Looking for a favor in the Boston area by vwaltdog
Started on: 09-18-2013 01:39 PM
Replies: 4 (156 views)
Last post by: Gall757 on 09-19-2013 11:13 AM
vwaltdog

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 01:39 PM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I am the current owner of an 86 Fiero. I was wondering if I can meet someone in the Boston area and they would let me feel how hard it is to steer their Fiero. For some reason my car feels difficult to steer and I was wondering if it is normal or is something is wrong.
Thanks
Matt
IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot

Feedback score: (1)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 184
Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 03:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for 2.5Send a Private Message to 2.5Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Slight difficulty at low speeds could be normal, there is no power steering. It would be made worse by wide tires or far offset rims. What size tires do you have?
rbell2915

Feedback score:    (10)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-18-2013 10:28 PM Click Here to See the Profile for rbell2915Send a Private Message to rbell2915Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Taking the steering damper off may help. That's what I did, it's not harder at all to drive without it.
vwaltdog

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 09:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for vwaltdogSend a Private Message to vwaltdogEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
The tires are Z15 45ZR17. I already pulled the damper off to see if that would help and it does a little.
Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-19-2013 11:13 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I think you just answered your own question. Tires like that will be hard to steer on a Fiero, especially sticky ones.

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock