Need help in the Corpus Christi area. by JCircs
Started on: 09-19-2013 05:57 PM
Replies: 11 (232 views)
Last post by: fierocarparts on 09-27-2013 12:49 AM
JCircs

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 05:57 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have a transmission that needs to be boxed and shipped from Corpus Christi (Texas A&M area) to me here in New Jersey. A student that made the purchase for me (from another member) is having trouble getting this done. He has all necessary funds but having trouble finding a crate or pallet and a place to ship from. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Feedback score:    (66)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 08:54 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I use fastenal. I take it to them, they put it on pallet, secure it and all for free. Shipping is cheaper than most.
NoMoreRicers

Feedback score: (3)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:11 PM Click Here to See the Profile for NoMoreRicersSend a Private Message to NoMoreRicersEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Originally posted by fierocarparts:

I use fastenal. I take it to them, they put it on pallet, secure it and all for free. Shipping is cheaper than most.

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:13 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

The only Fastenal I'm coming up with is a fastner supply company.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 10:59 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I was shocked to find out they do 3rd party shipping as well! Go to their website and on the right top there is LTL(?) logistics.
The people at my local fastenal didn't know they offered this service either. A member here bought a cradle from me and told me about them. A LOT cheaper than anyone else. Website is down as I write this, otherwise, I'd be exact on what to look for.
jaskispyder

Feedback score:    (22)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 205
Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 08:32 AM Click Here to See the Profile for jaskispyderSend a Private Message to jaskispyderEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Interesting, they must want to fill their trucks for a back haul. Cool!
KOS

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 10:19 AM Click Here to See the Profile for KOSClick Here to visit KOS's HomePageSend a Private Message to KOSEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
3PL is the link

------------------
Dan
Build Thread

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 02:16 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Thanks for the help guys. I called both places in the Corpus Christi area and neither one packs or ships. So now I just filled out their request form, let's see if I get a response.
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-20-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Like I said, the local one for me didn't know they offered that service either. Their main office sent paperwork.
JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-21-2013 10:17 AM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Received this today from fastenal.

Thank you for the opportunity to quote this and I apologize for the delayed response. The rate for this would be $125.00 shipping from/to the Fastenal locations closest to the zips below and capable of handling this. The Sayerville, NJ location works I just have to confirm on Monday though that the Corpus Christi location will work.

If you are interested in moving forward, just let me know and I will put together a rate sheet as well which will need to be completed prior. Feel free to let me know if you have any questions. If not, I will follow up on Monday.

Thanks,

Kenneth Broskoskie
Asst. Traffic Manager
Fastenal
1225 Mid Valley Drive
Jessup, PA 18434
(570) 307-0992 ext 114
(570) 307-1075 fax
kbroskos@fastenal.com

JCircs

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-25-2013 08:51 PM Click Here to See the Profile for JCircsSend a Private Message to JCircsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

Wow, you couldn't have been more right. I had the transmission along with the axles and some other parts dropped of at Fastenal today, within a few minutes everything was wrapped and strapped to a crate. Total cost for packing and shipping from Texas to New Jersey $125 and I will have it in a week. A big thanks to you Fierocarparts and the few others that help pass along the info.

[This message has been edited by JCircs (edited 09-25-2013).]

PFF
System Bot
fierocarparts

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-27-2013 12:49 AM Click Here to See the Profile for fierocarpartsSend a Private Message to fierocarpartsEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Glad to help. Funny that the people at the stores don't know they offer the service.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock