Fiero NOOB by Bmcghan09
Started on: 09-09-2013 10:49 PM
Replies: 11 (356 views)
Last post by: CowsPatoot on 09-10-2013 09:10 PM
Bmcghan09

Feedback score: N/A
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:49 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bmcghan09Send a Private Message to Bmcghan09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hey my name is Brandon,
I looked for an introduction thread but didn't see one. I picked up this fiero a week ago and I am having a lot of fun with the car. I may even keep it. I bought it to resell it. When it comes to cars I am no beginner, I have built jeeps from the ground up, built drag cars tuners but, this fiero is a whole different game to me. Here is what I have. Feel free to comment complain or add any input about it. I have thick skin and am all ears.
1984 Fiero no idea exact model
2.5L 4 Speed manual (don't know the trans) 125,000 miles
cross drilled rotors all the way around
car runs perfect and everything works. Interior is near perfect besides seats being worn.
newer model 2m4? hatch engine cover? after market wheels.
If I want to keep it I may keep it 100% Stock or possibly a v6 swap, I wouldn't do a v8 swap unless it's a 5.3 vortec I am a big fan of fuel injection which is not hard to strip a harness and flash a computer.

IP: Logged
PFF
System Bot
pontiackid86

Feedback score:    (12)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 344
Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 10:53 PM Click Here to See the Profile for pontiackid86Send a Private Message to pontiackid86Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Nice 84 and very clean, only issue with 84's is they don't exactly resell well unless its a rare model, but none the less fun cars to drive... not sure about the whole newer model thing being 84's were the 1st year but drive it have fun with it and hell do an engine swap... if you need instruction on a 3800SC swap into an 84 keep an eye on this thread as it is in the works of a 3800SC as we speak by a friend of mine (this is one of my cars welcome to the forum

also just to tell ya if its an 84 its not original, the decklid has been replaced, But... Take a pic of the RPO sheet on the driver side wheel well under the front hood... I think you may have a MY8 transission

//www.fiero.nl/forum/F.../HTML/082177-20.html

[This message has been edited by pontiackid86 (edited 09-09-2013).]

mrfred8

Feedback score: (2)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-09-2013 11:07 PM Click Here to See the Profile for mrfred8Click Here to visit mrfred8's HomePageSend a Private Message to mrfred8Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the madness, nice Fiero. There are a couple of active Fiero clubs in Michigan, I am sure they will be posting in this thread with more info for you.
Dotrenrew

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:23 AM Click Here to See the Profile for DotrenrewClick Here to visit Dotrenrew's HomePageSend a Private Message to DotrenrewEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the forum. I have been watching that car on craigslist for a few weeks. It belonged to somebody from the Capitol City Fiero Club. Not sure why he sold it. It is a very nice and clean car.

I have an 84 2M4 that I will keep stock. At least until this current motor goes, then it will probably get the 3800 sc swap.

Again, welcome to the madness and maybe I'll see you around. I'm in Lansing a few times a week.

------------------
2002 Audi Allroad. Tip. 100% Natural. (FOR SALE)
2011 VW Golf. (Wife's Wheels)
2002 VW Jetta (FOR SALE)
1984 Pontiac Fiero 4 speed Duke.

Gall757

Leave feedback

Total ratings: 90
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 10:59 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Gall757Send a Private Message to Gall757Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Welcome to the Forum!

The car is already about 75% stock, so don't worry about that any more.....and whatever you do...don't push that red button!...
Bmcghan09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:11 AM Click Here to See the Profile for Bmcghan09Send a Private Message to Bmcghan09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
I have about a gallon of purple power and I am going to go to town today. Plan is to clean the engine bay and make the wheels better. Doing a tune up today, pulling the valve cover and air cleaner assembly off; I'm going to paint the valve cover white to match the car and gloss black the intake so it looks a lot cleaner. I am going to look for some wheels that would look good white. I'll be stripping the engine bay of everything I don't need and probably tucking the harness as best as I can.
winger1955

Feedback score:    (8)
Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 11:14 AM Click Here to See the Profile for winger1955Send a Private Message to winger1955Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
come join the MICHIGAN FIERO CLUB. go to there website. you have a very nice looking fiero there.
Bmcghan09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 06:18 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bmcghan09Send a Private Message to Bmcghan09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Purple power works great but leaves lines and white residue everywhere, that doesn't come off easy any ways I painted the valve cover and air cleaner assembly and took a picture of RPO sheet so people can explain to me what I have. Replaced the plugs, Also replaced a ball joint so no more clunking.

Found a RPO site: Looks to have a 4 speed muncie in it per M19

[This message has been edited by Bmcghan09 (edited 09-10-2013).]

CowsPatoot

Feedback score:    (29)
Leave feedback

Total ratings: 84
Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:21 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
Hi...my name is Greg, and I am a Fieroholic...

Its an 84 sport coupe, with the M19 (performance tranny)...much quicker than the MY8 (econo tranny), but less gas mileage.

It came with:
Power door locks
Power windows
Rear defogger
Air Conditioning
Tilt wheel
4 spoke steering wheel
13" Steel wheels with 185/80/3 tires and chrome trim rings
Am/FM stereo with clock (no cassette)
Luggage Rack (yours now has an 85-88 decklid)
Gray cloth seats with light gray interior
White upper and lower paint

If I had caught you in time, i would have recommended against the white valve cover....it is impossible to keep clean. My 84 before re-installation (note that mine is powdercoated, so a little easier to clean...and I still won't recommend it):

Should be a fun car though...welcome to the club.

CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:31 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post

CowsPatoot

2792 posts
Member since May 2007
Edit - Darn it, I thought I saved this one from the double post...but it bit me again

[This message has been edited by CowsPatoot (edited 09-10-2013).]

Bmcghan09

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 08:50 PM Click Here to See the Profile for Bmcghan09Send a Private Message to Bmcghan09Edit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
White looks so good though, I love that clean look. I am going to paint the calipers white also. I would love to get my hands on some 5 spoke rims that I can powder coat white. I like the clean look. Does anybody know what this car is roughly worth?
PFF
System Bot
CowsPatoot

Leave feedback

Rate this member

Report this Post09-10-2013 09:10 PM Click Here to See the Profile for CowsPatootClick Here to visit CowsPatoot's HomePageSend a Private Message to CowsPatootEdit/Delete MessageReply w/QuoteDirect Link to This Post
It does look very clean when it really is very clean...but any minor oil leak will stain it, and that is impossible to get clean without repainting it.

To be fair, this is that same engine after about 20k miles:

I continually hear comments about how clean it is...but I see the stains (and the photos don't).

next newest topic | next oldest topic

All times are ET (US)

Hop to:

Contact Us | Back To Main Page

Advertizing on PFF | Fiero Parts Vendors
PFF Merchandise | Fiero Gallery | Ogre's Cave
Real-Time Chat | Fiero Related Auctions on eBay

Copyright (c) 1999, C. Pennock