Craigslist ad of the year! by ShockWave
Started on: 09-24-2013 04:22 AM
Replies: 13 (504 views)
Last post by: msrservices on 09-24-2013 09:42 PM
ShockWave

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 04:22 AM Click Here to See the Profile for ShockWaveSend a Private Message to ShockWaveEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
Kevin87FieroGT

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 04:53 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Kevin87FieroGTSend a Private Message to Kevin87FieroGTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Fly-ass.......ok
dajack761

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 06:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for dajack761Send a Private Message to dajack761Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
omg, that was hilarious!
rice.1

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 06:58 AM Click Here to See the Profile for rice.1Send a Private Message to rice.1Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Amazing. I actually wrote the guy just to tell him how great the ad was. Humorous, but truthful, (you have to read all the way through). Actually doesn't look like a bad car, and is priced well.
BlackEmrald

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 08:45 AM Click Here to See the Profile for BlackEmraldSend a Private Message to BlackEmraldEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Looks like a decent driver, that would shine up decently with some work. The price is right.
Macs86GT

Feedback score:    (6)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 08:54 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Macs86GTSend a Private Message to Macs86GTEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
someone either missed their calling to work in advertising or their already there. That made me laugh nice looking car for a reasonable price though. If it is rust free its a good deal.
mrfred8

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 09:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
If you look in the mall, the author of the ad is a member here and has his car (with link to CL ad) posted there.

https://www.fiero.nl/forum/Forum4/HTML/067311.html

------------------
--Jeff aka mrfred8
- 88 Yellow GT
- 86 Silver SE / 3800 s/c
Fieros For Sale

[This message has been edited by mrfred8 (edited 09-24-2013).]

Khw

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 134
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 10:02 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KhwSend a Private Message to KhwEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

So, it's time for a new set of wheels. You've been lusting after that Lotus Evora hanging up on your walls for years, but $100k for a car doesn't exactly fit into your budget. So that's out, but you still need something that looks great, runs/drives well, and grabs attention from fellow car nuts and ladies equally well. It needs to be cheap to insure and get decent gas mileage too, so you can put that money toward all the dates you'll be getting. No worries young Burt Reynolds. . ..I have the car for you.

This fly-ass 1986 Pontiac Fiero GT is straight from the decade when real men shifted their own gears, cassette tapes were a tech marvel, and if you wanted to get into a club you needed long hair. Think the comparison with the Lotus Evora is a joke? We can argue about that. . .but if you're looking for a Mid Engine v6 rear wheel drive car. . .they both have them. That's right, I said mid-engine, as in this little gem of a v6 sits right behind your head and pipes wonderful dead-dinosaur-explosion music straight to your brain. Couple that with an exhaust system that's about 3' long, and a 4 speed manual transmission, and you can't make sweeter music unless you bring Aretha Franklin along for the ride.

But how does it perform, you ask? Fantastic. Couple that sweet 2.8 v6 cranking out a factory rated 140 hp with the slick shifting 4 speed manual transmission, and you could see speeds well in excess of 200mph*. So it's got the speed to outrun the man, but you need to harness all that power. . .so how about the handling? The tires are fairly new, and the suspension was just rebuilt last year with new poly bushings, ball joints, and shocks. The control arms were all coated with Silver anti rust coating, which makes them look like aluminum to all your poser buddies, and drops 5lbs of unsprung weight improving handling*. The springs and sway bar were also painted red, which adds 5hp* and improves street cred to a level you can't even imagine.

This sweet driving 2 seat sports car is your ticket to fame, adventure, manhood, and maybe jail depending on how wild of a night you want to have. And it can be yours for a minimum-wage-affordable $1800. Call, email, or text Tim at 81six, 89six, 334zero.

For the parents:
Alright, so I may have said some things earlier that may give you cause for concern. You probably had your boy run into the room talking about this blazing fast car that makes panties fall off, and you're a little worried. I'm here to put your mind at ease.

First off, it does look cool. . .nobody car argue with how kick ass a Fiero GT is. However, the paint is a little faded (well, a lot faded), and it's got a small crack in the bumper. Not bad, but it ain't a garage queen.

Secondly, that whole business about girls? No worries folks, it's got 2 bucket seats with the stick shift in the middle, and no back seat. There's no way any illicit activities can be accomplished in this car, unless you're a hamster (not one of those big ass hamsters that roll around in the Kia Soul either. . .no way those guys will fit). There shouldn't be any speeding tickets either. This puppy made 140hp when it was brand new. Now after 140,000 miles, I'd be surprised if it was making more than 120hp, which is less than a Toyota Prius. It runs well but it's not a speed demon. Expect 0-60 in about 9 seconds. It's about on par with a modern chevy cruze or similar.

Maybe your concerned about safety? Well, the Fiero achieved a 5 star safety rating from the NHTSA, and was the 2nd safest vehicle in America from 1984 to 1988, bested only by the Volvo 740DL station wagon (it's on Wikipedia).

So it's safe, it's slow, there's no room for hanky panky, and it's cheap. She's cheap to insure and gets about 25 mpg. What more could you want for your kid's first car? I was using this as a daily driver for a while. . .it runs and drives well. That said, it's still a work in progress. The cruise control and AC don't work, the window motors are very slow (but work), it needs paint, it has a small oil leak (I think from the front valve cover) and the interior has some sun/heat damage. It also makes a "clunk" noise sometimes when you shift, which I have yet to locate...might be a motor/transmission mount? Bottom line: It's a 25 year old car. Still, hard to beat for a running/driving/road legal car!

* I made these numbers up. Springs can't add horsepower, and this car might see 200mph if you drove it off a cliff. . ..but even then, I doubt the terminal velocity is even that high. If you thought these numbers were real to begin with, please don't call me.

Just so I can read it when I get home. I don't want it to get flagged or taken down some other way before I get a chance to read it.
Scottzilla79

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:06 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Scottzilla79Send a Private Message to Scottzilla79Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by BlackEmrald:

Looks like a decent driver, that would shine up decently with some work. The price is right.

Right, if he had put half the effort into cleaning it up as the long-winded ad it would sell faster.
n7vrz

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 11:08 AM Click Here to See the Profile for n7vrzSend a Private Message to n7vrzEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Great ad. Good laugh.
I'd buy it but they didn't order optional Turbo Encabulator.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fjcJp_Nwvk
XThirtySeven

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 04:32 PM Click Here to See the Profile for XThirtySevenSend a Private Message to XThirtySevenEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I nominated it for Best of Craigslist, i encourage you guys to do the same
PFF
System Bot
motoracer838

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 83
Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 07:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for motoracer838Send a Private Message to motoracer838Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Bravo.

Joe
CPR85Fiero

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 09:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CPR85FieroSend a Private Message to CPR85FieroEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Haha! Love it!
msrservices

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-24-2013 09:42 PM Click Here to See the Profile for msrservicesClick Here to visit msrservices's HomePageSend a Private Message to msrservicesEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
And it's gone.... it was funny! I was going to flag it as best of.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock