the people I meet that come up to tell me how much they love the car.

YES! I agree. These statements sum it up for me as well. I am also proud of our community and remember THAT when driving the Fiero.
nitroheadz28

Feedback score:    (26)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 01:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for nitroheadz28Send a Private Message to nitroheadz28Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by R Runner:

YES! I agree. These statements sum it up for me as well. I am also proud of our community and remember THAT when driving the Fiero.

X2!

After a Fiero, everything else feels lifeless
TheDigitalAlchemist

Feedback score: (5)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-28-2013 03:44 PM Click Here to See the Profile for TheDigitalAlchemistClick Here to visit TheDigitalAlchemist's HomePageSend a Private Message to TheDigitalAlchemistEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by KOS:

Yeah I just started to do the same after getting my new interior finished (well mostly). It has been fun for sure. However it does make me want to consider the power steering mod!!! LOL

Power steering is for WUSSES!!!!!

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock